Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I'm also split on this EA thing. On one hand I can't see EA being involved with something that has unlicensed stadiums, kits and so on, I know they could change the kits given a bit of time but not the stadiums.

But then again some things Ross has said got me thinking, especially the one about Big Ant being a shadow when game is released, it must mean the publishers are huge, like EA. Also the only thing that could blow Cook and Clarke away on the cover would be an EA Sports special with someone like Dhoni, Tendulkar, Gayle or all three a la FIFA.

Also if EA were the publishers would that mean they could put any existing player on the cover because they own the ICC license, not sure.

If it was EA then players and teams would surely be licensed, would that mean all our efforts in CA were in vain or would they still allow for it all to be edited, I hope so. Maybe they would choose the best CA creation for each player and use it in the game. I'm getting carried away now. All will be revealed I suppose, I just hope none of this puts the game back further.

I think releasing this game in september would be a big mistake because the new gta and new fifa come out in september and people wotth aruggle for money, release it early september and there will be no problems for people

1.Really!! Fifa is a problem??:facepalm What about Batman:Arkham origins then?:p

2.Any thoughtful gamer can dump Fifa,Call of duty and all those other yearly rip offs for Gta 5, but not cricket 14, not even if he has the slightest of interest in a cricket game?

For any cricket enthusiast, this game is as important (if not more) as any game releasing this year and not even a little less.....

Re-doing commentary? Why? I don't feel there would be need of re -doing comentary. What for? For player names? Well, as told by Ross it'll use surnames, so should be no issues.

The surnames Ross was talking about were the top 'X' surnames in a country. So, for example, if Tendulkar is not in the top 'X', it will not be included.

1.Really!! Fifa is a problem??:facepalm What about Batman:Arkham origins then?:p

2.Any thoughtful gamer can dump Fifa,Call of duty and all those other yearly rip offs for Gta 5, but not cricket 14, not even if he has the slightest of interest in a cricket game?

For any cricket enthusiast, this game is as important (if not more) as any game releasing this year and not even a little less.....

Couldn't agree more.

This argument doesn't make sense. If someone wants to buy FIFA, GTA or any other game (say Madden) ahead of BAC14, the person will do so irrespective of when BAC14 is released. Conversely, a cricket gaming fan will buy a cricket game no matter when it's released.

It is there, Ross indirectly confirmed it. He told the new CA update(promised to be released coming friday) has the player name associated with it, so there should be a press release to accompany that. :)

He also said that the CA contains the licensed items that would be revealed on Friday. If EA is indeed the new publisher, we all know they like to have everything (Kits, Bat, Logo etc) with their name on it :p!

The point has been made a few times that EA aren't interested in producing games that sell fewer than 1m units. Ross has also said he expects the first version of the game to make a loss.
That to my mind makes it extremely unlikely EA are involved in any way.

The surnames Ross was talking about were the top 'X' surnames in a country. So, for example, if Tendulkar is not in the top 'X', it will not be included.

That's more or less like giving us CA Beta (obviously for making up for the lack of licences) and then not encouraging us (or staying silent) as ppl come up with players which they couldn't have otherwise had due to licencing issues. Not that there's anything wrong with it, in fact its the best way out. Get ppl engaged and save some bucks! :yes

What I mean is do you really think all that Ross said was true? Obviously he has got in all the surnames of cricketers for the respective countries (and some additional ones too just to make his point) IMO. Don't think that'd be a problem, no ones gonna ask him to show his source of the "top X surnames" from a country.

----------

The point has been made a few times that EA aren't interested in producing games that sell fewer than 1m units. Ross has also said he expects the first version of the game to make a loss.
That to my mind makes it extremely unlikely EA are involved in any way.

In an anti-clockwise sense, if EA were on board, the game would certainly not make a loss and sell more units (perhaps 1million)? *way too optimistic me*

And if that's true, why would EA not be on board?

PS: And I have no idea whatsoever of how much did the previous EA titles sell, so before someone pounces on me for that, its all mere speculation!

And to add what an angad has written, does anyone remember Ross writing " at this point we have licensed national sides" then after few mins he corrected himself saying "no licensed national sides" .. That might also be a hint in some way...

I do not think so. Ross was just playing with us or he genuinely made a mistake.

I had a dream last night that I ran in to Adam Gilchrist at some sporting event, he said "I'm bloody tired , been up all night finishing of my cricket game requirements" then we started discussing features...lol see what reading this forum does to u!!

some things Ross has said got me thinking, especially the one about Big Ant being a shadow when game is released, it must mean the publishers are huge, like EA. Also the only thing that could blow Cook and Clarke away on the cover would be an EA Sports special with someone like Dhoni, Tendulkar, Gayle or all three a la FIFA.

Thats what I'm currently thinking - totally agree with you here. :yes

As the game isnt focused soley on test or 2020 Ive always thought it could be called something like "Total Cricket" but if going down the avenue of creating a lasting franchise then it could be "ICC Cricket" which would be comparable to FIFA, NHL or NBA. And as you say it also means that the big anchor names could be brought out in Dhoni, Gayle and ABD.

What's going on with this publisher ?.Ross is investing his own money.can someone clear this.

My money has backed the game and we were to self publish.

This recently changed when publishers and distributors saw the state of the Ashes game and saw an opportunity - so I made a deal that will benefit all involved including the public.

I seriously don't think Ashes will ever get released if all they are going to do is increase the graphical quality with a mere upgrade of Unity, at the event where I saw Ashes on display two weeks ago people were walking away and uttering words like "embarrassing", "why did they show it", etc... but if you don't believe me then you've got it from 505 games themselves - it must be pretty bad for them to say it did not reach their quality bar!

Mike Fegan said they were going to solve all their problems when Unity 4.3 was release. Maybe he made a typo because I'm not aware of any 4.3 on the horizon. perhaps he meant 4.2, but even that was only released a week ago. Why bank everything on the release by another company? A release that happened a month after the initial Ashes release date...

Are you able to tell us Ross what kind of things were shown at the Ashes presentation? Was someone actually playing the game?

Users who are viewing this thread