Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

...preferably in front of a fireplace, relaxing on a bear-skin rug drinking an expensive Merlot.

Ross....you can still stop all this....just one screenshot and all this tension would go away :D

There is an early screenshot at the top of this page.

Excuse me?... What are you, an admin? you will not me allow me to express my opinion?, hah, that's funny... Everyone is entitled to express their opinion and you should comprehend that. If you find any my words offensive, report it to the admins, let them decide if I violated any rules. I didn't show any disrespect, I have no reason to do so. All I did was to ask for the reason of trailer/screenshots delay. And yet you consider that as disrespectful? :facepalm lol

You've been following them for nine months? gosh, I wouldn't even go there but I'll just tell you that you've got a lot of free time my friend.

PS: It's admirable to see that they aren't ignoring any questions like Trickstar. Kudos for that @BigAntStudios.

The fact remains that if you take the time to go through the threads or to formulate your queries in another manner you might actually find the information you are looking for. That you wish to be abrasive and disrespectful is up to you. I certainly dont need to go running to an administrator or whatever you think the setup is here. I have stated something in a clear but friendly manner. That is my job. I stand by that, and will continue to do so. Please take the time to read through the forum rules etcetera. Thank you. I am also not planning to enter a long discussion with you about the validity of this or that.

I think if some one update the thread named 'What we know about Big Ant Studios Cricket game so far' properly, most of this questions can be avoided. Put a note on to of that thread about why there are no screenshots till now and remind them to not ask about screenshot/gameplay video. I think it'll help the new members.

...we don't need "rules" to not ask for screenshots. That should really be common sense. It's a forum, not a soviet gulag... Accept there are some things you have to wait to see, experience and accept that's part of anticipating a new product. Experiencing a beta-style product for free is an incredible opportunity and a real treat. Lets not lose sight of that... It alone is more than enough.

I think if some one update the thread named 'What we know about Big Ant Studios Cricket game so far' properly, most of this questions can be avoided. Put a note on to of that thread about why there are no screenshots till now and remind them to not ask about screenshot/gameplay video. I think it'll help the new members.

We do actually have 2 work in progress screenshots, Cricket Academy beta and Table Top Cricket trailer.

There was a time when forums where for discussion and there would be an occasional q/a session with the developer.

These two men(Chief and Ross) have changed that completely. When we have a dev or rather 'CEO' talking to us on an everyday basis, I think we are entitled to show some respect and think before we ask something.

"I want to know the reason for the delay"...Well what are you? The publisher who put in all the money? Infact there isn't a delay in the first place. Everything is planned and released. A friendly advice, if you don't follow all the posts, then alteast don't come back arguing. (The reason staffs are reacting this way is also because you are not the first new member who is doing this during the last couple of days.)

Finally, its ridiculous to say Trickstar are dodging questions. BigAnt is self publishing while Trickstar is supported by 505 Games. Obviously the freedom levels are diverse.

P.S. I don't care if you are the President of the United States but if you don't have the time and patience to follow a game, atleast don't hurt the sentiments of those who do. Also reading an average of 30-40 posts per day doesn't take you 24hrs, we have a life too.

Now Ross, maybe instead of redirecting everyone at the wip screenshot or posting a brand new one, you could render that old picture in current form of the game engine and post it? I hope that made sense?:)

There was a time when forums where for discussion and there would be an occasional q/a session with the developer.

These two men(Chief and Ross) have changed that completely. When we have a dev or rather 'CEO' talking to us on an everyday basis, I think we are entitled to show some respect and think before we ask something.

"I want to know the reason for the delay"...Well what are you? The publisher who put in all the money? Infact there isn't a delay in the first place. Everything is planned and released. A friendly advice, if you don't follow all the posts, then alteast don't come back arguing. (The reason staffs are reacting this way is also because you are not the first new member who is doing this during the last couple of days.)

Finally, its ridiculous to say Trickstar are dodging questions. BigAnt is self publishing while Trickstar is supported by 505 Games. Obviously the freedom levels are diverse.

