Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

All previous cricket games have just had a set of fields and they would move through them during the game but only very roughly following what was actually happening.

In BA cricket are the AI fields just chosen from a set (but possibly a large one so it can be realistic) or does the AI move fielders individually? An example would be "he looks weak outside off but loves a hook so let's move cover to backward square leg and tempt the cover drive and also see if we can suck him into getting caught on the hook". It wouldn't necessarily have to be as intelligent as that, but it'd be nice if the fielders were moved individually and it weren't just everyone moving at once.

I shouldn't say too much on fielding, but...
ai fields are set based on batsman weakness, bowler bowls to that field, fields may then be moved individually by the ai to plug gaps if they are exploited.

All correct.

----------

We'll be there for at least one week!

Just so I'm clear, the release date won't be included in the forthcoming communication? That's the only thing I'm interested in as decision to purchase has already been made!

Ross You're Great..read all your replies to angad..caring so much about pc members..you're simply the best:yes:yes:thumbs

I wonder how long it'll take me to recreate the bodyline tour...

I can't remember and don't have CA on me, can you change the 2 men behind leg rule? :D

apologies if this has been answered, I'm catching up on all the pages today. But yep, in the match designer you can set pretty much any rules you want, 9 behind leg if you want. 8 ball overs as well, if you really want to go back to that era.

Ross can you Provide any information on the scale of the marketing campaign?

can we expect to see much advertising at cricket grounds or in cricket magazines?

I take it it there wont be any TV advertising as this would involve collossal amount of cash - although a good slot would be the adverts between the channel 5 ashes highlights here in UK/IRL....anyone for Yorkshire tea :)

I shouldn't say too much on fielding, but...
ai fields are set based on batsman weakness, bowler bowls to that field, fields may then be moved individually by the ai to plug gaps if they are exploited.

Exactly what I wanted to hear! Thanks a lot.

----------

apologies if this has been answered, I'm catching up on all the pages today. But yep, in the match designer you can set pretty much any rules you want, 9 behind leg if you want. 8 ball overs as well, if you really want to go back to that era.

That'll be mad fun! Looking forward to fending off bouncers with The Don! It'd be fun to play online against an Englishman and really assume those roles (i.e. he has to be a usual pommie ------ and I'll be Aussie)

I also have in mind to create the World Series Cricket rosters :D The open-chested shirts in CA inspired me.

Ross have you done your 'homework' regarding marketing as we all know that you aussies aren't to clever when it comes to 'homework' ;)

And to the guy who said he has a ticket for the '5th day' of the test I feel sorry for you man. :facepalm

Ross have you done your 'homework' regarding marketing as we all know that you aussies aren't to clever when it comes to 'homework' ;)

And to the guy who said he has a ticket for the '5th day' of the test I feel sorry for you man. :facepalm

The 5th day would be awesome, you could get out on the pitch a belt a few around :)

I had to get a refund for day FOUR of the Boxing Day test in 2006 and only got half of my money's worth on day THREE.

Arrogant poms ;)

Ross you say ashes 2013 could not make november but i think this is getting ahead of things. Meaning i feel this is there last chance or the producers could pull the plus and no more trickstar. PS No one wants that right, then you could have a lot of ex trickstar stuff knocking on your door ross.:D

Users who are viewing this thread