Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

.Seen as in what sense ? more text&stills ? yes ? actual gameplay ? no.

Sooo... just wondering. Is this Mike Fegan? Because he's probably the only person in the world that has seen more AC13 than DB14.

Actually, that would make sense...

pretty much sums up the whole bubble of BA14 fanboy cult&the inflated ego of the PR team.How different can it be from AC09 ? i'm betting on it.Seen as in what sense ? more text&stills ? yes ? actual gameplay ? no.

I'm trying to have a sensible conversation here. How is being like Ashes 09 a good thing?

Ashes 09 was an average game at best that we viewed more positively because there wasn't much else available and it was ultimately moddable.

But, take good games for example. Everyone loves using FIFA so I will do. FIFA 09 was the best soccer game around at the time, yet would people be happy if FIFA 14 were very similar? Of course not.

People expect evolution. Trickstar have taken the one step back, two steps forward approach, but I'm honestly doubting that it's not one step back, half a step forward.

So that's why you don't answer any of my questions. I'm on that privileged list of blocked people! Or is it cos my questions are all s**t? You can tell me, I can handle it.

It's a short list... two members (or perhaps one... not sure)

Seriously, I've never answered one of your questions?

pretty much sums up the whole bubble of BA14 fanboy cult&the inflated ego of the PR team.How different can it be from AC09 ? i'm betting on it.Seen as in what sense ? more text&stills ? yes ? actual gameplay ? no.

You are great at office parties I am sure. Look mate what is up with you....go back to playing cricket 07 or whatever if that gives you more enjoyment. It such a lame and cheap shot to just brandish everyone fanboys. We have been following this whole process for a year now and have been following cricket games for hundreds of years if you put it all together, so dont just think we are slimey little creepos cuddling up to Ross. You just dont get it. No problem, but dont blame others for you not getting it.

I'm trying to have a sensible conversation here. How is being like Ashes 09 a good thing?

Ashes 09 was an average game at best that we viewed more positively because there wasn't much else available and it was ultimately moddable.

But, take good games for example. Everyone loves using FIFA so I will do. FIFA 09 was the best soccer game around at the time, yet would people be happy if FIFA 14 were very similar? Of course not.

People expect evolution. Trickstar have taken the one step back, two steps forward approach, but I'm honestly doubting that it's not one step back, half a step forward.

Ashes 2009 > Ashes 2013 (It's not even close)

How different can it be from AC09 ? i'm betting on it.
If they wanted to make AC09 they would have bought the codebase for it and built off it - they started again because they weren't happy.

They've discussed it at length - they are altering the basic gameplay structures (different batting/bowling controls, no fielding), they have a totally new implementation of AI, a new graphical engine, new animations, new textures, new models - it's going to be a very different game, and have said as much.

Seen as in what sense ? more text&stills ? yes ? actual gameplay ? no.
30 seconds vs 6 seconds of gameplay footage. It's low for both - both games should show more - but it's factually wrong to say AC13 have shown more.

They both however have detailed discussions of their decisions on features - that talk about just how different AC13 will be from AC09.

If you're betting on AC13 being similar to AC09 as the reason for dismissing DB14, you're going to be disappointed.

You are great at office parties I am sure. Look mate what is up with you....go back to playing cricket 07 or whatever if that gives you more enjoyment. It such a lame and cheap shot to just brandish everyone fanboys. We have been following this whole process for a year now and have been following cricket games for hundreds of years if you put it all together, so dont just think we are slimey little creepos cuddling up to Ross. You just dont get it. No problem, but dont blame others for you not getting it.

Perhaps he needs to go and read some of the "welcome" posts, and Big Aint Cricket posts (I heard these referred to but didn't see them), there are no fan boys here and I know that knives once sharpened are easily turned, I know I have to deliver.

It's been a long time developing this game and we at Big Ant universally believe that I came onto this site too early in October last year, it was an error on my part as sadly most people cannot stick the journey, if I'd arrived in May I think people might have a little less "fatigue" - but anyway, it's given some an insight to the development process.

It's been a long time developing this game and we at Big Ant universally believe that I came onto this site too early in October last year, it was an error on my part as sadly most people cannot stick the journey, if I'd arrived in May I think people might have a little less "fatigue" - but anyway, it's given some an insight to the development process.

Since mistakes in cricket often do not go unpunished....give us two gameplay videos instead of one now this friday!!!! :spy

Perhaps he needs to go and read some of the "welcome" posts, and Big Aint Cricket posts (I heard these referred to but didn't see them), there are no fan boys here and I know that knives once sharpened are easily turned, I know I have to deliver.

For some people it will never be enough Ross. Even if you came round to their house, cooked dinner, showed them the game, let them play it for an hour or two, did the washing up someone will complain that you didnt rinse the dishes properly. Sod em. You have been brilliant here and the journey has been long but rewarding and it has been a real load of fun bantering away and all the twists and turns that have taken place and crazy Biggs and Chief and a million other things. If that makes me a fanboy so be it, bring on the vaseline..........

I am just wondering Ross was one of the things you told Cricket Australia that you got the Don Bradman license?

Some people will never be satisfied with whatever you do ROSS. Thanks a ton for all you have done here. The day you release something people ask for more. Just enjoy ur time and dont care about all those people. We have already got so much from ur side.

Users who are viewing this thread