Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Carlo celebrating Halloween...

The real Halloween is expecting anything from ashes 2013 today, still they will have to show up sooner or later. My guess later.:spy

I feel if we still have not heard from them by say 21st of November then a cancelled game should be on the cards soon after. Either way I just want to know like the rest of us MattW, it's not about buying the game anymore. The bigger question can we still buy it if we wanted to.

Coming to a conclusion from one delivery, the height of intelligence.

It is not about one ball. Its that fact it clearly shows what the ball physics will be like. A ball going at a certain speed thrown with a certain force can only go so far, and that seems completely off in that video.

I know the game Art of cricket is dead. But in the trailers just compare the speed and trajectory of the ball in the two videos when leaving the hand, you will know what I am talking about.

I mean the Art of Cricket Videos released in March of 2010. Just look at the ball speed and physics on this one when leaving the bowlers hands and compare to the One in the DBC video.

and now compare it to this one....tell me which one looks more real

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not about one ball. Its that fact it clearly shows what the ball physics will be like. A ball going at a certain speed thrown with a certain force can only go so far, and that seems completely off in that video.

I know the game Art of cricket is dead. But in the trailers just compare the speed and trajectory of the ball in the two videos when leaving the hand, you will know what I am talking about.

I mean the Art of Cricket Videos released in March of 2010. Just look at the ball speed and physics on this one when leaving the bowlers hands and compare to the One in the DBC video.

and now compare it to this one....tell me which one looks more real

FFS This discussion again???

Art of Cricket = DEAD

DB Cricket = one month away.

Now tell me which game is More Real?????

End of Story.

Last edited by a moderator:
apesnani, could it be that in order to make the game playable without the usual on screen icons to give an indication of where the ball is going, the ball speed needed to be at a pace that an average person with average reactions could respond to?

FFS This discussion again???

Art of Cricket = DEAD

DB Cricket = one month away.

Now tell me which game is More Real?????

End of Story.

How is that end of story lol? He has a fair point, now I'm not saying what game has better physics as I haven't played DBC, but it's an interesting thing to look at non the less. Also doesn't matter if the game is dead or not really

Also I really hope there is a fluid animation in DBC like the one in TAOC, great replication of Lee's action, really don't like the AC09 action style, ape action

He doesnt have a fair point. It matters nowt. DBC is the game we will be playing and Art of Cricket is the game that never happened. Again, which of those two games is more real?

That and the run-up-delivery is one of many in the game... that actually exists. As opposed to one that does not.

He doesnt have a fair point. It matters nowt. DBC is the game we will be playing and Art of Cricket is the game that never happened. Again, which of those two games is more real?

True, but he clearly wasn't talking about a potential TAOC release or anything of that sort. You just decided to interpret it that way.

That and the run-up-delivery is one of many in the game... that actually exists. As opposed to one that does not.

Yeah I saw ross mention something about actions, but he said we won't be able to assign them in this version (I think)

Yeah, but I imagine (based on previous cricket games) there will be a decent variety of animations, we've seen one. I think it's a bit early to be crying that a non-existant cricket title has better run-up animations than the one we're getting in a month or so...

...that and... the run-up looks fine...

True, but he clearly wasn't talking about a potential TAOC release or anything of that sort. You just decided to interpret it that way.

When I have this game in my hand the very LAST thing I will be doing EVER is going on YouTube and comparing ball speed or bowling action to anything else.

We are one month away from having this game and that is all that matters for me. Couldn't give Brett Lee's Mothers Cupcakes for any comparing of anything.

Once I have played the game to utter smithereens then I might want to compare to other games. But I already know the conclusion: DBC beats them all by miles.

Users who are viewing this thread