Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I don't mind using gamepad as I already have one but from BigAnt perspective for this game to do well on sales, it should be playable with keyboard. All they need to do is, just map the gamepad buttons on keyboard. The keyboard buttons are more than necessary so it should be possible to have all the required keys. Fifa games are never meant to be played with keyboard which I think is more difficult to play than cricket games yet they always come with its support. If BA don't have keyboard support to play the game, then it'll be one of major let down for Reviewers and causal gamers which may well affect the sales. It doesn't necessarily have to be easy and well organized keyboard controls to play this game but it should at least be compatible if you're targeting major audience IMO.

And it's released on PC which make's it even more important

I don't mind using gamepad as I already have one but from BigAnt perspective for this game to do well on sales, it should be playable with keyboard. All they need to do is, just map the gamepad buttons on keyboard. The keyboard buttons are more than necessary so it should be possible to have all the required keys. Fifa games are never meant to be played with keyboard which I think is more difficult to play than cricket games yet they always come with its support. If BA don't have keyboard support to play the game, then it'll be one of major let down for Reviewers and causal gamers which may well affect the sales. It doesn't necessarily have to be easy and well organized keyboard controls to play this game but it should at least be compatible if you're targeting major audience IMO.

Looking at other BA titles they seem to really concentrate there efforts on realistic gameplay and towards thise players who know what realistic play means and are willing to learn, even if the curve is steep....

Ross is reading all this and thinking "Ha Suckers" while making the twins:spy

I bet we will not see Ross on pc till tonight, way way to busy for that.:yes

Ross did say back on page 1 of the 'general' thread:

"We're keeping our licenses up our sleeve for now"

So, they must have some licenses, whether it be teams, stadiums, gear or whatever... I still think there will be some licensed teams.

I would rather sacrifice the keyboard than the gameplay, so that has been our choice this time around - if at some point we think of a way of changing that then it will be via a patch.

Professional reviewers spend very little time per game, they generally don't get into the depth of a game as they are trying to get their review out before everyone else. Considered, even handed reviews where time has been spent are very hard to find, especially if the review is out prior to general release of the game or at launch. It is my opinion that reviews do not dramatically effect sales of sports titles, they do effect our Ego's of course :)

----------

Can Someone please tell me, whether this game will run on 64 bit windows 7 and also about the keyboard controls?or else should I buy xbox?

Windows 7 is fine. You will need a controller in order to play the game.

I would rather sacrifice the keyboard than the gameplay, so that has been our choice this time around - if at some point we think of a way of changing that then it will be via a patch.

Professional reviewers spend very little time per game, they generally don't get into the depth of a game as they are trying to get their review out before everyone else. Considered, even handed reviews where time has been spent are very hard to find, especially if the review is out prior to general release of the game or at launch. It is my opinion that reviews do not dramatically effect sales of sports titles, they do effect our Ego's of course :)

:thumbs Ross, hats off to your "no compromise" approach as far as gameplay is concerned and we appreciate it :cheers

Will the Cricket Academy part support keyboard/mouse? I perfectly understand it for gameplay, but I can't think of anything worse than being on a PC and needing to type in team/player names using a d-pad.

Will the Cricket Academy part support keyboard/mouse? I perfectly understand it for gameplay, but I can't think of anything worse than being on a PC and needing to type in team/player names using a d-pad.

I think controller on PC is easier than the mouse for navigation and editing the players however Keyboard + Mouse is fine for the Cricket Academy, you will have same functionality as gamepad.

[ QUOTE=BigAntStudios;2490545]I would rather sacrifice the keyboard than the gameplay, so that has been our choice this time around - if at some point we think of a way of changing that then it will be via a patch.

----------

Windows 7 is fine. You will need a controller in order to play the game.[/QUOTE]

This is the first post where i got a reply from Ross. Thanks. If i buy a controller will i be able to play in user vs user mode in a single pc? I mean i should bowl and the other person will bat by using same pc controller

This is the first post where i got a reply from Ross. Thanks. If i buy a controller will i be able to play in user vs user mode in a single pc? I mean i should bowl and the other person will bat by using same pc controller
You'd need to buy two controllers - ignoring other issues - you'd need to control fielding at the same time as the batsman is controlling their running.

I'd imagine it would be four-player on the one PC with four controllers, but it would certainly support two.

If i buy a controller will i be able to play in user vs user mode in a single pc? I mean i should bowl and the other person will bat by using same pc controller

Yes Ross, we need to know that. It'd be awesome. Don't think any previous games offered that.

Users who are viewing this thread