Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

The release date dilemma is totally understandable to me. Take your time Ross; I just wish that you maximize your profits in the best possible manner.

P.S: You mentioned that nothing is going to be released on this Tuesday. If you don't want to give any screenshot/video/feature to us, then it is totally fine; let it be. But as a sincere suggestion, do not let go such a huge marketing opportunity. As recently revealed, you might not be able to announce the release date on 27th. So at least consider getting an interview out, by which you can let other people know (outside of PC) that there is such a game coming on Don Bradman's name. Consult with your marketing team and think about it.

Best wishes!

Last edited:
The BBL was pretty massive though...
Was. They've already passed their popularity peak. Any league built around star players is going to struggle when they finally get too old to keep waddling out there for cash.

Warnies always got another season in him...

I thought the second edition was even more successful? But I will agree that this IPL-style 'guns for hire' stuff is on deaths door. Just needs to be turned into a franchise based 'Super Rugby' style set-up between South Africa, Australia and NZ to really maximize interest in it.

Just needs to be turned into a franchise based 'Super Rugby' style set-up between South Africa, Australia and NZ to really maximize interest in it.
^ This guy gets it.

Seriously hope something like that is a mode during the career mode - before you go 'international' it would be great to get to bring your team up to an inter-country domestic tournament.

By being a game and not having the IPL bias that the Champions League T20 currently has that ruins it as a tournament, it would be a perfect way of getting you prepared for international level competition before you make it all the way.

Warnies always got another season in him...
Perhaps if they get the AC13 version of cricket where you don't need to field.

Seriously hope something like that is a mode during the career mode

I plan on setting up something like that in a tournament creator... making a few "franchises" out of created players in the Academy, then making my own tri-country tournament. But yeah, the career option to play for a county side (or similar) would be quite cool.

Perhaps if they get the AC13 version of cricket where you don't need to field.

Zing!

It was taken waaaaaaay out of context. That's what happened.

Not really!! Ross actually meant 'before october' with that XX/0X/13 date that he gave. He has posted time and again after that as well that the game will release before October. So people took it in the right context. Its only that the release plans have changed since then with the game getting more interest and AC13 screwing up.

Back to some other games then till December. I do not feel we have enough power to convince Ross to release the game in September or before December. Good things always make you wait a lot. Am writing my letter to Santa aldready to include it in my Xmas gift list. :)

I would love to know the release date, ofcourse I do, and so does everyone else but theres no use getting your knickers in a twist over it...just be patient.....which cant be to hard with gta5 on the way. So buckle up and enjoy the ride instead of asking "are we there yet?"

Not really!! Ross actually meant 'before october' with that XX/0X/13 date that he gave.

Nah man, he was just messin' with you*. The AC13 delay was expected by him for a looong time, well before we knew about it from him... the November release date they're [Ashes13] trying to hit has most likely been known for a long long time. That "xx" stuff was just him playing around... it's pretty obvious to everyone he's not going to release a Cricket game without having the actual sport being played at the same time in Australia!

October is a maybe now with the AC13 delay, I would've said if AC13 had gone to market back in July, we'd have the game definitely in October. Now it's changed with their release being pushed to November... so he's playing the long game, waiting until he knows whether they're going to make that date or not. If they get it done, and they're all go for November, I'd guess we'll see DBC14 about December in stores for Xmas well after AC13 has either been a stink or success.

If it looks like AC13 will miss the Nov date, he'll go late October early November DB14 and own the market as I don't think Ashes will see the light of day at that point, certainly not until the New Year.

A lot of it revolves around the Australian cricket season and when/if Ashes 13 actually hits shelves.

* and prolly Chief/Mike at the time.

I would love to know the release date, ofcourse I do, and so does everyone else but theres no use getting your knickers in a twist over it...just be patient.....which cant be to hard with gta5 on the way. So buckle up and enjoy the ride instead of asking "are we there yet?"

Its hard for me to be patient because i am only buying one game and it will be whichever cricket game looks best. currently DBC of course

GTA 4 was one of the worst games i have ever played. Will be very unlikely to buy 5. I didn't play the last fifa enough to warrant buying the next.

I dont play enough to make having more than one newish game, and i want cricket. Waiting is tough!

All their material says releasing 2013. I think it would be suicide to release too close to christmas, or during the Ashes itself if AC their November date. Which points to October some time, unless if as I said earlier they don't expect AC to hit Nov.

I don't know enough about the Aus market and other sports, but i do know if they had released in the UK during the Ashes, after AC had delayed, they could not have had picked a better time.

So what happened to xx/0x/xx....?

This intrigues me. The fact Ross hasn't commented on it suggests that this was the initial plan but with the AC13 delay we may be seeing a release after that point.
Personally I can't get my head round the reason for being worried about AC13. From what we know they are still struggling to get a playable simulation so the idea that they are going to copy and add all of DB14's features if they are revealed is laughable.
From what Ross said in another thread about the Australian market being more profitable than the UK one that starts to imply to me that we're looking at late November.
It's crap for all the fans. We should have had AC13 already and now it looks like we're going to have to wait longer for DB14 because of that delay. Would love to be wrong on this but that's the sense I'm getting.
I can see the arguments for not releasing it now as the Ashes window has been missed and if you are looking at maximising revenue it doesn't make sense to consider a release until the Ashes down under start.

I think releasing in the Ashes window is not sensible without the license, unless AC doesn't make it.

Like barmy, i don't get why they are concerned about AC when they give the impression of being so far ahead. The McDonalds analogy Ross mentioned is only valid if they release close together, DBC had a chance to blow AC out the water this summer, during the Ashes when surely cricket must have been pretty high profile in aus, or does that only count when they're winning?

Please don't delay the release... It will be painful to cancel my pre-order for DB14... :noway

Users who are viewing this thread