Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Why do people ask for stupid things like this? Didn't you think this through? Yeah lets add a feature that rarely or NEVER happens but lets spend time making such a waste of a feature that wouldn't even come into play in the game and if it did it'd be once in a blue moon just as it is in real life, which then makes it a waste of time to implement.

Ross once I saw a stump break like 30 years ago can you add this feature?

I was answering Ross's query on it. But I do endorse the idea too. You got all the core features. Now you just move on to the smaller details.
Let me be clear,
You are the only batsman left in the crease. You are bad at playing reverse swinging deliveries and you have a tail-ender with you. You have to bat all day to save the test. You can either try save the match against that or choose to take a one time risk of hitting the ball out of the park to make things a LOT easier for you.
And that's as much as polite I can be.

And about the stump breaking. Its all physics anyway, so who wouldn't be happy if you break the batman's stumps?

Ross if you can answer this question that would rock.
I asked Mike(trickstar) the same question and thought about your game also, does bigant cricket 14 have different counties with different tactics for the ai, and can we pick. Say for aus of old not this team:mad were very aggressive with there tactics than say some of the English teams over the years.

So maybe in this version or the next we could have some different options to pick from, like aggressive/defensive so on as you can see where I am coming from. Would love to see what you think of this idea. Thanks.:D

No, seriously, when people see our front of box against theirs they will choose ours on the cover alone - I am so excited!!.

Is it some recent development? I swear a couple of months ago you were saying almost the opposite :p

I think he made the deal of the century and is having trouble not releasing the information to us all. PS Let go ross just let go.:p:yes

While we are on the topic of covers, any chance you could comment on this one?

999509_589979511025298_1018266485_n.jpg

For people who do not know, this game is NOT being made by BigAnt (unfortunately)

As for the cricket cover, I am rather perplexed. Apparently the cover alone would blow away Ashes 2013, yet no matter how ---- the game is having Michael Clarke and Alistair Cook on the front cover will sell games. They're two of the best cricketers in the world and national heroes. If BA cricket is simple a BLAH's Cricket 14, then I'm not sure how that would beat let alone blow away the Ashes cover.

I can't see how it would be CA or the ECB since they are already invested in Ashes.

Perhaps it is licensed by the Australian state leagues, but even then no cricket tournament/tour in the world beats the Ashes.

Right now, I could only see a full ICC licence "blowing away" Ashes, but then again haven't we been told many times that the international teams are unlicensed, and hence the heavily reliance on Cricket Academy.

Very excited to see what it is though. I'll be by no means let down if it is BLAH's Cricket 14 but I think the cover battle would be more even (on the front at least, not the back).

I remember once during an English county match Sehwag purposefully hit the ball out of the stadium as it was reverse swinging, so they would get a new ball.(As said by his partner)
If you could implement such a feature then it adds an extra dynamic to the game.

And cricket gaming as a whole? I wish he fires well and make you feel the heat too :)

On another topic, why didn't you make the opening pair be different in heights and builds, in the sneak peak video?

Frikkin weird idiot Indian cricket nerds

Frikkin weird idiot Indian cricket nerds

Well, not really... That may be asking too much, but still, you never know the full list of small goodies hidden in BAC14...

You don't specifically need a hit-the-ball-out-to-get-rid-of-reverse-swing feature. That can just happen if the new ball given to you is just not *exactly* what you were playing with... :rolleyes

Last edited:
So I'm assuming the game is delayed till November?

I hope its a fair time before ashes 2013 in November.

We all know how much better this game is than AC20013 but unfortunately we fall under the minority group on this site. Big Ant will be relying heavily on the average cricket and gaming fan out there to go out and purchase this game.

If i walk into a game shop as a casual gamer or cricket fan and there are 2 cricket games and one of them has the ECB and cricket Australia sticker on it no doubt i would definitely by Ashes 2013.

If AC2013 goes head to head with Big Ant they will most probably win due to ECB and Cricket Australia Licences.Regardless on how much better Cricket14 gameplay and features are.

What is the definition of casual gamer in your book?
Is it a five year old dumb kid who would take a rainbow colored lollipop instead of a fortune cookie?:p
You seriously underestimate casual gamers!:facepalm

No, seriously, when people see our front of box against theirs they will choose ours on the cover alone - I am so excited!!

This quote intrigues me :spy
Generally Ross plays by the rule 'under promise, over deliver'
To be so excited... I'm friggin excited!!! :cheers

Even more than Big Kev (some might get that reference)...

Has the cover player played all the shot animations in the game??
If,yes then surely it would be a left handed batsman [By looking at the cover drive in the trailer]:):thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread