Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Ross, Game will release in probably 2 to 3 months, in this mean time Don't you think BA should work on keyboard controllers? Because most of PC gamers don't have Controllers, & while buying the game they'll see that 'you need a controller' ,Some of them won't buy it.

Ross, Game will release in probably 2 to 3 months, in this mean time Don't you think BA should work on keyboard controllers? Because most of PC gamers don't have Controllers, & while buying the game they'll see that 'you need a controller' ,Some of them won't buy it.

You... didnt... read... the... picture...:gamepad::release: and... didnt read.. the... 50... threads... saying... you... need... a... controller

I think like fearsome tweak there should be a word for "keyboard" that is replaced on Planet Cricket.

Regardless of the fact that the game is now in 2014, the game itself is not being changed.

I think like early September there should be a word for "keyboard" that is replaced on Planet Cricket.

Regardless of the fact that the game is now in 2014, the game itself is not being changed.

Maybe " Im a douche who is too cool for reading what the developers say so im going to ask for what has already been told wont happen but they will include it now because i said so" ?

You... didnt... read... the... picture...:gamepad::release: and... didnt read.. the... 50... threads... saying... you... need... a... controller

Not to mention the fact that all sports games completely suck on keyboard. Ditch the Jurassic Control Method and get a damn gamepad!

@BigAnt: Now I've played the nets beta a bit, I have to say that overall I'm very impressed, but it doesn't seem as though there are balls you should definitely play defensive to. Seems that as long as I get the footwork and shot choice right, everything goes fine.

Remember that different batsmen have different attributes as to which shots they play against best though - if the player you're controlling completely sucks at playing spin, for example, even if you're normally quite good with it, you might want to play a bit more cautiously in a big game if you're not quite sure how the ball's coming in. I think being in the nets we're all quite happy to try and hit almost every ball. When the stakes are higher I know I'll be playing a bit more carefully.

Some absolute gems on the Facebook page :facepalm

kK2kRLi.png

i9aAegA.png

6Y6dOoG.png

I can guarantee the need to use a gamepad will knock a point or two off reviews. Most reviewers cbf really playing the game a lot, particularly a cricket game if a yank, and hence they'll pick out things that are easy to critisise.

The lack of a bowling marker will probably be critised despite being a massive improvement. It has become such an accepted thing in cricket games that I didn't realise it was possible to not use it until I heard about this game.

The lack of a bowling marker will probably be critised despite being a massive improvement. It has become such an accepted thing in cricket games that I didn't realise it was possible to not use it until I heard about this game.

It would be an easy thing to add and could always be patched in if there were huge outcry for such a thing. Same can't be said for a keyboard control set, which would need significant work and wouldn't be worth it.

No. You have to look around the field just like real life and on TV.

So out there on the pitch, we'll actually have to look around the field? I guess that explains the current ability to move the batsman's head.

My time with the beta, along with the above comment, indicates this is aiming to be a full on cricket simulator, not a cricket 'game' and that's fine by me!

----------

Trust me - most PC gamers who play sports games would've bought a controller by now...

Users who are viewing this thread