Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

If you can own a computer , you certainly can buy a 1.5 - 2K game . If all the school kids thinks like you, gaming industry wouldnt have existed .

Imagine your wallet got stolen in a bus , the theif will also have similar story to say . But he may be doing it for his food .I think the theif has a more valid reason .

1."If you can own a computer , you certainly can buy a 1.5 - 2K game ."
Really? that's what you think? I can't think of an analogy right now to make it clear what that statement means.

2.The only way I stole developer's money was if I ever was a potential customer at the first place. The developer's are going to have a same turnover regardless of me being able to play the game or not.

I really don't get the hate...People like me don't enjoy pirating, but it's the only way we can enjoy the game.
Think of a situation where you can't pirate any game now, a very small fraction of those pirating people may just start to buy original games, but most of them still can't afford to buy a game and it is a chance that some of them may actually steal original copies of the game.

I strongly believe piracy is wrong at any level, but you really can't understand me unless you knew what it was like to be me.

PS:I pay maybe two or three times less monthly for my broadband service in India than in UK or Australia but I get more than 10 times less internet speed.

If you're against piracy and can't afford the game,then you shouldn't play it.Wait till you start earning or start saving money by cutting down your expenses.Many companies go bankrupt because of piracy and it's a shame if you're contributing to it.

2.The only way I stole developer's money was if I ever was a potential customer at the first place. The developer's are going to have a same turnover regardless of me being able to play the game or not.

I really didnt understand what you said. The deal is you 'are' a potential customer if you are willing to play this game. If, say, piracy was totally eradicated and you had to play this game, what would have you done? Either not played it or saved up money to play it, right? Its about doing the right thing! And seeing you, your friends would do the same, who might have bought the original maybe by watching you, had you bought one. If buying at the full price is a problem, then you can wait for sometime and buy it when the price comes down.

Anyways, do know, you are costing Ross to lose money as you are playing the game that he developed by investing millions of dollars, for free!

Dont you get pocket money (since you just got out of school) or money to spend on clothes etc? Save up on that and show Ross your respect for this game, if you really care. Telling Ross that he is making a great game and then saying you will pirate it is like abusing him.

1."If you can own a computer , you certainly can buy a 1.5 - 2K game ."
Really? that's what you think? I can't think of an analogy right now to make it clear what that statement means.

I really don't get the hate...People like me don't enjoy pirating, but it's the only way we can enjoy the game.
Think of a situation where you can't pirate any game now, a very small fraction of those pirating people may just start to buy original games, but most of them still can't afford to buy a game and it is a chance that some of them may actually steal original copies of the game.

I strongly believe piracy is wrong at any level, but you really can't understand me unless you knew what it was like to be me.

PS:I pay maybe two or three times less monthly for my broadband service in India than in UK or Australia but I get more than 10 times less internet speed.

One thing i can say , if you do PIRACY you cant get good games like cricket academy,gta,fifa in near future.This is fast generation every penny counts....may be EA had stoped cricket game due to piracy is one reason ...if you have any piracy EA game with you....then you are one among who made EA to stop cricket titles.Like you persons killing gaming ,consoles growth ....

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Ross.......
I can't in anyway express how thankful I am for giving us cricket lovers a hope, both for the present and the future..

But I the least I can do is be honest today, So here it goes:
I PLAY PIRATED GAMES,I don't enjoy it (pirating not gaming) and am most certainly not proud of it.:noway

What hurts more is that I most probably won't be able to support this game by my money and will end up pirating it too..:(

I thought of giving the reasons but they don't actually matter, do they? Not at least when it comes to supporting a masterpiece...

The most I can do now is work hard enough to get a good job and lead a honest gaming life in the future which is a little distant as I have just completed my school days and waiting to go to college!

My 2 pennies on piracy. I do not feel sorry for anyone who use piracy as a way out. If you have a pc that would mean you can afford the liberties. However if you choose to you can make a difference by purchasing legal copies. So much money and hard work goes into making a game and people just cannot take that for granted. Buy it the legal way. Save money save cricket games.

