Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Two major issues with the above;

a) Multiplayer - the latency of the internet *must* be taken into account and often is not (as above). The ball would be at the stumps before the first packet arrived for the batsman.

b) More important than A) above, recent studies show that the English don't bat so well, they do make up a fair chunk of our market, so if we sped it up to international standard then they would not cope.

I thought it was an excellent post and even thanked it after the first point. However, I'm afraid that the second point has got rid of all the credibility you may have possessed. We just decided to ease off after we pummelled you into the earth continuously. Fair weather Aussie :p

Yeah, I get it, lose the Ashes to beat us in our pyjamas... it all makes sense now...

Two major issues with the above;

a) Multiplayer - the latency of the internet *must* be taken into account and often is not (as above). The ball would be at the stumps before the first packet arrived for the batsman.

I always forget about multiplayer. I don't even know if I'll try it until I've done loads of career mode.

When I realised the left stick didn't work until you hit the right stick I thought about it and figured that you'd end up with a pause halfway though the shot, and that having the pause before the batsman plays probably looks much more natural.

b) More important than A) above, recent studies show that the English don't bat so well, they do make up a fair chunk of our market, so if we sped it up to international standard then they would not cope.

No we're awesome at batting, easily twice as good as Australians. Sadly we're about 5 times as good at collapsing.

I love how when Australia get whitewashed, their players fight back stronger... when England players get whitewashed, they retire.

#Discuss

I love how when New Zealand get whitewashed, they get whitewashed again. It's also great that when New Zealand inflict a whitewash... hang on.

When I realised the left stick didn't work until you hit the right stick I thought about it and figured that you'd end up with a pause halfway though the shot, and that having the pause before the batsman plays probably looks much more natural.

Yep, and it would probably solve the odd feeling of selecting the hand movement and shot too early, before the ball reaches the bat...

Anyway Ross is listening and knows exactly how to give us the best possible cricket game.. It is going to be epic when released.. :cheers

I love how when Australia get whitewashed, their players fight back stronger... when England players get whitewashed, they retire.

#Discuss

Or they just pack up and go home...

The question is, who will win the "super series"? I think it will be 4 - 4 with England winning at the MCG. Yeah, I made up the "super series" just to keep some sort of interest in the current Ashes.

#Discuss

I don't remember the last English whitewash.... my understanding is though that it only happened on one occasion, in 1886, when they only played three tests - so I guess we already have an "English Whitewash"... lets see if we can get a proper Aussie one :p

We're too polite to whitewash people.

Sure, we'll invade distant and entirely peaceful countries, massacre half the population and force the other half to speak English and play cricket, but we wouldn't whitewhash them.

You got whitewashed by India.

Good side indeed, did something the Poms have never done :yes

We're too polite to whitewash people.

Sure, we'll invade distant and entirely peaceful countries, massacre half the population and force the other half to speak English and play cricket for England, but we wouldn't whitewhash them.

Fixed it for you.

That good side were thrashed by Cooky, Compton and the boys. Legends.

Everyone knew that back to back ashes would take its toll. The side who won the first one would always have lost the second one.

Users who are viewing this thread