Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Totally agree. Regardless of the sales in India - Indian cricket has a massive impact on the game - it's a very different atmosphere and a mixture of accents in the commentary box can help bring that across.

I certainly think test matches in India are up there with the Ashes for us.

Indeed. When we talk about imitating the atmosphere of a T20 game in India (the noise, voices, packed grounds) we are only talking about adding more 'depth' to the game. The same concept goes with adding sub-continent commentators.

Though it might not be possible (neither a good idea, maybe) to do this in DBC'14, but it should be one of the things to look forward to in the upcoming titles. After all, when a game nails the gameplay (which I'm 80% sure, DBC'14 will) such are the things that add finesse to the game - which ultimately makes it the leader in its genre/niche.

I am sure an intelligent guy like Ross will always look forward to achieving that. Best of luck to Ross and BA :)

I think my comment about having a sub-continent commentator has taken a totally unexpected and different route.

My point of having at least one sub-continent commentator (I will always prefer Rameez Raja, or Ravi Shastri as the 2nd choice) was just for adding 'depth' to an already awesome game. Attracting Indian or Pakistani 'buyers' wasn't even at the back of my mind - as, sadly, the reality won't differ from just having a sub-continent commentator.

The last person one would prefer is Rameez Raja as the commentator. His commentry is very very biased and fails to make sense many times. But considering this is a game and the commentry is a recorded one, so we wont have that problem :p

Hey Ross, Since you are likely to announce the release date 3-4 weeks prior to the release day,

Can we expect the next video with the announcement ( most probably a long trailer) of the game showing gameplay(especially fielding and spin bowling) and features all in that video.....?

I really don't see the need for any more screenshots or videos except the aforementioned.

On an entirely another note:
Somehow I don't feel upset about being unable to play gta 5 today or in the near future....It's weirdly good.
And also I longer care about the release date of this game and don't know if I'm even going to play it soon after the release (not that it matters to anyone)....

I have been a passionate gamer for the past six awesome years and could almost have taken the first step towards the career as a AI/physics programmer this year.....I know find myself inert towards games (not that I'm bored).

The gamer in me has finally found peace and is not running from real life now....But I will always have high respect for people who create simply astounding virtual world to forget our real life problems even if for a short while......

I wish the people here a great time playing DBC 14 as this post is very much looking to be my last here at planetcricket....It's funny really how badly I wanted to play this game a week ago and now I don't want to play any games......

Please excuse me for this long post and any hurt feelings in the past or some other mistakes of mine here, I only hope this game to be a great success....!!

Yours truly
Saurabh

Favourite games:
All gta games from vice city onwards.
All assassins creed games from AC2 onwards.
Elder scrolls:Skyrim.
Sleeping dogs.
Tomb raider 2012.
Nfs most wanted, Carbon.
Fifa 08,09,2012,2013.
Max Payne 3.
L.A Noire.
Bully scholarship edition.
Motogp 2007.
Battlefield 2.
Hitman bloodmoney.
Project IGI.

Some more like Total Overdose........

To those of you who can't wait for this game...
"The best thing to do while waiting for something is to find something that's waiting for you.":-)

And someone please create Gollum/Smeagol if you can as a cunning leg-break (spin) bowler and as a partnership breaker....You know, Smeagol always knows the way.:-).

Thanks a lot.

The last person one would prefer is Rameez Raja as the commentator. His commentry is very very biased and fails to make sense many times. But considering this is a game and the commentry is a recorded one, so we wont have that problem :p

That definitely won't be a problem in a video game :)
Besides that, I like some of his witty words and signature lines, not to mention a highlighted voice pitch :)

I laugh when he says youngster to a 32 year cricketer.he has a habit to say youngster again and again.

I'm not sure whether the topic of action replays have been discussed in detail or not. If not, is it possible to shed some light on it?

I was playing EA 07 yesterday and while watching a replay it suddenly struck me that the system is pretty bad in 07. Case in point:- I played a magnificent leg glance and while watching the replay I noticed that 80% of the replay time was spent with the camera following the ball (The first 20% is where I got to see the shot)

In replays you would want to watch the stroke in different angles and it doesn't make sense to waste the replay on watching the ball reach the boundary.

It's funny because I've been playing 07 for a long long time and this thing never bothered me until yesterday. Perhaps I'm trying to think in terms of how the same scenario would be in DBC14.

Hats off to you guys for making me think about things which I never bothered to notice all these years.

Note to self: Be kind to Blockerdave otherwise forum may get threads merged or closed... in other news went looking for a kitchen but the "go to" site for such stuff isn't working any more...

----------

Remember Ross mentioning about more options available in DBC 14 with respect to camera angles and replays.

Yeah, more than ever before and instant replay/ff/rw/etc...

Note to self: Be kind to Blockerdave otherwise forum may get threads merged or closed... in other news went looking for a kitchen but the "go to" site for such stuff isn't working any more...

----------

Very Interesting....perhaps that is a little reminiscent of the 'Game' that was being talked about on there too?

Maybe they should have quit while they were a h__d?
(Sorry! That joke never gets old!)

Although many people are discussing commentators and puttin out favourite choices up, I remember someone posting that they play the game without commentary, just sound effects for a more realistic feel, if that's the case maybe a lot if the commentary is more about what you're doin or not doin or need to be doin rather than " marvellous shot" or "bowled him, neck and crop" and as such is more "they need boundaries" "he needs to work on his back foot technique" 40 hrs of commentary could be quite a lot if its not incessant rambling ball after ball? And I would still bet were gonna hear commentary from 2/3 even maybe 4 guys that have Never done a game before, even tho bumble and warne would be great. Am I close at all?

----------

You say Instant replay?

Score: Dbc 113 vs 2 ashes

Unfortunately, yes, legitimate FIFA sales numbers killed the fantasy...

Curious to know what the console copy sales for FIFA in India are?

For the first time since I got into console gaming have I seen so much hype over the launch of a game in Mumbai. Stores were putting up midnight sales for GTA V this week and it has been sold out in most retail stores that I went to in Mumbai (Games The Shop , Game4U, Croma, Reliance Digital etc). Sure, GTA V is an altogether different beast but they did not price it very cheap (50$ USD for the regular version and around 55$ for the special edition). I`m sure FIFA 14 has been listed for preorder on most sites at INR 3499 as well. I`m sure BigAnt can find a pricing strategy that goes with either of those two games and learn from them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread