Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Darrel Hair 14 coming soon to a consle near you.

Features include:
- the ability to give any batsman LBW regardless of whether the ball hit the pads.
- press conferences where you get to call Muralitharan for "throwing"
- docking the bowling team 50 runs for ball tampering as soon as it starts to swing
- ending a test match if any team takes to long to come onto the field after a tea break
- when giving a player from an Asian team out, that team will lose 2 wickets
- when you play as Darrel Hair your decisions cannot be overturned using DRS

would still be better than the Darrell Harper option - when the fielding side appeals, roll a dice - odd numbers out, even numbers not out.

I always thought darrell hair was a good umpire, and muralitharan was, and is a chucker IMO.

I think because of his unorthodox action he was called a chucker, but he was pure class and because of that everyone will try to poke holes in his game. it annoyed me when he bowled well against NZ and Id yell abuse at the TV calling him a chucker but I have to admit he is amazing and his stats reflect that. To bowl a MuraLi ball do you have to mash everything haha

I preferred warne to muralitharan

Oh I fully agree, always admired the king of spin, but you cant say Murali wasnt impressive....not to mention loveable

warne and murali were both great to watch.

murali's action sure looked dodgy to the naked eye, but i am happy enough to go with all the tests they did to clear it. and whenever you saw him in interviews he had a wonderful personality, and love for the game, and never let the controversy get on top of him. top fella.

warney, well in a narrow patriotic fashion i "hated" him, in the sense of hating what he did to england, but again as a player/competitor - just mesmerising. at times in the 2005 series it felt like he was gonna drag australia over the line almost single handed! and such a knowledge of the game, tactically. if he wasn't such a text pest he'd have been a fantastic captain. one of my absolute favourite commentators now, alongside michael holding.

Agree with every word of that. Two of the best spinners to ever have lived in my opinion. Whenever Murali came out to bat he was fun to watch, I love that in a bowler.

I like both Murali and Warne. As bowlers they were more or less equal, however as cricket players Warne just had that X-factor. He always believed in himself and he got everybody else to believe it too. He could create something out of nothing. He really helped that Aussie team to greatness.

I don't think muralitharan would of got half as many wickets had he not played for Sri Lanka on prepared pitches and in a team without any other premier bowlers!! Saying that he does come across well in interviews and was good for Sri Lankan cricket.
For me warne is the best cricketer of my generation, he played the game right, commentates well, loves a beer, loves a root, abosolute hero, I love him I wanna boof him Shane Shane Shane!!!

Last edited:
completely agree with you there mrzdt about believing in himself, warnie just seemed to have that confidence that he could change the game when needed, if he knew there needed to be a brake through he was the man, like you say an xfactor

Users who are viewing this thread