Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

when it was displayed at PAX to international guests it was embarrassing for Trickstar and for all of us in the broader industry too. They left the event early, as soon as possible.

Morning Ross. Is there any chance you can elaborate on why the game was such an embarrassment?

Morning Ross. Is there any chance you can elaborate on why the game was such an embarrassment?

Morning indeed :D

It was like watching the Vine clip but longer.... painful to see.

We were surrounded by notable people from Government and a room full of the best professional game developers we have in Australia... plus international guests.

It's funny. Everyone's fear with the development seemed to be that it would just be an AC09/IC10 update with current rosters yet from what we know they can only dream of producing something as good as either of those.
All rather sad to be honest.

It's funny. Everyone's fear with the development seemed to be that it would just be an AC09/IC10 update with current rosters yet from what we know they can only dream of producing something as good as either of those.

If they are able to come anywhere closer to IC10 i would be surprised. Which is very sad indeed :(

Yeah I thought that might be optimistic.
Thinking about it due to the match editor you can not only have timeless tests but also 8 ball overs, limitless bouncers, as many behind square leg as you like. Just needs old school commentators to round it off.

Could Ross have signed up some old school commentators like maybe Richie Benaud, Jim Maxwell, Bill Lawry or Geoff Boycott?

Oh my, add Tubby, Nicholas, Simon Davies & *if only Grieg was alive*..You'd have something I'd be in complete awe at. Even one of those would be ideal
Yeah mate I liked Greig's commentary. Mark Nicholas definitely won't be in the game as he is on the rivals game!
Another commentator I like is Ian Smith.

DBC14 is out of their reach. Ashes13 should try to compete with Table Top Cricket now.

----------

Could Ross have signed up some old school commentators like maybe Richie Benaud, Jim Maxwell, Bill Lawry or Geoff Boycott?

This friday he will reveal the commentators may be. :yes

DBC14 is out of their reach. Ashes13 should try to compete with Table Top Cricket now.

----------

This friday he will reveal the commentators may be. :yes

Shhh! Don't let the TTC guys hear that sort of talk-they think they've got more features, Move controller, 3D TV support, actual fielding, and TEAM MODE!

Shhh! Don't let the TTC guys hear that sort of talk-they think they've got more features, Move controller, 3D TV support, actual fielding, and TEAM MODE!

And their best feature is after getting the Ashes13 game you can successfully install it. :eek:

I think we are at the same fork in the road that occurred when we had the dog & pony show at Lords and there were continuous claims that the Ashes game would be on time for 21 June.... now known to be lies and misrepresentation.

Now obviously Mike is in the same situation again having made grossly misleading comment. Lets see which road is taken and if he retracts or not as I say bluntly and categorically that Ashes 2013 does not have the features that he has claimed.

We will be revealing all aspects of the game in early September as soon as we resolve an number of technical issues that have been holding us back on the production side. As soon as we are confident that these are indeed resolved we can move forward and reveal all. As I have stated before I'm afraid you are going to have to be patient with us throughout the month of August to we get to where we want to be with the AC2013 game.

Well... I guess we got our answer :rolleyes

Same old same old.....

Last edited:
So you are saying that there is no way (Time wise) that Ashes 13 could attempt to 'add' some new features in between now and then...

So you are saying that there is no way (Time wise) that Ashes 13 could attempt to 'add' some new features in between now and then...

The statement was that he had ALL of our features and more.

If you make public statements you have to back them, you at the end of the day only as good as your word.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread