Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Do we know if Ross made the statement of the game not having licensed national sides, after/before the publisher came on-board? Things could have changed license wise, if a publisher like EA does join hands with Bigant.

Also remember Ross said, bigant would just be a shadow once we see the cover, so has to be something big like EA with some licensed nations, and not just licensed domestic sides.

Plus if I can remember correctly Ross did mention he got introduced to Cricket Australia via the damn letter Ashes guys had CA sent to Ross, so I think that does rule out the possibility of the BBL atleast, since that would have meant Ross already knew the CA guys? Just my 2 cents!

I don't think EA has a magical add_licences.exe that is, it takes time to add something that fundamental to a game, one would think...

Ah, so unless that message was cryptic, and I don't see how, I am not sure what would be bigger than Ashes, given the Target Market is ENG/AUS.

I don't think EA has a magical add_licences.exe that is, it takes time to add something that fundamental to a game, one would think...

Good point!! That would also mean re-doing the commentary....which is impossible at this stage!!

Well they can just download all the players with the correct stats/likeness from Cricket Academy :yes.

Maybe they are using Isar's creations, thats why the special treatment :spy ( jk, isar love your work, you deserve to be on there)

Last edited:
Good point!! That would also mean re-doing the commentary....which is impossible at this stage!!
Re-doing commentary? Why? I don't feel there would be need of re -doing comentary. What for? For player names? Well, as told by Ross it'll use surnames, so should be no issues.

One thing is quite sure that it cannot be a local publisher because one player alone cannot be bigger than the Ashes(with ECB and CA licenses). If not EA, it could be other famous and reputed publisher.:thumbs

I think codemaster would be funny that ea to be honest. PS Let's hope we find out this Friday as ross has said not much about this Friday.

It could be the CLT20 IMO. I know most of us here do belittle that format of the game, but for the larger audiences and the files Friend863 found out, it could just be it. That could also justify "We have licences" and "No licensed national sides". Moreover, this game could well be out by the first week of September, hardly 10-15 days before the tournament starts. Wonder how that makes its cover better than Ashes though (for the larger public obviously, never been a fan of the Ashes).

Ross knows exactly how to keep us guessing! And on top of all this, Ross hasn't said anything on the lines of "keep your expectations under the check" or something. Didn't he talk of the heavy "artillery" closer to the release? :spy

I dont think that their is anything on friday as eoss has said nothing about it

Re-doing commentary? Why? I don't feel there would be need of re -doing comentary. What for? For player names? Well, as told by Ross it'll use surnames, so should be no issues.

Possible, but previous licensed games e. g. Cricket 07 had special comments based on the player. Knowing Ross' want to fully utilise resources and reach the pinnacle of detail, this seems like a glaring omission. Just getting to include a surname seems like a less than complete use of an expensive licence.:)

----------

I dont think that their is anything on friday as eoss has said nothing about it

He mentioned that at the least there would be a cricket academy update "hopefully with a couple of surprises" iirc. Not sure what's developed since then.

@Ross
How hopeful you are of getting the clearance from the publisher before Friday?
It is there, Ross indirectly confirmed it. He told the new CA update(promised to be released coming friday) has the player name associated with it, so there should be a press release to accompany that. :)

It is there, Ross indirectly confirmed it. He told the new CA update(promised to be released coming friday) has the player name associated with it, so there should be a press release to accompany that. :)

So, anther super Sunday round the corner... :thumbs :cheers

It is there, Ross indirectly confirmed it. He told the new CA update(promised to be released coming friday) has the player name associated with it, so there should be a press release to accompany that.

Na, that was to be last Friday only if he had got the approval. I think that we will get the normal CA update as usual, unless Ross has already got the approval from the licensor(s).

As for the speculation that who will be the publisher, it wouldn't be EA, otherwise Ross wouldn't have mentioned that they have no licensed national sides atm. EA already own the 4 nations license, and possibly the ICC license too when they got together with HB Studios to make C09. None of his statements were cryptic ( I guess) .

And to add what an angad has written, does anyone remember Ross writing " at this point we have licensed national sides" then after few mins he corrected himself saying "no licensed national sides" .. That might also be a hint in some way...

Users who are viewing this thread