Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Early September would make more sense I guess. You own the cricket market even before AC13 shows of some screens (that is if it shows us anything by then), while you won't be competing with major titles like GTAV at that time. Could be the first week of September, somewhere around Sept 2-8. That way the marketing starting this coming week would still give them a month's time, just as Ross had once said.

I think your spot on there

All will be revealed soon. :yes

Always used our own engine on our sports and racing games... that way we have been able to develop it over more than a decade and know it intimately.

Your Own Game engine , i guess it is 10,000 times better thn our typical 'UNITY' . :facepalm

Console would be a better investment than upgrading ur pc yearly because you can spend that money to buy legitimate games.

This is the myth most console gamers have regarding PC. If you build a solid gaming PC, it will easily last atleast 4 to 5 years. You may have to start keeping the settings to high or medium level in the last years but still it would look better than the console version. Only reason i bought a PS3 is the exclusives.

I am happy for the change in your plans and I sincerely hope you do buy a legal copy.

As for your qs on online multiplayer....the minimum speed required is 256kbps. I had that connection (256kbps) when I started gaming on ps3, and I never faced any lag. You would be more than 'fine' on 512kbps, provided you get a good ping. The key in online gaming is the Ping that you get with your opponent....that's the reason why playing with your own country mates would result in almost zero lag while playing with foreigners would result in a bit of lag. BSNL has good ping rates I believe....as compared to Airtel.

But whatever the connection is, one thing is for sure...you won't be able to play online without a legal copy.

That's a big news for me...I always doubted being able to play online with a 512 kbps connection.
Now I just wait for reveal of release date and price of game on pc!

Well thanks to the Showdown I have now well and truly had enough of footy season. Bring on the info and the game Big Ant. :cheers

Your Own Game engine , i guess it is 10,000 times better thn our typical 'UNITY' . :facepalm

Unity is a very good engine but it's hard to compare between an engine developed over a decade which you know intimately and one that you are buying off the shelf.

Make no mistake though, you can do very good things with Unity and, as Ross said, in many contexts it's a wise choice. Trying to make a cricket game in it in two years though? Not a good decision.

Console would be a better investment than upgrading ur pc yearly because you can spend that money to buy legitimate games.

This is the myth most console gamers have regarding PC. If you build a solid gaming PC, it will easily last atleast 4 to 5 years. You may have to start keeping the settings to high or medium level in the last years but still it would look better than the console version. Only reason i bought a PS3 is the exclusives.

Precisely. It's a myth and that's all there is to it; I haven't touched my PC for many years other than to replace the odd component that went wrong, and to buy a new HDD. Also, what the hell do you mean by 'legitimate' games??

One other thing, sure you spend some money over a period of time on a PC, but you don't often have to drop ?400 on it in one go, which is exactly what you have to do when you want to 'upgrade' your console. ;) Then of course there are the mods, cheaper games; we all know the list by now. ;)

Finally if something goes wrong in your PC, you simply replace the offending component. What happens if something goes wrong in your PS3? ?130 to Sony, thanks very much.

For once and for all, get it through your thick heads: you do NOT have to upgrade your PC every six months, or even every year.

To drag it back somewhat on topic, what are all you console gamers going to do with the game's probable lack of licensed kits etc, etc? Not a problem on PC...

What is Ross waiting for? a CA license i guess.And everything seems to be done and the game is just left for release.Dear big ant, early September would be ideal,plus we cant even afford to wait anymore. So i hope this Friday you give us the release date which now matters a lot!We all are waiting anxiously now!

----------

And how many of you are gonna start playing game with the hard mode itself?

Last edited:
Precisely. It's a myth and that's all there is to it; I haven't touched my PC for many years other than to replace the odd component that went wrong, and to buy a new HDD. Also, what the hell do you mean by 'legitimate' games??

One other thing, sure you spend some money over a period of time on a PC, but you don't often have to drop ?400 on it in one go, which is exactly what you have to do when you want to 'upgrade' your console. ;) Then of course there are the mods, cheaper games; we all know the list by now. ;)

Finally if something goes wrong in your PC, you simply replace the offending component. What happens if something goes wrong in your PS3? ?130 to Sony, thanks very much.

For once and for all, get it through your thick heads: you do NOT have to upgrade your PC every six months, or even every year.

To drag it back somewhat on topic, what are all you console gamers going to do with the game's probable lack of licensed kits etc, etc? Not a problem on PC...

Spot on, mate. Got my PC in 2003, upgraded in 2008 & 2013. I still have that same old cabinet with everything in it changed over the years. Never had problems running any game on my PC, nor did I have to spend loads of bucks at a time. Updating PC is cheaper than many ppl think. Was never a fan of the consoles (sad GTAV isn't coming to PC though, bloody Rockstar!:p ) And with the Xbox controller for PC now, I won't be after a console in the foreseeable future for sure.

----------

And how many of you are gonna start playing game with the hard mode itself?

It all previous cricket games, always started on hardest mode

However as this game introduces new batting and bowling controls, will probably start on normal level and work way up

Seems like the end of EA sports cricket 07 after the release of this game and would probably move to the old cricket games :D within a month hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread