Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

You will be surprised. Majority of casual gamers, who will generate most of the sales, will look at "official Ashes licenses" and buy that game. They won't care much about Cricket Academy and all the new features DBC has. It is imperative for DBC to establish themselves before Ashes series unless AC13 is canned.

absolutely, 100% right. i can understand Big Ant's temptation to wait for at least some more news on AC, but if I was them nothing would stop me getting this game out mid-October to have enough time for word of mouth etc. to pick up.

It is where marketing comes in to picture. Good effective marketing is always important to compete against competitors no matter how good we think our product is.

Ross has said that he doesn't want to go head-to-head and that DBC will release first.

That's what I expect as well with maybe a month or so to corner the cricket market before Ashes series, and release a DLC and Table Top Cricket to coincide with AC13 release.

I agree with Cricket_Online. This is exactly what I said. DBC'14 should come at least 1 month before the Ashes. Otherwise, Ashes could seriously damage the DBC'14 sales.

Moreover, of what I've judged about the marketing tactics of BA and TB. I think - and I repeat - the release date will be announced in the last 2 weeks of September (more likely in the last week) and the game will be announced 21-27 days after that announcement - which makes it the later half of October. This, I think, is the ideal time!

Just been playing some Rugby League Live 2 recently and I was thinking about Big Ants games (I also have AFL Live). Both are easy games to pick up and play on the lower difficulties and have fun with. However, when you increase the difficult and get more into the intricacies of the gameplay it becomes tougher but more rewarding.

One of the hardest things about the game (talking RLL2 here), is that I had been use to playing other rugby league games in the past (never played RLL1) and some of the changes made were frustrating at first until I adapted to them and went in with an open mind.

Relating this back to Bradman 14, I suspect it might be much to same. Easy to play, difficult to master. The hard bit also will be to not play it the same way we played other cricket games

And I for one, welcome our new insect overlords... umm.. er, I mean cricketing developer.

...don't break his heart, Matt.

LIKE YOU BROKE MINE

Last edited:
You know the one quote you pulled out is saying that they are just using the screenshots themselves as a wallpaper and not using the ones you posted?

....and there I was thinking you were one of the nice guys on here!

Users who are viewing this thread