Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

What is everyone's general consensus regarding the ball trail and circle around the ball?

I've played both ways, and it is substantially easier with the assistance.

Do you think we would get a substantially better gamepaly experience without the assistive markers, or would it be better to stick with them in real gameplay as to fully enhance the enjoyment of the game?

I prefer it without the markers.

What is everyone's general consensus regarding the ball trail and circle around the ball?

I've played both ways, and it is substantially easier with the assistance.

Do you think we would get a substantially better gamepaly experience without the assistive markers, or would it be better to stick with them in real gameplay as to fully enhance the enjoyment of the game?

I prefer it without the markers (infact am not able to play well with the markers at all)....am able to judge the line and length better when only the ball is visible. With the markers I am constantly looking for a colour and the completeness of the circle, while when just viewing the ball, the target (i.e ball) is much smaller so where its travelling is earier to judge and since I am only looking at the ball now I can play the shots quite naturally.

I am still struggling a bit in remembering the right buttons, but once the control layout gets stored in the muscle memory, It will get much much easier as right now I am able to judge the ball's movement quite well without the markers.

I prefer it without the markers (infact am not able to play well with the markers at all)....am able to judge the line and length better when only the ball is visible. With the markers I am constantly looking for a colour and the completeness of the circle, while when just viewing the ball, the target (i.e ball) is much smaller so where its travelling is earier to judge and since I am only looking at the ball now I can play the shots quite naturally.

I am still struggling a bit in remembering the right buttons, but once the control layout gets stored in the muscle memory, It will get much much easier as right now I am able to judge the ball's movement quite well without the markers.

What do the colours mean anyway?

What do the colours mean anyway?

As mentioned by HBK:

The colours around the ball indicate where the ball is pitching.

Yellow = Full
Red = Short
Green = Good

The ball marker will also have a gap depending on which line it's pitching, a gap to the left of the ball means it's pitching right, a gap to the right, means it's pitching left. No gap means it's on middle stump.

I actually do enjoy it without markers, it feels more like cricket.

Ross, HBK, Mike, what do the people in the office use more frequently? Is the game harder outside of the nets?

I have the length marker and occasionally the ball trail so I know where it goes. The line marker is too distracting off fast balls and I don't have time to look at it.

those who have played stick cricket many times will find it easier without markers, see the ball hit the ball :D :D

I wish there was just a single button for a defensive shot.. It should be the easiest shot to play, rather than having to worry about triggers and directional sticks all while trying to work out if the ball is a good one while it comes down at 90 mph.. I mean sticking a real cricket bat out is easier

I wish there was just a single button for a defensive shot.. It should be the easiest shot to play, rather than having to worry about triggers and directional sticks all while trying to work out if the ball is a good one while it comes down at 90 mph.. I mean sticking a real cricket bat out is easier

And you know this how? From experience of facing 90 mph?

And you know this how? From experience of facing 90 mph?

Yeah, haven't you cranked up a bowling machine to 90mph and tried to face it? You can stick out an apologetic bat more often than not, would like to be able to just press a button for a defensive stroke

Yeah, haven't you cranked up a bowling machine to 90mph and tried to face it? You can stick out an apologetic bat more often than not, would like to be able to just press a button for a defensive stroke

Okay so if they do your idea then you can go into a 5 match test series leading 1-0 and just block every ball for the rest of the series?

Users who are viewing this thread