Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

If Your a cricket fan yes you would take it over any of those games you mentioned. After all how many cricket games come along these days.

You've missed my point entirely. Of course cricket lovers will buy it, but surely just cricket lovers arnt enough to make a profitable game. There has to be a plan to target casual cricket fans too. Those gamers who think "ah ok then since there's nothing else out" need to be attracted too. With all that is on offer between now and the end of the year, that's going to be one hell of a job.

Ross's answer on that was interesting. He said that the supermarkets in the UK sell the games for lower prices reducing the margins. Sounds like the Australian market is more "profitable" but it might not be bigger.
Either way Australian consumers appear to lose.

I'd say it's more that the UK consumers are getting a good deal, although with the supermarkets sometimes selling below cost you've got to be paying for it elsewhere, doubtful they're just giving gamers a break :)

It's not the number of units, UK is 3x bigger, it's the profitability per unit.

It's much different from claiming India as the largest market based on pop.

Anyway one day this game will be out I'm not waiting no more I get something else plus ps4 coming on October 7

As much as I'm interested in finding out when the game's coming out this constant badgering of Ross to reveal the exact date is getting boring.

I'd like to ask him about the Bradman element of the game. Presumably because of this exclusive license there is no conflict of interest with AC13 and more can be disclosed?
Will there be scenarios to complete maybe unlocking little video clips of the Don's career once they've been achieved? I've always found it borderline criminal that cricket fans don't know all about his career. Surely the Bradman Foundation want greater exposure as a result of this project.
I couldn't care less whether AC13 has the word "Ashes" in the title a Don Bradman based cricket game is the only thing I've ever wanted sports-sim wise.
I was going to sign off with "I can't wait" but I've waited so many years hoping for a game like this that I'll sit tight for as long as it takes. Really excited!

As much as I'm interested in finding out when the game's coming out this constant badgering of Ross to reveal the exact date is getting boring.

I'd like to ask him about the Bradman element of the game. Presumably because of this exclusive license there is no conflict of interest with AC13 and more can be disclosed?
Will there be scenarios to complete maybe unlocking little video clips of the Don's career once they've been achieved? I've always found it borderline criminal that cricket fans don't know all about his career. Surely the Bradman Foundation want greater exposure as a result of this project.
I couldn't care less whether AC13 has the word "Ashes" in the title a Don Bradman based cricket game is the only thing I've ever wanted sports-sim wise.
I was going to sign off with "I can't wait" but I've waited so many years hoping for a game like this that I'll sit tight for as long as it takes. Really excited!

Come on, you can't really call the posts in this thread "badgering". You only have to look at youtube or facebook comments to see what badgering really means. Speculating about release date, which is bound to happen once the developer states the game is complete and locked down on consoles, can't be called badgering.

I can see why most of the folks are asking for a tentative release window - the video games aren't exactly cheap and you have to plan their purchase. Most people would want to know if they hold on to their money if the game will release in the near future, or go for another game if DBC14 will release say closer to Christmas or later.

ps4 and all the new games are gonna hurt it now aswel the graphics will look dated already just hope the pc version is a proper pc version with all the enhancements that pc has to offer ashes 2009 looks good at 2560x1440 just animations look like fifa 94 on mega drive

Come on, you can't really call the posts in this thread "badgering". .

I don't want to get involved in a debate good natured or otherwise about the release date for this game mate. I will ask one thing though, how many requests of exactly the same thing constitutes badgering? 10? 20? 50? We are all keen to find out the date but I'm sure there are a number of clear reasons why that info is being held back. We'll find out soon enough. Wasn't the Bradman announcement held back for a while and completely worth the wait?

its being held back until ashes 2013 sets their date for some reason been same thing for last 6 months was meant to be before end of september and i seen alot of times that the date hasn't changed so hopefully that's the case now

Embarrassed by some of the posts in the last 24 hours. Random members of a forum thinking they know better than the CEO of the company...

I've followed Ross since the early days of AFL Live over on BigFooty and not once did he lead us on in regards to that game, and I would safely bet he isn't leading us on about this game either.

The game will come out when it is damn ready to come out. The level of self-entitlement and 'me me me' in this thread is incredible. Grow up children.

Sorry master shout louder ross might give you a gold star people are entitled to their opinion and you just talking ---- doesnt help anyone we are just saying looks like wrong thing to wait for release when we got alot of aaa games ps4 and xbox one all coming in the next months if this game fails massively where will be then and we are all excited to play the game and arent all rich to buy every game going so would be good to have a idea when it will come

Yes it would be good to get an idea of when the game is coming out - you'll have an idea when they are ready to announce the date.

Simple.

I'm sorry Snowy, but you are also a random forum member and the great thing about forums is everyone can have their say...also I guess that can be the bad thing!

My humble opinion is that speaking about the release date won't move Ross to release it, but I understand peoples frustrations, after all, the whole reason we are here is because we want to play the flipping game!

I am very disappointed with the lack of gameplay videos we have seen (DB and AC) but at least Ross is giving us lots of info. This is made even harder given that we have no idea when we will be playing either game!

In terms of the AAA games (I don't really know what that means), I guess we will have to jut enjoy them until DBC14 and Ashes are released.

what i ment by aaa games is like the big budget triple a games that sale millions like call of duty and that and i too wish we could see more seems like along way from release still with so little in way of videos all sounds good on paper still tho

I'm sorry Snowy, but you are also a random forum member and the great thing about forums is everyone can have their say...also I guess that can be the bad thing!

Totally 100% agree. Bit of a difference though compared to someone purely speculating on a release date, when we have 100% confirmation that there isn't one

Users who are viewing this thread