Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Some of the players around him weren't up to it!! Martin Moxon!!!!! What a joke!!!!! I liked Stewart,Thorpe and Robin Smith, but from Gooch retiring to Trescothick there was nobody!!! Stewart for all his runs didn't open for Surrey. Hick Ramprakash Butcher Crawley Fairbrother all very good county players but just didn't do it at test level!!!

sadly martin moxon was "too good" for my England worst xi - he scored 3 50's with a top score of 99. reckon you will like that team seems you're a similar generation to me.

robin smith was one of my favourites too - treated disgracefully being dropped averaging nearly 44 in tests because he "had trouble with spin". this basically meant he couldn't play Warne but nobody in England could! At least he could play the other bowlers. he top scored in his last innings - bowled adams for 66 ; next highest score was 20!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Robin Smith was in most my England teams when I used to play this:

SL371100.jpg

Robin Smith was my favourite player growing up, I remember him scoring 175 against West Indies in the same test as Lara got his 375 and the he was dropped despite bein our best batsman, meanwhile Hick was given chance after chance!!! Still grates me now!!!! Like you said who COULD play Warne??? Smiths 167* in a ODI against the Aussies at egbaston is still the best ODI innings I've seen by an Englishman.

Anyway look forward to seeing your worst XI. Think ill be downloading a lot of teams, since I'm useless at even creating myself on FIFA!!! My player looks like someone from a boyband me Missis reckons

----------

I'm pretty sure Robin Smith was in most my England teams when I used to play this:

SL371100.jpg

That's a blast from the past!!! I had the test match game with Botham and gower on the box, I think that's the inspiration for tabletop cricket, which I'd be interested in playin, looks a laugh!!!

The problem with the game I linked to was that wickets were too likely. It was ultra-realistic when England were all out for 50 odd but not when Australia did the same.
I'd love to have a crack at making a flash version of that game sometime :p
Would be fun.

Hey folks, i did not visit this forum for sometime now. I lost track of things here. So today being friday can anyone update me on what is to come today and has any information been let out official by Ross about the game?

Hey folks, i did not visit this forum for sometime now. I lost track of things here. So today being friday can anyone update me on what is to come today and has any information been let out official by Ross about the game?

We don't know yet. A video might come out either this friday or the next. We will know in 24 hours.

In the mean time there is a new q&a thread here where mikey and hbk answers some of the questions

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...4-forum/detailed-questions-answers-86080.html

Edit - just checked the scorecard: 235 balls for 29 runs. That's what I call batting.

Have you tried that flash game Little Master Cricket. Fun to play like you and see how low score you can get. Problem is when you have a dozen balls on the pitch infront of you, high probability of a bowled ball hitting one and bouncing over your head.

My low score is 2 from 17 deliveries.

MikeM will be on tonight soon for a little while and then also from 9pm Melbourne time for some more in depth Q&A.

We'll be putting out a video on Tuesday showing off the replay system.

This wait for DBC'14 reminds me of my Harry Potter obsession days :P Would spend several hours on mugglenet forum discussing what the next book's plot would be and what twists it would have and how it would pan out. There was so much info and speculation, but the wait was such a pain :noway

Same with DBC - there is so much info about controls, gameplay, etc etc. But all I dream about it popping my brand new DBC blu ray in my PS3 and playing away into the wee hours

Users who are viewing this thread