Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

So within three posts you say that "there is nothing said here that will change the release date. At all" and "I don't know the release date"....?

So which one is it....you do or you don't....? People just want the truth....not ongoing diversions from the truth. :facepalm

You really dont get it do you?

Biggest card surely was when AC13 delayed to Nov was to release ASAP at that time. Dev window still too short for AC to successfully copy, he has said that console versions have locked. To me a no-brainer, would have given him exactly what he mentioned - people wondering about pre-ordering AC13 find another awesome cricket game already out. HUGE opportunity missed there, I feel.

That being said, as it's called 14 it'll be late Oct/early Nov.

Hardcore will probably buy both, so BA need to maximise the rest. If I were BA I would want DBC14 out and established as THE cricket title well before christmas, because otherwise Mums who know nothing will see Ashes and buy that for their kids. But if DBC has set the bar already, the guy in the store does exactly what Ross wanted, and says "there's this other game..."

Possibility is BA don't think AC will make it at all, even in Nov and want to drop the bomb then.

Very well said Blockerdave and great name there, I was thinking of something like that as I bat the same as you and are names are the same.

PS When the game does release let's have a online test match were we just block like the English team of late ok.:D

Sorry Matt, I was behaving in an uncouth fashion again. We'll take it there...

These release date questions have become the "come to Brazil!1!!!1!1!!" posts (that you see everywhere on the internet) of this forum.

As Biggs (I think) has pointed out. Releasing a cricket game now wouldn't be the greatest move. Footy finals are about to start in a couple of weeks, so for the average person, a cricket game isn't at the forefront of their minds. Our domestic season starts in October I think so at least then all the footy will be over and attention will shift to domestic cricket and who will lineup against England in Brisbane.

Give it time. I don't think Big Ant would have put in all this time if they weren't going to release the game.

Sh%t... needed to switch to my "Dutch" account...

so for the average person, a cricket game isn't at the forefront of their minds. Our domestic season starts in October I think so at least then all the footy will be over and attention will shift to domestic cricket and who will lineup against England in Brisbane...

^Another guy of the 'getting it' variety...

Who are you and what have you done with Biggs?

I was referring to that wonderful post further up from Varunsmoochy...

Uncouthinating up in this thread.

ROSS how many copies do u hope to sell or think will sell.HOW MANY COPIES DO CRICKET GAMES GENERALLY SELL WORLDWIDE.so that we know how big the market is compared to other games.

These release date questions have become the "come to Brazil!1!!!1!1!!" posts (that you see everywhere on the internet) of this forum.

As Biggs (I think) has pointed out. Releasing a cricket game now wouldn't be the greatest move. Footy finals are about to start in a couple of weeks, so for the average person, a cricket game isn't at the forefront of their minds. Our domestic season starts in October I think so at least then all the footy will be over and attention will shift to domestic cricket and who will lineup against England in Brisbane.

Give it time. I don't think Big Ant would have put in all this time if they weren't going to release the game.

I think you overestimate the interest in domestic cricket. Sure, cricket nuts love it but outside of that most people have no idea what goes on. The height of domestic cricket interest will come a week before the first test and if any young guns do well and might get picked.

I think just after footy finals will be best though, a nice video game to cover the sporting lull and 2 weeks after GTA V, and for English customers, FIFA.

Users who are viewing this thread