To the students who buy pirated games, and use being a student as a reason, use your education to earn money. Do tutoring job. Tutoring in subcontinents is a huge thing and probably the most popular job for students that pays quite well. Can not be that hard to find a job like that.

I really didnt understand what you said. The deal is you 'are' a potential customer if you are willing to play this game. If, say, piracy was totally eradicated and you had to play this game, what would have you done? Either not played it or saved up money to play it, right? Its about doing the right thing! And seeing you, your friends would do the same, who might have bought the original maybe by watching you, had you bought one. If buying at the full price is a problem, then you can wait for sometime and buy it when the price comes down.

Anyways, do know, you are costing Ross to lose money as you are playing the game that he developed by investing millions of dollars, for free!

Dont you get pocket money (since you just got out of school) or money to spend on clothes etc? Save up on that and show Ross your respect for this game, if you really care. Telling Ross that he is making a great game and then saying you will pirate it is like abusing him.

Hmm..Well at least for this game I am willing to sacrifice some of my other pleasures.
I don't see anyway being able to buy this game before next year...but since you reminded me that games do get sold cheaply over time, I hope I can pick up this game once it sells for around Rs.1500.

And I never used being a student as an excuse for pirating games!!:lol

And I have a question for you angad, Can we play multiplayer on bsnl broadband 512kbps plan?

guys lets move on, there is no way you can change a person's mind..

its ross's birthday lets not make him upset by talking about piracy, pleaseeeeeeeeee :(

considering that this game has got almost every cricket related thing right, I'll ask something which is not directly related. Ross, suppose you taunt a player in your career mode so much that it leads to sledging and resulted in a heated situation. Does that incident remains in the mind of opposition? So that next time you come out to bat against them, everyone of them or atleast the player you were involved with would try to taunt you? Would be a nice touch if game keeps such minute details in check. ;)

It doesn't remain "in mind" for that opposition but you have a "reputation" (possibly a bit like my own on here? Not sure :lol) and the AI will react to it. You also have the issue though that if you taunt and are not very good then the AI will think you are a "joke" and act accordingly!

In future I would like it to be player vs player based, ie that a particular bowler might not like a particular batsman etc..

Last edited:
If you're against piracy and can't afford the game,then you shouldn't play it.Wait till you start earning or start saving money by cutting down your expenses.Many companies go bankrupt because of piracy and it's a shame if you're contributing to it.

Absolutely right.

@Saurabh17 - There's no humility in admitting you pirate games then state that the likelihood is that you will pirate this game.
By doing so, your standing here is almost nill. If you're denying you're a potential customer, then you should be ignored. You're too lazy to earn the money yourself to support a game developer which has been so good to you, you're not worth the time of day.

Piracy is a far more complex issue than can be solved on here, people will pirate 0.99 cent games so price will not change it, IMO people do it because they can :)

I am neither happy or sad about it, I try to ignore that which I cannot control or change.

It has more effect on legitimate purchasers of games than I would like but that is all I would say on it - and it's way off topic for our threads anyway :yes

One thing i can say , if you do PIRACY you cant get good games like cricket academy,gta,fifa in near future.This is fast generation every penny counts....may be EA had stoped cricket game due to piracy is one reason ...if you have any piracy EA game with you....then you are one among who made EA to stop cricket titles.Like you persons killing gaming ,consoles growth ....

I don't own a console, so don't blame me for any of the problems regarding console growth..
And I am not stupid to buy a console when I can't afford original copies of games....

If I didn't have to update my PC every other year to play games smoothly on my PC, I'd probably own games twice as much as some of here console owners.:p

Console would be a better investment than upgrading ur pc yearly because you can spend that money to buy legitimate games.

It doesn't remain "in mind" for that opposition but you have a "reputation" (possibly a bit like my own on here? No sure :lol) and the AI will react to it. You also have the issue though that if you taunt and are not very good then the AI will think you are a "joke" and act accordingly!

In future I would like it to be player vs player based, ie that a particular bowler might not like a particular batsman etc..

God that sounds amazing ross but no questions today as it's your birthday, I will post a question about this tomorrow if you want to talk about this subject, being the AI. PS What are you going to do for your birthday, not going into the office right.;)

Users who are viewing this thread