Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I've written down a few teams already. My first team will be England from 80's to present day. Basically my favourite England players I have seen in action.

----------

How about you dutch

Nice. I am thinking of making a lot of players, kind of generic, for a Dutch domestic competition I hope to be able to make in the game once it is out and generally mess about with it.

Hope you are going to make Bob Willis!

Nice. I am thinking of making a lot of players, kind of generic, for a Dutch domestic competition I hope to be able to make in the game once it is out and generally mess about with it.

I will be making him, but he just missed out in that team, only just remember him playing.

Why is everyone stressing about licenses ?

Planetcricket style it and make correct names and stuff from the editor

Ross mentioned that Left stick will control footwork or 'feet placement in the shot'. So it'll be for controlling frontfoot/backfoot/across footwork. But I wonder how have they implemented it. It would've been nice to know whether will we be able to control the amount of feet movement.
For example, suppose I want to play a cover drive to a full length, wide delivery. So the footwork need to be across the stumps. The left stick should be moved towards 8'o clock position. Now is it like the more I move the stick away from the center position, the footwork will be that much more across the stumps or is it fixed?

Will you be making any other teams? Can't wait to see all the creations here. Wondering how will the cross platform download will work. Less than 24 hours for CA, looking forward to it. :)

Ross mentioned that Left stick will control footwork or 'feet placement in the shot'. So it'll be for controlling frontfoot/backfoot/across footwork. But I wonder how have they implemented it. It would've been nice to know whether will we be able to control the amount of feet movement.
For example, suppose I want to play a cover drive to a full length, wide delivery. So the footwork need to be across the stumps. The left stick should be moved towards 8'o clock position. Now is it like the more I move the stick away from the center position, the footwork will be that much more across the stumps or is it fixed?

I would want it to be automatic. Whether its really wide or close to the offstump, when i move the stick to the left the batsman should adjust accordingly to the ball position and hit it.

I would want it to be automatic. Whether its really wide or close to the offstump, when i move the stick to the left the batsman should adjust accordingly to the ball position and hit it.

I would contradict. This would then be more like what we have seen in past. Even though we didn't move our feet earlier, the batsman positioned himself according to the ball as well as the shot (until the games were patched).

I would contradict. This would then be more like what we have seen in past. Even though we didn't move our feet earlier, the batsman positioned himself according to the ball as well as the shot (until the games were patched).

Problem with that is we already have one analog button to press just the right amount to determine power of the shot. If you include another analog input (the stick) then it would be much harder to manage to press an analog button AND move an analogue stick just the right amount to play a shot. Knowing my skills with a controller I know i will never get it right.

Problem with that is we already have one analog button to press just the right amount to determine power of the shot. If you include another analog input (the stick) then it would be much harder to manage to press an analog button AND move an analogue stick just the right amount to play a shot. Knowing my skills with a controller I know i will never get it right.

Hopefully, if the controls are not insane, which supposedly are not, the difficulty would add to the gameplay and experience part.
Not to forget the variable triggers as well as the bumpers to be used along. :D

Hopefully, if the controls are not insane, which supposedly are not, the difficulty would add to the gameplay and experience part.
Not to forget the variable triggers as well as the bumpers to be used along. :D

Can Someone please tell me, whether this game will run on 64 bit windows 7 and also about the keyboard controls?or else should I buy xbox?

Can Someone please tell me, whether this game will run on 64 bit windows 7 and also about the keyboard controls?or else should I buy xbox?

You will need a game controller to play the game. I imagine they will have tested on 64 bit systems but there are no specifics on specs as yet.

Ross said that the controls have been implemented in the game in such a way, that you will definitely need a Controller for it.
Don't know about 64 bit thing, I guess it shouldn't be any problem, but I am really not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread