Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Edit: PS: Spare me Dutch, let this post stand at least till dvst8 reads it, no matter how out of context (of this thread) it is!

I am not deleting anything. I love all the discussion about release dates ecetera...

Last edited by a moderator:
The game is finished. Whatever will be added will be via a day one patch.

Is it finished though? I don't think it is, If it was finished why would they be just sitting around with the game, waiting for AC13? Sounds a bit odd. I know all of us fans will buy the game no matter what but Ross's aim is casual fans as well as us. So people saying it's footy season...yeah only in Australia it's cricket season pretty much everywhere else unless they just want to attract the casual fans of Australia?

Is it finished though? I don't think it is, If it was finished why would they be just sitting around with the game, waiting for AC13? Sounds a bit odd. I know all of us fans will buy the game no matter what but Ross's aim is casual fans as well as us. So people saying it's footy season...yeah only in Australia it's cricket season pretty much everywhere else unless they just want to attract the casual fans of Australia?

According to Ross, the console version is locked down. Which means that the game is finished and there will be no more things added into it. So, apparently, yes!

Well ross, rhis is what happens when you dont release anything on fridays ;)...people start speculating about release dates....

To counter this you know what to do from next friday ...

Well ross, rhis is what happens when you dont release anything on fridays ;)...people start speculating about release dates....

To counter this you know what to do from next friday ...

I don't think this discussion was as bad as blindly asking "when's the release date"

I don't think this discussion was as bad as blindly asking "when's the release date"

absolutely, I think the focus is more bafflement at why be so coy over the release window, and why AC should have any bearing on it.

AUS may be a bigger market than UK, but 100% they have already lost their chance to maximise UK market, and if they get lost in the Christmas rush they will decimate their UK sales.

I've not been on here for several days as this whole thing is getting a touch boring now. Weeks and weeks and weeks of the same old thing. I don't claim to be a marketing genius or even close, but I can't see how anytime from now till the end of the year is going to be good for attracting "casual" cricket fans.
Gta, ghosts, battlefield 4, deadrising 3, black flag, watchdogs, forza 5, the ps4 and the xbox one all before december. Is the "casual" gamer going to take a cricket game before any of those? As I've been saying for several weeks, I think not.

If anyone can provide any numbers to support that, I'd be very interested indeed: as far as I last saw, it was no way near... About 30% of the size on the last numbers I saw.

just what ross said in a previous post - I think specifically in relation to cricket games, as opposed to games in general.

To save the speculation, why not just go here Results | Australian Classification and keep pressing F5 until an age-rating pops up?

Then you know the game is, at the earliest, about 2 or 3 months away...

Are you trying to say...:spy

Actually, would love to know on what basis you claim that the game (any game for that matter) is about 2 to 3 months away after *just* getting the classification?

Last edited:
Are you trying to say...:spy

Actually, would love to know on what basis you claim that the game (any game for that matter) is about 2 to 3 months away after *just* getting the classification?

On the basis that you can't submit a game for platform approvals until you have the age ratings secured...

now, could you claim to have certain platforms "locked down" if you didn't have the approvals?

That could be more of an internal "locked down" which means they are ready for submission.

However, I always thought DBC14 has been approved by platform holders since quite some time. Thanks Chief. Helps keeping my excitement levels in check.

Last edited:
now, could you claim to have certain platforms "locked down" if you didn't have the approvals?

Yes absolutely. Pretty standard that a game is considered "finished and locked down" before submitting for approvals.
"Locked down" is usually a point before submission: once those are granted you go to "Finished" and "Ready To Master". Pretty standard industry lingo (although not everyone uses the exact same words).

----------

However, I always thought DBC14 has been approved by platform holders since quite some time. Thanks Chief. Helped keeping my excitement levels in check.

Hey, I don't know for sure. But seems to me logical that it's locked pending approvals.

Users who are viewing this thread