Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I report Matt all the time. Report him for being so damn handsome.

Biggs no comment about cake.:p

----------

The commentary team will be very interesting when the information is released, when I watched the BARS video help you can here one. I thought it sounded like Richie Benaud, would love to see his likeness in the game.:spy

Well its good to see its all about cricket once again.ross this friday can u add commentry to the BARS video it would be awesome.

I thought it sounded like Richie Benaud, would love to see his likeness in the game.
Considering Ross supposedly has a bunch of other big name cricketers he's not using to focus on The Don, I wonder if that's actually Richie just for doing some background chatter for the ambient noise?

Sorry if this has been asked previously
has the lag issue been addressed for online play
coz in a AC09 etc it was most irritating thing online taking all the fun out

although i guess lag will depend upon internet speed of both parties
still if u guys have done something to reduce it to as low as possible

We are not responsible for Ashes 2009 (or any other Ashes).

Unless you are EA with your own servers then all Xbox/PS3 systems use a peer to peer network that has a "handshake" with PSN/XBLA - there is no server.

----------

Richie Benaud is not in our game as a commentator, I truly wish he was.

My thought on commentary in cricket games has always been:

Less is more

Having commentators talk less than in real life has benefits for me in a cricket game

:Commentary will stay fresher longer
:So obviously takes longer to get stale and the usual issue of hearing repeated phrases will be less likely to occur

Prefer to keep commentary more active for
: BARS and replays of wickets
: final few overs of T20/ODI and end of 4th innings in first class cricket

but for general play keep commentary to a minimum

Just my thoughts

Unless you are EA with your own servers then all Xbox/PS3 systems use a peer to peer network that has a "handshake" with PSN/XBLA - there is no server.

----------

Would have been great if he was but none the less looking forward to the commentetors in the game.

I don't want to hear Richy's voice commenting again, maybe because I played c07 for so long. BTW Ross, is it some fictional commentator, or a known person? ;)

----------

What about Danny or Ramiz?

I hope it's not someone from the sub-continent.Would love to hear the voice of Michael Holding.

I'm not sure if this question has previously been raised and answered, so excuse my ignorance if so....

How will AI opponents select their team for any given match or test in a series, like most recent cricket games is there one set of first 11 that doesn't change or you can select the opponents team for them?, or will, like Shane Warne/Brian Lara Cricket 99 they have preset say 3 different first 11s?....it seemed a bit random at times but the concept was right and seemed to work well as they didn't have a pre determined or default first 11 and was a nice touch as there team changed from match to match.

Id like to know how form and stats for a series might affect how the AI 11 is chosen....

Last edited:
Hello Everyone! I am new to this page! I wouldn't mind having made up commentators but it would be cool for test matches, having 5 so they switch between them like the ashes! e.g Shane Warne and Nassar, then Michael Holding and Sir Ian Botham! would be cool!:p

Ross, probably next time you could invest in low profile voice actors to provide commentary for low level matches. So that the big names are only found in international or starry league matches.

Users who are viewing this thread