Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

When are we gonna get to see some in-game material? screenshots or something

PS:
Are you guys having some sort of competition with Trickstar on as to which company will unveil their game last?, gosh that's frustrating...

The Cricket Academy has shown you quite a bit... and will continue to do so.

We are running our own race, our release schedule is not related to theirs, we differ in our approach in that I will only announce our date only once the game is submitted and approved, that way I am never in the position of announcing a delay of game.

Well if Ross had any heart he'd stop the violence against members by posting some screenshots/videos...

:p

AMEN :D!!

How does Ross live with this :p

----------

The Cricket Academy has shown you quite a bit... and will continue to do so.

We are running our own race, our release schedule is not related to theirs, we differ in our approach in that I will only announce our date only once the game is submitted and approved, that way I am never in the position of announcing a delay of game.

Can you walk us through the approval process atleast ;)! I mean at what stage are we currently on....:p!

Come on....we are all fans here...you can tell us...we wont tell anyone :D

Well if Ross had any heart he'd stop the violence against members by posting some screenshots/videos...

:p

Now that did make me laugh :)

Edit: but now that I think of it, the violence/quit wasn't in this thread :)

----------

Can you walk us through the approval process atleast ;)! I mean at what stage are we currently on....:p!

Come on....we are all fans here...you can tell us...we wont tell anyone :D

Well... as long as you don't tell anyone... in all seriousness I need to be careful about what is confidential info. So lets pretend you are EA or a similar sized publisher (best case):

-Submit to platform holders, 10-14 days later get bug report (most likely you get a fail first time).

-Fix bugs for 7-14 days

-Second submission to platform holders, 10-14 days later hopefully a pass this time.

-Get materials, payments, production, lets say 5 days.

-Get disks to warehouse and large retail warehouses, 2 days

-Get disks to retailers, 2 days

-Most retailers want stock 7 days before they are on the shelf.

Also retailers want guarantees that stock will be on time if you are to have catalogue entries, TVC's, and other advertising. Mostly this stuff needs to be booked 2 months in advance.

Hope that is what you wanted?

Last edited:
^^^
That was quite informative Ross. Essentially the game release is approximately 2 months out from the day you submit for platform approvals.

Now that did make me laugh :)

Edit: but now that I think of it, the violence/quit wasn't in this thread :)

----------

Well... as long as you don't tell anyone... in all seriousness I need to be careful about what is confidential info. So lets pretend you are EA or a similar sized publisher (best case):

-Submit to platform holders, 10-14 days later get bug report (most likely you get a fail first time).

-Fix bugs for 7-14 days

-Second submission to platform holders, 10-14 days later hopefully a pass this time.

-Get materials, payments, production, lets say 5 days.

-Get disks to warehouse and large retail warehouses, 2 days

-Get disks to retailers, 2 days

-Most retailers want stock 7 days before they are on the shelf.

Also retailers want guarantees that stock will be on time if you are to have catalogue entries, TVC's, and other advertising. Mostly this stuff needs to be booked 2 months in advance.

Hope that is what you wanted?

Wow....Thats some info there :D!! Lot of stuff to do there....and lots of stuff that can go wrong too!

So what stage are we currently on??

The 'what stage of that list are you at' is probably the part he's driving at.

+1

That wont be much fun though :p

I guess. I only found out about the game a week or so ago and found truck loads of info on it. (very cool stuff so far - hope it plays well) Now it feels like there is no info coming because it took me a while to catch up.

Difficult to pace yourself if the release date = the length of a piece of string. :)

I guess. I only found out about the game a week or so ago and found truck loads of info on it. (very cool stuff so far - hope it plays well) Now it feels like there is no info coming because it took me a while to catch up.

Difficult to pace yourself if the release date = the length of a piece of string. :)

Yes, Ross is taking a break these days and rightly so, I am sure though he is finding it very hard to resist answering our eternal questions but I think Ross has drawn inspiration from the fact that 79cricket has stopped asking for screenshots so if he can do it anyone can.

Yes, Ross is taking a break these days and rightly so, I am sure though he is finding it very hard to resist answering our eternal questions but I think Ross has drawn inspiration from the fact that 79cricket has stopped asking for screenshots so if he can do it anyone can.

Reading my post again it, sounds like i was complaining.

Just happy someone is working on a cricket game unlike I've played before.

Users who are viewing this thread