Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

That's the first time I have seen TAOC. I was expected to be blown away by something special the way it was talked up by someone. I felt a bit meh by it in all honesty.

It appears to be nothing more than a mini game.

That's the first time I have seen TAOC. I was expected to be blown away by something special the way it was talked up by someone. I felt a bit meh by it in all honesty.

It appears to be nothing more than a mini game.

It was pretty incredible considering the fact that only one guy managed to do that and whatever it showed looked better than most of the cricket games out there. Its feature list (well the wish list of the creator) was almost as big as dbc's feature list...which ultimately led to its demise i believe. Too much for 1-2 people to do.

dunno what his codebase is, but a kickstarter would have been a good idea maybe...

I was some what involved in the making of TAOC, and the main reason why all went haywire was due to lack of time. The game being created during the free time and it took over too much time and effort which was not worth, for paul specially. The other thing that really hurt was the lack of resources and eventually it came to financial crisis which led to the game being shelved.

With only 2 people coding and lack of resources and financial crisis, what codebase paul managed to achieve was pretty amazing. If kickstarter would have been known then surely it would have been utilize.

It is possible for one guy to make a game, in the eighties many of us programmed art, sound, AI, all of it, published on tape/floppy/magazine listings etc... and now it's happening again on the mobile frontier with products like Unity... it can be done.

On the comparison front... I know people want "realistic" but seriously we've been through this before, the ball travels vertically a few cm's on the screen and changes size by millimetres - if I gave you the ball at the real speed it would be unplayable. This is a game first, simulator way, way second.

hey ross, what's your reaction to/thoughts on the lack of any announcement from the other side yesterday?

Ross I think what most of us from planet earth want is a challenging sim with a bit of arcade in the code or just copy T20 for that.:lol

PS So ashes did zero, never thought that would happen did we.:rolleyes
It's like they don't want my money and everyone else who was going to buy the game months ago.

Now for DBC 14 well we will know in 5 days how it looks and plays, I am hoping for the best but trying not to get to hyped for once.:noway
PS Is there anything coming on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday or your letting the game do the talking for you.:D

PS Can Art of cricket be saved or no more forever.

----------

hey ross, what's your reaction to/thoughts on the lack of any announcement from the other side yesterday?

He new all along, was just teasing us for the last 2 days or so.:p

Well what was the problem ,why did he stop devoloping the game? Finacial crisis or any other reason ? Can some one pls care to explain :)

They didn't have official publishers to pay for the work they do. It was too much for 2 people to do sacrificing all the personal stuffs hindering the career to handle such a mega project free of cost. Basically lacking motivation to progress forward when you don't have anything to gain except for the huge expectations from people around.

From TAOC forums :
jkartik said:
guys, Alpha 0.2 is not releasing anytime soon.

BUT.....the good news is, we contacted some "producers" who are ready to invest in our project and loved the potential and what it had to offer.
"They" are very keen to give it a green signal but are working over the legalities, contracts, marketing strategies etc and will take atleast a month or two before we can go full time.

one thing is for sure, we can finish the entire game in just 6 months if we get the money and go full time working 8 hours a day. otherwise, it'll be "part-time / work when your free" attitude and is likely to take ATLEAST 2 more years which is really demovitating.

so, nothing much to worry about.....we arent quitting or anything....far from it! just need to be patient and wait till we get the $$$.

one downside though is they have requested us to not release ANYTHING till all the formalities are over, hence no alpha 0.2 till then.

JK

He new all along, was just teasing us for the last 2 days or so.:p

No.

I seriously now have no idea... perhaps if I were to say I think it's cancelled then we might get some more of this... worked so well back in July when it was posted:

Hi Guys,

I am Mike Fegan from Trickstar Games and I'm here to give dispel unfounded rumours and misinformation on the Ashes Cricket 2013 game. Fell free to ask me questions and within reason I will give you my open and honest responses.

Whats a "Mike Fegan?"

Users who are viewing this thread