Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

How do you guys think the batting and fielding will be implemented controls while playing 2 player?

How do you guys think the batting and fielding will be implemented controls while playing 2 player?

It's all speculation. Ross never confirmed upto how many players can play the game together.

The AFL live playtests were brilliant. I went to three. Ross was there at one, at the other there was another BigAnt employee. At one there was no one but still about 12 people playing.

I think I went to every EB play session from Western Australia to Victoria, did we catch up at one of them? (Never can tell from someone's username.)

I think I went to every EB play session from Western Australia to Victoria, did we catch up at one of them? (Never can tell from someone's username.)

Hey mate yeah I remember we had a chat at Chaddy eb games which I think might have been the first of all the tests. I remember you said you were making a table top game and then following that a full game. You even mentioned the lack of licences and how players and teams would be shared online. Great to see it come to fruition a few years down the track!

The play with no one there, at least that I could remember, was at Knox JB.

Hey mate yeah I remember we had a chat at Chaddy eb games which I think might have been the first of all the tests. I remember you said you were making a table top game and then following that a full game. You even mentioned the lack of licences and how players and teams would be shared online. Great to see it come to fruition a few years down the track!

The play with no one there, at least that I could remember, was at Knox JB.

Obviously more than a couple of years ago, I'm glad that we've been able to keep true to the plan, except I would have liked TableTop Cricket (TTC) out by now.

I didn't do any of the JB ones, stayed for the whole time at the EB ones except Knox where I had less time (I think I had the kids with me)...

Obviously more than a couple of years ago, I'm glad that we've been able to keep true to the plan, except I would have liked TableTop Cricket (TTC) out by now.

I didn't do any of the JB ones, stayed for the whole time at the EB ones except Knox where I had less time (I think I had the kids with me)...

I suppose TTC would have made a nice precursor to the full game, as many hardcore fans likely would have bought it as the excitement to the full game built. I'm not sure how much the sales will be affected by having the full game out at the same time or before.

I remember your son was at Chaddy. Nice guy, his name was Antony I think. Was ridiculously good at the game.

I probably had as much fun with AFL online as I did any game. The gameplay actually had flow. Beginner matches were tacklefests but the tackle counts decreased as I and my opponents got better and figured how to combat it. Proud to say I got to #2 on Xbox live using only an unedited Melbourne ;) Was far from the 2nd best player though, I just played it a lot.

I'm a little worried about how online games will be kept fair when almost all of the teams will be edited. It was very easy to exploit in AFL live unfortunately. Even when there was a ~2.5 star cap on custom teams, you could neglect the wings and flanks and create custom made beast players for the ruck and key positions and then dominate.

Even when this cap was lifted such that you could have a regular salary cap, people were still sneaky. I even tried this myself for a couple of games just to see how much I could exploit it. By removing "useless stats", i.e. ruck skills for all but two players and goal kicking for all defenders and some other things, I could get a superfreak team that could bomb goals from 70 and be untouchably fast yet only 4 stars I think. Needless to say, this got boring after a couple of games but it was an interesting test. I know this is taking it to the extreme, but it was still something that you wouldn't come across in other online sports games.

When we play people online in cricket, and they're using say Australia, will we be able to know which Australia they are using? If so, that'd be great as we could see they are using "Australia by Joe Bloggs, downloaded 2,500 times with a 5/5 rating" and be comfortable knowing that it's a realistic team.

Last edited:
Even when this cap was lifted such that you could have a regular salary cap, people were still sneaky. I even tried this myself for a couple of games just to see how much I could exploit it. By removing "useless stats", i.e. ruck skills for all but two players and goal kicking for all defenders and some other things, I could get a superfreak team that could bomb goals from 70 and be untouchably fast yet only 4 stars I think. Needless to say, this got boring after a couple of games but it was an interesting test. I know this is taking it to the extreme, but it was still something that you wouldn't come across in other online sports games.

It was so satisfying when you'd come across a super team being used by a poor player, and proceed to beat them comfortably with a default team. :D

It was so satisfying when you'd come across a super team being used by a poor player, and proceed to beat them comfortably with a default team. :D

I agree. The most annoying thing was when you'd come up against co-op players. I don't mind them playing online but you should have been informed of it before starting the match. There was just such an advantage, even if they didn't know how to play very well together. My heart would drop when I saw multiple players running around at the centre bounce, although the wins were always even more satisfying.

I just found Ross :p

ross.jpg

You look like Dirk Nannes from one angle Ross :thumbs

I'm glad that we've been able to keep true to the plan, except I would have liked TableTop Cricket (TTC) out by now.

Since it has been brought up - while I'm more keen on the main game - whats happening with the TableTop Cricket? Is that still being released?

I suppose TTC would have made a nice precursor to the full game, as many hardcore fans likely would have bought it as the excitement to the full game built. I'm not sure how much the sales will be affected by having the full game out at the same time or before.

I remember your son was at Chaddy. Nice guy, his name was Antony I think. Was ridiculously good at the game.

I probably had as much fun with AFL online as I did any game. The gameplay actually had flow. Beginner matches were tacklefests but the tackle counts decreased as I and my opponents got better and figured how to combat it. Proud to say I got to #2 on Xbox live using only an unedited Melbourne ;) Was far from the 2nd best player though, I just played it a lot.

I'm a little worried about how online games will be kept fair when almost all of the teams will be edited. It was very easy to exploit in AFL live unfortunately. Even when there was a ~2.5 star cap on custom teams, you could neglect the wings and flanks and create custom made beast players for the ruck and key positions and then dominate.

When we play people online in cricket, and they're using say Australia, will we be able to know which Australia they are using? If so, that'd be great as we could see they are using "Australia by Joe Bloggs, downloaded 2,500 times with a 5/5 rating" and be comfortable knowing that it's a realistic team.

The interesting thing is the community screamed for us to put custom teams online so we patched that request in (as at first they weren't) and it was a mistake... we won't do that again of course, we have learned a lot since then.

Yes, you have a very good memory - my Son Antony pretty much rules AFL Live, I think I did offer pretty big prizes for anyone that could take him on and beat him. Don't worry he'll be back at you with Cricket as well! :)

Users who are viewing this thread