Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Have never seen this game before, looks like it would have been a fun game at the time it came out. The commentary is quite funny but don't know what was going on with that seagull sound though!!!

Trickstar should have just released this, at least it looks playable!!!

Anyone who doesn't listen to TMS while watching a test match is doing the whole cricket thing wrong.

I usually listen to sky when they have Bumble on though because he's genuinely really good; and there was a bit in the second innings where Warne really impressed me. It was Australia's second innings in the fourth test when Cook were messing around and not bowling Panesar and doing traditional Cook captaincy; and Warne just explained all of the problems with Cook's captaincy (trying to save runs using the seamers on a pitch which Lyon got a 5 wicket haul on earlier when Australia only needed 200 to win in a day and a half; the awful, overly defensive follow-the-ball fielding sets of Cook and just the overall negativity of England. Warne's always a good guy to have around when a spinner is playing because he'll generally tell you what's accurately happening. He's better on English TV IMO (probably because Channel 9 have no shame in cheerleading, while Sky are a little more impartial); but also because having people from other nations helps to prevent that sort of bias (that's why I like Holding on the Sky coverage of non-West Indian series; and why it was nice to see Bill Lawry on Sky with I think Bumble and Atherton or Hussein; but I could be wrong!

e: ESPN NFL 2k5 has, and always will have the best commentary of any sports game ever, and the people in that are actors!

OMG, that is the most disgusting thing i have ever read

English commentary impartial

that is sickening

whenever the test series is in england, i have to turn the sound off, otherwise i will break my tv

the most biased disgraceful commentary ever when the ashes is in england

you are a deadset fool to make that statement!!

OMG, that is the most disgusting thing i have ever read

English commentary impartial

that is sickening

whenever the test series is in england, i have to turn the sound off, otherwise i will break my tv

the most biased disgraceful commentary ever when the ashes is in england

you are a deadset fool to make that statement!!

What gives you the right to call someone a fool because their views aren't shared by you? Grow up.

Last edited:
You good sir are the perfect example of what has gone wrong with cricket in the last 5-10 years with your 20/20's and your exited commentators! Why don't you learn what cricket is actually about! :mad

Well that went from zero to 100 pretty quick. Relax homie...peace in the world and whatever. You tell me how many times you can analyse a bowl (ie. a bowler bowls a ball and it gets left to the keeper). How many? hmm...it was short/wide/good/back of a length/full/a yorker/brown/blue/green....Have you ever sat through a 5 day test match on tv? For the record I don't even like 20/20 so drop the personal insults because you know nothing of my tastes, etc other than what few words I choose to type of these forums. Goodness me. :facepalm

On the flip side, I've heard many a person (non cricket lover) who actually poke fun at us cricket lovers BECAUSE the commentators are doing nothing but analyse EACH bowl...6-8 times an over vs what he did 2 years ago vs what the commentator did 10 years ago, etc etc.

*sigh* can't win.

Well....as an "unbiased" forign dude, i have to say the aussie commentators are more annoying when it comes to biasedness. "Annoying" is probably not the right way, but more like outright ridiculous sometimes, making them unintentionally funny. And english commentators aren't far behind either.

It is like listening to gavaskar while sachin is in the crease....except here we got 11 sachin like "GODs" playing in the team. Listening to them would make a noob think he is seeing 13 legends on the team....including the two who carries the water and the towels...

After watching the big bash last night, I have to say mark waugh and punter have to be the best commentators on the planet. They actually forgot there was a cricket match on for about 20 minutes and payed each other out non stop about wearing pants too high, sweat patches on punters chair..actually pretty sure sir viv richards slipt them a joint in between innings! If you get a chance to watch some of it, hilarious!

After watching the big bash last night, I have to say mark waugh and punter have to be the best commentators on the planet. They actually forgot there was a cricket match on for about 20 minutes and payed each other out non stop about wearing pants too high, sweat patches on punters chair..actually pretty sure sir viv richards slipt them a joint in between innings! If you get a chance to watch some of it, hilarious!

this is what I'm talking about. There is a LOT of cricket talk happening during a cricket game by commentators and they do analyse everything that happens time and time again...over and over and over. Every now and then they change the subject and talk about something else and bag each other out. eg. I always love hearing the subtle 'bagging' that the guys would give to Chappelli...he's a well respected non nonsense ex cricket captain and the Taylors/Healys/etc treat him with respect...but every now and then they bag him and he doesn't get it (or refuses to discuss it). hilarious.

