Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

The interesting thing is the community screamed for us to put custom teams online so we patched that request in (as at first they weren't) and it was a mistake... we won't do that again of course, we have learned a lot since then.

Well its interesting that you brought that up, as this is one thing that I always wondered about how you would design it for the cricket game. Since the teams in this game are not licensed, people would obviously want to play with the teams created in CA. However, the biggest flaw in that would be the fact that people would just edit the players and make everyone of them invincible, thus sucking the fun out of these games. However, if you limit the level of skills we can assign to a player, then we might not have any extra ordinary player in the team. So basically, either we would have 10 Gary Sobers in the team (incase you do not limit the skill levels), or none at all (incase you limit the skills). How do you plan to tackle that?

We have a few online modes to choose from, don't worry, there won't be "super" teams online.

No Player in world cricket is perfect, so to be able to create the perfect cricketer would be a let down.... I imagine form will play a role (like in fifa..) the abilities should fluctuate according to their confidence....

In rare cases though, you might get a King Kallis, who is a master at a no. of trades...so yeah it will be interesting!

I am hoping this game will be released in South Africa (don't see a reason why not....) but if it's not- Please let me know in Advance so I can make a plan to organize this game...

We have a few online modes to choose from, don't worry, there won't be "super" teams online.

But at the same time we can create some super players right? (e.g. Bradman, Tendulkar, Sobers, Kallis etc)

You should be able to make a perfect cricketer, but their spine should explode after a few balls.

The interesting thing is the community screamed for us to put custom teams online so we patched that request in (as at first they weren't) and it was a mistake... we won't do that again of course, we have learned a lot since then.

Yes, you have a very good memory - my Son Antony pretty much rules AFL Live, I think I did offer pretty big prizes for anyone that could take him on and beat him. Don't worry he'll be back at you with Cricket as well! :)

The people requesting the patch were probably the people wanting to exploit it hehe. There was a lot of power with the editor to make some very interesting teams and I never came across one. People could have recreated famous premiership teams and if they did that properly, despite it being likely a 5 star team, I'd have happily challenged it. Unfortunately the teams were normally just 22 Sandilands clones.

Glad to hear you've got this issue covered in cricket though :D

If I can play a game from Switzerland lag-free then I'll gladly challenge him!

Switzerland was possibly the last place I would expect a sale :)

It isn't safe to assume anything, we will make direct statements about release and territories.

*do not assume anything at all from this statement either!

It isn't safe to assume anything, we will make direct statements about release and territories.

*do not assume anything at all from this statement either!

Would a possible statement be made closer to release?

I just found Ross :p

URL]

You look like Dirk Nannes from one angle Ross :thumbs

I don't think I'm that hard to find, my life is on the net - I think this is the first entry 1984... I have some earlier stuff but don't think the TRS80 stuff is online.

First steps in machine code on the Commodore 64 by Ross Symons - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

or maybe this:

GB64.COM - C64 Games, Database, Music, Emulation, Frontends, Reviews and Articles

Switzerland was possibly the last place I would expect a sale :)

I'll ship it in from the UK probably, as luckily Europe and Switzerland are on PAL as well. Got a pretty strong (for European standards) cricket league over here, full of Pakistanis and Indians.

Users who are viewing this thread