Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

yeah correct but its just that CA is not working in my system and am still getting a black screen...:nowaySo I need something to look on and be happy regarding the game....But surely many are doing extraordinary work on creating players...

We have tried so many machines but cannot reproduce the black screen issue.

My offer still stands that if someone has a machine in Melbourne we would love to organise a fix (either them coming to the office or us going to them).

Not really, The Cricket Academy only gave us slight idea of how the game graphics will look like and how the players will look like in the game. It didn't had anything related to what actually matters...THE GAMEPLAY!.

Please dont start another we want gameplay tirade. We all do. We know that, they know that. They know that we want that. Been there, done it. It will be here when it comes. Thanks. I wil add that many here have followed over the last 9 months or so Big Ants unbelievable openness, willingness and unprecedented support. We will not allow that respect to be tarnished by members who are not able to comprehend that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please dont start another we want gameplay tirade. We all do. We know that, they know that. They know that we want that. Been there, done it. It will be here when it comes. Thanks. I wil add that many here have followed over the last 9 months or so Big Ants unbelievable openness, willingness and unprecedented support. We will not allow that respect to be tarnished by members who are not able to comprehend that.

:thumbs:thumbs

The only thing we can say to ross is thanks for the support.

I second that - thanks for the over and above the call of duty support. You and your team and the dedication you show us is greatly appreciated...:yes

Thanks for caring guys...its on about 60% now...lets hope..how long did ur guys take to fully download? Its round 2.5 hours here.

If its so slow, try converting it into a torrent and downloading it via bittorent or any other client. There are quite a lot of chances for the file to not download properly especially if your using the internet somewhere else too.

@Ross - I tried archiving the the update using Winzip and the size reduced to 75MB (roughly 30% less). Could you do that from the next update? Should be helpful for some of the users with slow/improper connections.

If its so slow, try converting it into a torrent and downloading it via bittorent or any other client. There are quite a lot of chances for the file to not download properly especially if your using the internet somewhere else too.

@Ross - I tried archiving the the update using Winzip and the size reduced to 75MB (roughly 30% less). Could you do that from the next update? Should be helpful for some of the users with slow/improper connections.

I will look into it.

I'd also drop the C++ Redistibutable out of the update package, it really makes a difference on setup time.

How are screenshots and videos will give any information on the gameplay? I am sure the only thing you will get from screens and videos is visuals. CA does that very well.

Why wouldn't it? assessment can easily be made from gameplay vidz. As for the screenshots, well it'll only show us what the game looks like. We don't know how it looks like so far, do we?.

So far we only know how the players would appear in the game but we haven't a slightest of idea about stadiums, pitches and stuff.

They maybe good at visualization but the screenshot that had surfaced a while ago looked as if it's from 2002, no offense!, it's just how I feel about it.

It might have been from early stages of the development but still, it wasn't a good move to release an awful looking screenshot. It did get a negative response from a lot of people. And I can't help but think that if they had anything better than it to show, they'd have released it shortly afterwards.

Can you upload the compressed file for the others to download. :)

Excuse me?... What are you, an admin? you will not me allow me to express my opinion?, hah, that's funny... Everyone is entitled to express their opinion and you should comprehend that. If you find any my words offensive, report it to the admins, let them decide if I violated any rules. I didn't show any disrespect, I have no reason to do so. All I did was to ask for the reason of trailer/screenshots delay. And yet you consider that as disrespectful? :facepalm lol

You've been following them for nine months? gosh, I wouldn't even go there but I'll just tell you that you've got a lot of free time my friend.

PS: It's admirable to see that they aren't ignoring any questions like Trickstar. Kudos for that @BigAntStudios.

Last edited:
All I did was to ask for the reason of trailer/screenshots delay.

It is hard you'll get any screenshot/vids before the platform approval.It is clear that the game hasn't been submitted or either it is still ongoing the approval process!!
The devs will be the firstg one to show them to you, why do you even think they'll hide!!

You've been following them for nine months? gosh, I wouldn't even go there but I'll just tell you that you've got a lot of free time my friend.

Yes, and that is the reason we are not asking the same questions again and again. Suggest you to please read the Q/A thread completely.
And none of the time is being wasted!! Thank you.

Excuse me?... What are you, an admin?

You could express your opinion in a much more decent way, the same way he does rather than question the integrity of a respected member.

Ross....you can still stop all this....just one screenshot and all this tension would go away :D

Yes, please, a screenshot of you would stop this.

Users who are viewing this thread