Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Ross....here is something that Mike Fegan wrote in Ashes QnA:

I just thought you would want to know!! Generic Licenses....Oh no...Mike's in trouble!!

I guess that's just as true as the "those screen shots are six months old" - can't wait to see everything "tuned on" :lol

----------

What are the chances of mike fegan knowing about the publishers of cricket 14?? :p

Doubtful - on June 19 he didn't know his unsubmitted game wasn't going to make June 21st - during July he didn't know his unsubmitted game wasn't going to make July - he still doesn't know that his game isn't going to make November, what makes you think he knows about our game?

We'll beat them on the front, back, inside, hell there's even a game inside our box!

Ross you sneaky, sneaky man. You've finally given it away. So I was suspecting EA sports just from the font of Cricket 14 but I feel this confirms it.

Does the quote above sound familiar. Perhaps to EA's tag line "EA Sports, it's in the game".

I'm sure I'm not just reading into this too much.

I dont know!!! If they are indeed combining with EA, Ross would surely have not mentioned the fact that there are no licensed national sides in this game. Have EA sports ever published a game without licenses?? Also Mike himself stated that EA has the ICC license.....so if they wanted to publish this game, I am sure they would have utilized those licenses to maximise the sales.

I do hope EA stays away from BigAnt. They kind of screw things a lot!!

Well, I am actually a little in the middle now with all this EA thing!! Having known Ross for almost a year now, it seems exactly like his style of saying that they have EA on board!! I mean, looking back at his posts:

a) He has talked about EA a lot. More than any other publisher (infact I dont think he talked about any other publisher at all).

b) He mentioned more than once that EA doesnt publish any game that is not expected to sell 1 million units at full price. Now this is a typical cryptic message one can expect from Ross. In a way he is trying to tell us that if EA does publish a game, it has to be one which has a lot of potential.....so he is highlighting the fact that it is like a compliment for a game when EA decides to publish it. Also, he never ever refuted the claim that EA is publishing his title.

c) It is only after the publisher came into the picture that he has started to talk about the size of his official, the front cover beating AC13 black and blue (when earlier I clearly remember him being a little apprehensive about taking on the Ashes brand). Well....EA is one such name that can beat the hell out of any other game when it comes to cricket. Its a HUGE HUGE HUGE brand!!!! Remember, Ross keeps talking about the front cover, not the actual licensed player per se :p! And frankly, one can never ever be so confident (as Ross is) about the front cover even if you have Tendulkar on it, as there will always be a location where the player would not be loved that much. However a Huge Brand like EA on the cover page will make any developer confident.

d) EA prides itself in producing sport games of all kinds. It stopped with cricket as they just couldnt make a good profitable one. If they retained the ICC license, it means that they still cared for cricket, only that they didnt want to put their own money in developing one, based on their past experience. However, if there was any cricket game that would EA would be proud to have under their belt, it would be BigAnt's cricket. Everything is going for it.....The game is just filled with quality (quality that EA games normally boast of), the game did not have a publisher and the developers started to look for one after finishing the game, and there is a lot (and I really mean A LOT) of excitement amongst the fans regarding this game.

What got my mind rolling in this direction was the post from Ross in which he said that "Things are different when you bring a finished game to a publisher." when someone mentioned that big publishers normally do not let the developer keep the code.

e) We have thrown in the argument that if EA indeed publishes the title they would allow BigAnt to use its licenses, but thats not how it works. They might not have reached an agreement to use the licenses.

f) As a lot of people have already mentioned, the font used for the title does resemble the ones used by EA sports games!! And we got this font only after the publisher came into then picture!

If this is indeed true.....Isrararrafi is gonna become a bigger star than he could ever imagine :p!!

f) As a lot of people have already mentioned, the font used for the title does resemble the ones used by EA sports games!! And we got this font only after the publisher came into then picture!
Well the player cards have had the 'EA Sports font' the entire time - I made this back in March -
attachment.php

Was told at the time the font wasn't owned by EA.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 203
Well the player cards have had the 'EA Sports font' the entire time - I made this back in March -

Well...then we can eliminate the font theory....even the black and red goes with BigAnt's own logo :)!!

----------

I feel the player is EA

Lol...the player wont be EA!! Remember, Ross has been harping about the front cover....not the player itself!! Front cover includes the name, the player, and the publisher along with the developers :D!

After many have started talking about EA, Ross and Mikey have logged out.....:D

After many have started talking about EA, Ross and Mikey have logged out.....:D

Or maybe its pretty late for them to stay here :p!! Its midnight there....give them a break ;)! Also you must remember, Ross is not allowed to post when eating dinner with family :D!

Angad, you're building yourself up for a big fall saying BA are being published by EA xD
But I don't mind either way. Licenses are kewl, but who knowsss

If this is indeed true.....Isrararrafi is gonna become a bigger star than he could ever imagine :p!!

Hey, don`t know whether all this is true but I think I was one of the first to come up with this EA speculation. :p

Angad, you're building yourself up for a big fall saying BA are being published by EA.

Dont worry about it....I just like doing that :p!!! You think I actually believe EA is publishing it?? Nah!! Im kinda in the middle!

Pushing theories is however my source of enjoyment around here when everything else is a bit quiet.....keeps the juices flowing ;)!

Considering how the licences stop you from doing just about everything to do with Australia and England players in Ashes Cricket, I hope they are as unlicensed as possible while keeping a viable product, or have made sure to negotiate licences that don't have such limitations.

I've heard substantiated ones that you don't.
Much to the delight of the makers of caffeinated beverages.

Users who are viewing this thread