Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Angad, you're building yourself up for a big fall saying BA are being published by EA xD
But I don't mind either way. Licenses are kewl, but who knowsss

Well exactly... Licences are cool enough that one would think that they would be highlighted by Ross as a key feature asap. I am (very) sceptical of EA being the publisher but I'm almost certain that they won't have licences.

Still I hope my words are tasty because I want to enjoy it if I have to eat them in the coming days/weeks. :thumbs

Considering how the licences stop you from doing just about everything to do with Australia and England players in Ashes Cricket, I hope they are as unlicensed as possible while keeping a viable product, or have made sure to negotiate licences that don't have such limitations.

Absolutely....specially when you have an awesome player editor with realistic looking players available from Day1!!!

The only way I think ea sports would publish this cricket game is if they did not give a hell of a lot of money for the developing side of the game. Wait they, yeah it's EA all the way. :noway:p

Gut feeling they are sitting back and enjoying the EA fun :) nice Ashes game going between you two :)

I suppose it's possible that they are being forced to sit back due to negotiations continuing. Just doesn't seem like EA or Ross to idle when there is money to be made/revenue to drive up respectively.

If this is indeed true.....Isrararrafi is gonna become a bigger star than he could ever imagine :p!!

Well I am off to buy that $4000 burberry jacket and the $6000 armani suit...gotta suit up for my photo session.

Surely nothing can go wrong for me from now on....

I suppose it's possible that they are being forced to sit back due to negotiations continuing. Just doesn't seem like EA or Ross to idle when there is money to be made/revenue to drive up respectively.

Do you know Gone4ADuck personally Quacktime.:p

You've done very well here, Angad, and standing on this, let me speculate on the license -

1. Ross has already told us that there are no licensed national sides.

So there is high probability that they've got licensed domestic sides...

2. As someone pointed out earlier, the Big Bash League'll be around the corner in a few months after the release of the game. (The next season commences on 20 december 2013)

3. From whatever Friend863 found out from the game's files, there're dedicated sections for BigBash league and even the IPL, plus original names of South African Domestic sides... So all these competitions may be licensed. As they don't have licensed national sides, they'll counter that with these domestic tourneys.....

4. Going for a legend or a retired player will not be in Ross's mind, as Legendary player = OLD Look. That can't counter the Cook and Clarke on the front cover of AC13 at least.

5. England and Australia are undoubtedly the biggest markets, but none of the players who're currently playing will be available for endorsing, due to the Ashes Cricket licensing. SO may be one player each for Australia and England, who've retired from international cricket lately would be ideal. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's an Andrew Fintoff/Adam Gilchrist Cricket 14

So that's it - IPL+BBL+may be other domestic comp.s with Flintoff/Gilchrist endorsing it...

Well, I am actually a little in the middle now with all this EA thing!! Having known Ross for almost a year now, it seems exactly like his style of saying that they have EA on board!! I mean, looking back at his posts:

a) He has talked about EA a lot. More than any other publisher (infact I dont think he talked about any other publisher at all).

b) He mentioned more than once that EA doesnt publish any game that is not expected to sell 1 million units at full price. Now this is a typical cryptic message one can expect from Ross. In a way he is trying to tell us that if EA does publish a game, it has to be one which has a lot of potential.....so he is highlighting the fact that it is like a compliment for a game when EA decides to publish it. Also, he never ever refuted the claim that EA is publishing his title.

c) It is only after the publisher came into the picture that he has started to talk about the size of his official, the front cover beating AC13 black and blue (when earlier I clearly remember him being a little apprehensive about taking on the Ashes brand). Well....EA is one such name that can beat the hell out of any other game when it comes to cricket. Its a HUGE HUGE HUGE brand!!!! Remember, Ross keeps talking about the front cover, not the actual licensed player per se :p! And frankly, one can never ever be so confident (as Ross is) about the front cover even if you have Tendulkar on it, as there will always be a location where the player would not be loved that much. However a Huge Brand like EA on the cover page will make any developer confident.

d) EA prides itself in producing sport games of all kinds. It stopped with cricket as they just couldnt make a good profitable one. If they retained the ICC license, it means that they still cared for cricket, only that they didnt want to put their own money in developing one, based on their past experience. However, if there was any cricket game that would EA would be proud to have under their belt, it would be BigAnt's cricket. Everything is going for it.....The game is just filled with quality (quality that EA games normally boast of), the game did not have a publisher and the developers started to look for one after finishing the game, and there is a lot (and I really mean A LOT) of excitement amongst the fans regarding this game.

What got my mind rolling in this direction was the post from Ross in which he said that "Things are different when you bring a finished game to a publisher." when someone mentioned that big publishers normally do not let the developer keep the code.

e) We have thrown in the argument that if EA indeed publishes the title they would allow BigAnt to use its licenses, but thats not how it works. They might not have reached an agreement to use the licenses.

f) As a lot of people have already mentioned, the font used for the title does resemble the ones used by EA sports games!! And we got this font only after the publisher came into then picture!

If this is indeed true.....Isrararrafi is gonna become a bigger star than he could ever imagine :p!!
I don't know if Mike is a man of his own words but I am quite sure Ross is. Along with all that, he has also mentioned there will be no licensed sides and if EA are the publishers, licensed sides should be there. But then, who knows?? It may well go other way and it may be possible that Ross meant something else with that statement and we interpreted it wrongly. OK, but the wait is not long, friday is not away. Just couple of more days.

I don't know if Mike is a man of his own words but I am quite sure Ross is. Along with all that, he has also mentioned there will be no licensed sides and if EA are the publishers, licensed sides should be there. But then, who knows?? It may well go other way and it may be possible that Ross meant something else with that statement and we interpreted it wrongly. OK, but the wait is not long, friday is not away. Just couple of more days.

Didn't read the (e) point up there, Meet? :D

Well I am off to buy that $4000 burberry jacket and the $6000 armani suit...gotta suit up for my photo session.

Surely nothing can go wrong for me from now on....

Well you could be shown in the trailer getting bowled for a Duck over and over again:p. PS Still lucky man to get your own trailer, I do wonder if ross will call it isrararrafi sneak peak. I don't mind just hope it's longer than 30 seconds this time.:thumbs

----------

Never been seen together...

Just tell him there is only room for one Duck on PC ok:eek:, well I do look a little like a duck see. It's the red face.

Do we know if Ross made the statement of the game not having licensed national sides, after/before the publisher came on-board? Things could have changed license wise, if a publisher like EA does join hands with Bigant.

Also remember Ross said, bigant would just be a shadow once we see the cover, so has to be something big like EA with some licensed nations, and not just licensed domestic sides.

Plus if I can remember correctly Ross did mention he got introduced to Cricket Australia via the damn letter Ashes guys had CA sent to Ross, so I think that does rule out the possibility of the BBL atleast, since that would have meant Ross already knew the CA guys? Just my 2 cents!

Users who are viewing this thread