Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Well it's only Summer 2013 in December for the Southern Hemisphere; and based on the other release date post being clung to - the xx/0x/2013 only rules out months that aren't Summer in either hemisphere, as well as December. So in effect he's either told us nothing, or that we shouldn't have overthought the other post...

Mind you, quick conspiracy theory time - perhaps 0x is just referring to the hexadecimal prefix. Convert 2013 to decimal and you get 8211. Because it's 2013, the 11 is obviously going to throw you off. So you could ignore it and assume a US date format meaning 2nd August 2013; or you could split the 8 from the 211, consider that as being 2+11 or 13, giving you 8/13, or August! Which is in Summer in the UK.

Done.

You either already know the date and just teasing us like you just decoded it or all this is above my understanding :p

Here's a little bit of info I picked from another forum regarding bowling mechanics in the game...

BigAntStudios said:
Maybe you use the left stick to control the line. So basically the left stick at 12 'O Clock position would mean aiming at the middle stump. This is just a guess though.

Good guess, left stick but not middle stump at 12'O Clock and swing is independent of line.

Here's the link...
Big Ant Cricket game 2013 - Page 8 - Games - IndianVideoGamer.com

I won't be much bothered about screenies as long as I keep getting such delicious gameplay info.

He said middle stump not at 12 o'clock, so does that mean that 12 o'clock will be down the line of where the ball is released? So if you run wide on the crease (if it's possible) the ball will be very wide of off-stump if not altered.

Last edited:
^It will be all be educated guess work since there won't be a marker there. It all seems too dreamy.:clap

This may sound silly, but how would u convert the link into a torrent?

He said middle stump not at 12 o'clock, so does that mean that 12 o'clock will be down the line of where the ball is released? So if you run wide on the crease (if it's possible) the ball will be very wide of off-stump if not altered.

That would be my guess as well. So if you bowl wide off the crease you may need to move the left stick right or in case you are bowling round the wkt you would want to pull that left stick a bit to the left.

It would also work in case you are trying to bowl, say, an outswing delivery. So you would try to aim at the leg stump which, if the ball swings, would result in the ball pitching on or outside off.

PS: That must be one intelligent guy who guessed this bowling mechanic on that other forum :p

^My question is how will we aim in absence of bowling marker?

Practice. Real bowlers try to bowl a delivery, doesn't mean they will execute it. Better bowlers will be more accurate obviously... guess you will have to learn timings of control inputs to master deliveries.

^My question is how will we aim in absence of bowling marker?

Line of the ball is controlled by the left stick and length will be controlled by the release mechanism (could be right stick). If you release it late the ball will be fuller and if you release it early the ball will tend to be shorter. This line & length mechanism is all you need to replace the bowling marker I believe.

Practice. Real bowlers try to bowl a delivery, doesn't mean they will execute it. Better bowlers will be more accurate obviously... guess you will have to learn timings of control inputs to master deliveries.

This!!!

For once you would need to practice the art of bowling in a cricket game :D!! No more perfect deliveries all the time :cheers:

Based on some posts on the other forum, I think Ross believes Ashes Cricket is not going to hit the 21st June release date. And Big-Ant's release should also fall some time in July I guess.

Based on some posts on the other forum, I think Ross believes Ashes Cricket is not going to hit the 21st June release date. And Big-Ant's release should also fall some time in July I guess.

Ross was kidding and don't think he really meant it.

Users who are viewing this thread