Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

My point being you can't push changes to console without platform approvals. Any patch pushed on consoles has to certified/approved by respective platforms (Sony/PS3 and Microsoft/Xbox360). Thus it's unlikely the game would have been submitted for approvals when CA editor is getting patches do often.

I think Ross mentioned that there would be no "pushing patch on consoles" for CA. The CA is designed in such a way that console will use the same code base that PC version does at all times.

I think Ross mentioned that there would be no "pushing patch on consoles" for CA. The CA is designed in such a way that console will use the same code base that PC version does at all times.

You lost me there. How will PS3 and Xbox360 player editors share the same code base for the player editor? I think the player editor will leverage the same central database/repository where created players/teams reside but the player creator functionality/code will reside within each individual platform.

You lost me there. How will PS3 and Xbox360 player editors share the same code base for the player editor? I think the player editor will leverage the same central database/repository where created players/teams reside but the player creator functionality/code will reside within each individual platform.

Nope. If I understood correctly, Ross mentioned that "any changes" they do on CA for PC (for example: they added more hair options, changed team size from 18 to 25 etc.) will be available on consoles without any modifications.

Nope. If I understood correctly, Ross mentioned that "any changes" they do on CA for PC (for example: they added more hair options, changed team size from 18 to 25 etc.) will be available on consoles without any modifications.

I would need Ross to confirm that as my understanding is there would be one player/team repository but the player editor (code-base) would be specific to each platform. I don't see how changes made to CA after platform approvals will filter in to PS3 or Xbox 360 versions without patches or DLC.

Last edited:
The console versions use the data created by the Cricket Academy. The content for rhe consoles is "data driven" not code based.

Console versions do not get code changes via the Cricket Academy but they get content.

The console versions use the data created by the Cricket Academy. The content for rhe consoles is "data driven" not code based.

Console versions do not get code changes via the Cricket Academy but they get content.

I get the content part Ross. But what about the changes to the editor itself, i.e. the sort of changes you have made to CA over the last 3 patches? Are they changes to "data" or "code"? I guess that's where the confusion is, i.e. what part of CA is "data" and what part is "code".

But I like the data driven approach as it leads to more extensibility and flexibility.

You can update on the PS3 just the same way you update on the PC, by releasing patches. Obviously, the final retail version won't need as much patching because the one you're playing with now is a pre-release piece of software. Hence the giant "Beta" in the title. It doesn't include the full features, nor the stability of the final product.

When are we gonna get to see some in-game material? screenshots or something

PS:
Are you guys having some sort of competition with Trickstar on as to which company will unveil their game last?, gosh that's frustrating...

Last edited:
Had to warn him about what i coming his way....dont need another member leaving this forum :D

I think the percentage of people who actually leave and never come back compared to the people who say that are leaving is in the low 0.0001%s.

I think the percentage of people who actually leave and never come back compared to the people who say that are leaving is in the low 0.0001%s.

That can change very quickly though if we keep bashing someone who asks for a screenshot or a video :D. People who ask for the screens and vids are only doing so because they are excited about this game and want to know more about it! I dont think there is anything wrong with that. Infact it just shows that people are still passionate about this game!

Users who are viewing this thread