Well....as an "unbiased" forign dude, i have to say the aussie commentators are more annoying when it comes to biasedness. "Annoying" is probably not the right way, but more like outright ridiculous sometimes, making them unintentionally funny. And english commentators aren't far behind either.

It is like listening to gavaskar while sachin is in the crease....except here we got 11 sachin like "GODs" playing in the team. Listening to them would make a noob think he is seeing 13 legends on the team....including the two who carries the water and the towels...

I actually find the channel 9 commentary team actually so interesting to listen to! I think commentary should be more than just telling us what's happening in the game, but to be entertaining in the boring periods of the game when nothing is happening. I think that the 9 commentary team does that. They all have that personality to make the cricket entertaining by what they are saying. I'm fairly sure 9 are really the only ones where you can hear the other commentators laughing at the jokes in the background. But yeah I thought during this Ashes series Vaughin and Bumble were a great addition.

The reason why you think that the aussie commentary team were being biased is because England this series actually had nothing good except for stokes. So of course thats going to make one team who whitewashed an Ashes series look like Gods.

One thing I hate in cricket is when the teams have to go to india and one listen to no one really say anything a pitch that is already completely crumbled on day 1, but that's another story. And two have to listen the indian commentators talk about MS Dhoni as soon as he comes in and talking him up the whole time. Where with Michael Clarke and the Aussie commentary they just say he is a very important wicket. I don't know it just frustrates me.

Mark Waugh is a shit commentator.

I personally can't stand Mark Waugh's commentary. His NSW bias makes me sick :p

Right now my favourites are Bill, Bumble, Kerry O'Keefe, and Jim Maxwell. I was watching the South Africa India series and I enjoyed the commentary there but I couldn't tell you who it was.

And I hate the T20 style of commentary. The game should build excitement itself. You don't need to scream for every "Maximum"

Last edited:
Right now my favourites are Bill, Bumble, Kerry O'Keefe, and Jim Maxwell. I was watching the South Africa India series and I enjoyed the commentary there but I couldn't tell you who it was.

+1

Cricket is the ONLY sport I will list to on the radio. ABC does an excellent broadcast. Kerry O'Keefe, especially, laughs at almost everything and their broadcast always 'drifts' away from whats happening on the field purely because it gets boring. Atleast the tv commentators get to oogle when the cameramen capture beautiful and/or scantily clad ladies in the crowd (similar to Bill Lawry's commentary on pidgeons!).

We have to remember, unless you're on the pitch or fielding...cricket can be very boring...especially in a 5 day test match.

Pommie Mbangwa would be my number one choice of commentators, I love how his voice goes from being slow to fast mid sentence. :)

I actually find the channel 9 commentary team actually so interesting to listen to! I think commentary should be more than just telling us what's happening in the game, but to be entertaining in the boring periods of the game when nothing is happening. I think that the 9 commentary team does that. They all have that personality to make the cricket entertaining by what they are saying. I'm fairly sure 9 are really the only ones where you can hear the other commentators laughing at the jokes in the background. But yeah I thought during this Ashes series Vaughin and Bumble were a great addition.

The reason why you think that the aussie commentary team were being biased is because England this series actually had nothing good except for stokes. So of course thats going to make one team who whitewashed an Ashes series look like Gods.

One thing I hate in cricket is when the teams have to go to india and one listen to no one really say anything a pitch that is already completely crumbled on day 1, but that's another story. And two have to listen the indian commentators talk about MS Dhoni as soon as he comes in and talking him up the whole time. Where with Michael Clarke and the Aussie commentary they just say he is a very important wicket. I don't know it just frustrates me.

I was not really talking about how entertaining they are. I know they are very good commentators when it comes to keeping people interested during the "boring" periods. Was simply stating the observation I made regarding their biasedness. And my observation was not based on the ashes series (i followed the english ashes on cricinfo, but watched the aussie one on tv). In the last two years I have seen south africa visit australia and england i remember how biased the commentator were at th t time. It was not just about hyping up their own players, but also belittling the visiting side that got in my nerve (probably due to my biasedness towards SAF). I do not specifically remember the "opinions" they stated but still it left a bad taste in my mouth. But either way, i would never mute a commentary. Leaving the biasedness aside, these guys know what they are talking about when it comes to explaining the game and startegies.

This is all off-topic though. Apologies for the hijack.

Users who are viewing this thread