P.S. I don't care if you are the President of the United States but if you don't have the time and patience to follow a game, atleast don't hurt the sentiments of those who do. Also reading an average of 30-40 posts per day doesn't take you 24hrs, we have a life too.

Now Ross, maybe instead of redirecting everyone at the wip screenshot or posting a brand new one, you could render that old picture in current form of the game engine and post it? I hope that made sense?:)

:lol
Such a sweet way to ask for a screenshot! I don't think Ross would post one.:p

We have released a lot, especially with CA where every update brings you more of an idea where the game is headed.

I don't think it's a secret that Chief represents 505 the publisher, not Trickstar, so some of the comments above may not be so valid.

Last edited:
You could express your opinion in a much more decent way, the same way he does rather than question the integrity of a respected member.
It was never about his integrity nor I never questioned it. He maybe a well-respected senior member of this forum but that doesn't give him any right to act as if he's some sort of judge of this forum.
Get your facts straight before you start an argument.

The fact remains that if you take the time to go through the threads or to formulate your queries in another manner you might actually find the information you are looking for. That you wish to be abrasive and disrespectful is up to you. I certainly dont need to go running to an administrator or whatever you think the setup is here. I have stated something in a clear but friendly manner. That is my job. I stand by that, and will continue to do so. Please take the time to read through the forum rules etcetera. Thank you. I am also not planning to enter a long discussion with you about the validity of this or that.

Neither have I any interest in prolonging a meaningless conversation with you.

Have a GOOD DAY.

It is hard you'll get any screenshot/vids before the platform approval.It is clear that the game hasn't been submitted or either it is still ongoing the approval process!!
The devs will be the firstg one to show them to you, why do you even think they'll hide!!

Yes, and that is the reason we are not asking the same questions again and again. Suggest you to please read the Q/A thread completely.
And none of the time is being wasted!! Thank you.

Perhaps if I were given an articulate answer at my first question, this wouldn't have had to come this far.
You see I don't visit this forum much, hence I am unaware of many things here. Reason that I asked question instead of looking around is because I hoped to get a quick response but instead I started to get negative responses for no reason. I've been registered here for 3 years, perhaps that's the reason people think that I am being a pain about asking for in-game material. Tbh this was the first time I ever requested for screenshots/trailer to be unveiled.

I hope this clear things up. I didn't mean to disrespect anyone, if I may inadvertently have hurt anyone, I am sorry!.

Last edited:
:lol
Such a sweet way to ask for a screenshot! I don't think Ross would post one.:p

SibiNayagam has helped me a lot with critiques and information via PM, so I was tempted since it was him asking... bit no it didn't work :)

Last edited:
SibiNayagam has helped me a lot with critiques and information via PM, so I was tempted since it was him asking... bit no it didn't work :)

This makes me a little worried sir. Hopefully you did not consider his early days suggestion for Table Top Cricket celebration delay :(

And now I am going to allow myself the liberty to send you PM's too when I have something important to share :yes

I hope this clear things up. I didn't mean to disrespect anyone, if I may inadvertently have hurt anyone, I am sorry!.

Relax mate! I am sure Ross does not mind us asking for screenshots, but we will have them when they are available. :cheers

Hi Admins - I will not take any names but the sort of moderating going on these days which includes moderator rank people and normal members is going scare a lot of people off Planet Cricket.
Thanks

Last edited:
This makes me a little worried sir. Hopefully you did not consider his early days suggestion for Table Top Cricket celebration delay :(

And now I am going to allow myself the liberty to send you PM's too when I have something important to share :yes

I think questions are best asked here publicly so all can benefit, however I am always happy to have information PM'd, especially where culturally I might make mistakes or need guidance. I have read every PM and believe I have responded to them all.

Relax mate! I am sure Ross does not mind us asking for screenshots, but we will have them when they are available. :cheers

I don't mind people asking for screenshots - I expect it - I think for others though it clutters up the forums a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread