Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Admins can we get a new thread dedicated to piracy :rolleyes

i mean really BigAnt thead is turning into a thread for piracy :lol

Absolutely right.

@Saurabh17 - There's no humility in admitting you pirate games then state that the likelihood is that you will pirate this game.
By doing so, your standing here is almost nill. If you're denying you're a potential customer, then you should be ignored. You're too lazy to earn the money yourself to support a game developer which has been so good to you, you're not worth the time of day.

I am not proud of doing it OK, that was the whole point of confession....
It's easy to give someone advice when you don't have to do the hard work...

At least I'm not hiding behind the corner like the other pirates here who think
they are clever to do what they are doing and let me take all the heat..

Nevertheless, I am gonna do what I have to do to make sure this doesn't continue longer.....

I don't play games on pc or buy them anyway. Always been a console gamer and will buying BA cricket on first day for ps3.
Pirate games are mostly on pc.

I'm going to direct people towards this thread if you want to keep discussing the piracy issue.
It's an AC13 one but the principles are the same.

I'm not even sure if Ashes would be worth pirating. Hard-drives and data downloads aren't unlimited.

That's one way of protecting against piracy for sure!! :p

On your other posts, I should point out that while we use our own, targeted, sports engine, one really built from scratch (:p) for our sports titles, we do use Unity for other products in our simulation division (firearms, law enforcement, military stuff, etc..).

As I have a technical background I was able to personally evaluate Unity for Playstation3 and decide that it was not ready, we objectively decide what is the best engine for any given project, which is why we do have Unity in-house. In any case, one should not blame one's "tools" for an outcome, a good craftsman will always prevail.

Ross is unity3D a good engine overall. PS not a question about cricket 14.;)

That's one way of protecting against piracy for sure!! :p

On your other posts, I should point out that while we use our own, targeted, sports engine, one really built from scratch (:p) for our sports titles, we do use Unity for other products in our simulation division (firearms, law enforcement, military stuff, etc..).

As I have a technical background I was able to personally evaluate Unity for Playstation3 and decide that it was not ready, we objectively decide what is the best engine for any given project, which is why we do have Unity in-house. In any case, one should not blame one's "tools" for an outcome, a good craftsman will always prevail.

The best anti-piracy measure was for a small game called GameDev Inc where you run a game dev company. If the program detects it has been pirated, then all of the games your fictional company makes gets pirated too.

Yeah I don't want to be too critical of Unity3d as I think is a wonderful program if used well. and I use it a bit. One does not want to reinvent the wheel every time so engines like this with stuff already built-in or community-made are fantastic. There are all the tools there for FPS games in particular (check it out anyone here if you are interested in learning programming through something more fun than business database tutorials).

It's always nicer using one's own code though and no black box solutions.

Was your sports engine used before Rugby League Live 1?

Always used our own engine on our sports and racing games... that way we have been able to develop it over more than a decade and know it intimately.

If the program detects it has been pirated, then all of the games your fictional company makes gets pirated too.
Cricket equivalent of that - certain items of protective clothing you wear are cheap copies made of paper mache. The AI then proceeds to bowl there every ball.

Cricket equivalent of that - certain items of protective clothing you wear are cheap copies made of paper mache. The AI then proceeds to bowl there every ball.

You're forced to open the bowling in test matches with Glenn Maxwell.

I have seen racing games where it is impossible to win the later levels if the game you have is a pirate version and you would almost lose online all the time too ;)

Users who are viewing this thread