Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I hope ross is busy contacting the relevent parties right at this moment rather than being here reading the forum. :p

Been busy all night on the phone/email, and on here in between.

I need to liaise with our publisher to sure up what happens from here.

First!

Sorry, this is as much of an announcement of the game than we've had before.. feels like it was a new release date thread.. :P

The offer still stands on picking copies up from the ports and selling em mate, me mates got a decent size lorry/van, I'm off work, just gimme the nod and I'm on board!!! Plenty of markets in UK!!

First!

Sorry, this is as much of an announcement of the game than we've had before.. feels like it was a new release date thread.. :P

Lol every post by ross now will be dissected even more.

----------

So...

Umm....

What's the damage assessment for the 5 days of ashes?

What are we looking at here?

PS. Come to think of it, are their any games out there that come close to replicating the above I.e. learning as the game goes along and does not go along any scripts? (I can't think of any).

2k's NBA to an extent. Someone on here mentioned it.

waiting for dbc14 and cricket life(which i was part of.my dream project) hope so both has a great success:D

I think an important thing to remember is this isn't Cricket Simulator 2014.

It's a console game aimed at a broader market that is going to have some elements that are absolutely not "true to life" for a variety of reasons. Some of those reasons being playability, entertainment and sheer logistics.

You're going to have things (bowler speeds for one) that are simply not going to reflect reality, because that would be impossible for the majority of us to play the game. Your most ELITE players in the world struggle to face bowlers of 140kph and above, so you don't want that stuff in the game because it wouldn't be fun.

It NEEDS to be accessible to everyone to survive and be a success. A lot of the (valid) issues you raise would affect the 1% of gamers who frequent this forum, so you're talking about a very small percentage indeed.

Best thing to remember in ANY cricket game you're going to have elements that are not going to be "Match Realistic" because it's a GAME. Not the real thing... needs to live in it's own space and be accessible to everyone.

Go too far in either direction, that's when you loose both parties. BigAnt seem to have, from what I can tell, found that middle-ground absolutely spot on.
^^^^^^^^^^^
This guy gets it!!!!!!!!

Either you're talking to overseas retailers or you've been on them funny chat lines again!!!!![COLOR="

I kind of feel extremely sorry for all cricket game developers. even cricket being one of the most popular sports. there are still lots of discourages for the developers. there are not many consumers as many they have for nba , nfl and mlb titles. piracy is also one of the big factors in the market for pc gaming.

Maybe I'm too late for making a section like this in the game but, having an umpire/3rd umpire mode? Where you can control the decision, talk to your partner about any edges, refer it to the third umpire, you'd have your stats about how many correct decisions you made and all. I'd really appreciate that kinda thing in the game. It would be real fun being an umpire in a game like this.

And if there is already something like this, then I sincerely apologize. :)

Maybe I'm too late for making a section like this in the game but, having an umpire/3rd umpire mode? Where you can control the decision, talk to your partner about any edges, refer it to the third umpire, you'd have your stats about how many correct decisions you made and all. I'd really appreciate that kinda thing in the game. It would be real fun being an umpire in a game like this.

And if there is already something like this, then I sincerely apologize. :)

Yes there's already such a mode... It's called train spotting

Users who are viewing this thread