Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I was not really talking about how entertaining they are. I know they are very good commentators when it comes to keeping people interested during the "boring" periods. Was simply stating the observation I made regarding their biasedness. And my observation was not based on the ashes series (i followed the english ashes on cricinfo, but watched the aussie one on tv). In the last two years I have seen south africa visit australia and england i remember how biased the commentator were at th t time. It was not just about hyping up their own players, but also belittling the visiting side that got in my nerve (probably due to my biasedness towards SAF). I do not specifically remember the "opinions" they stated but still it left a bad taste in my mouth. But either way, i would never mute a commentary. Leaving the biasedness aside, these guys know what they are talking about when it comes to explaining the game and startegies.

This is all off-topic though. Apologies for the hijack.

Ahhk I can see where you are coming from you see when your lose a series you forget about it hahahahah!

Don Bradman Cricket 14 | Online Competition! - YouTube

Get around it lads if you are looking for a competition to play in for DB Cricket when it comes out! We are doing a Big Bash League (We are going to make the teams so all you need to do is download). There are 4 teams left which I believe is the Brissy Heat, Hobart Hurricanes, Perth Scorchers & the Adelaide strikers!

We will just about definitely accept you if you have a recording device. Cheers and check it out.

Are you saying there's a market for selling beards on here?

Here you are:
Such nostalgia with this. I still have the disc of this game actually, got from a Weet-Bix competition after sending in X amount of barcodes or something? Spent many an hour on it. Probably my 2nd fave cricket game behind SWC99 (DBC14 is unclassifiable ;)).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched some footage of graham gooch's cricket on the Amiga (YouTube). It was actually a very good game for its time, very playable!!

A combination of Sunil Gavaskar (for exceptional knowledge of cricket) and Ravi Shastri (for his voice which pulls you towards the screen) is the best to hear during matches. :):)

Commentators I don't like (Indian) :- Sanjay Manjrekar, Laxman Sivaramakrishnan,
Sourav Ganguly.
The worst commentator is Harsha Bhogle :eek::eek:

I would go so far as to say Sunil Gavaskar is the most horribly bias commentator on the entire planet. Moreso than any Australian, Brit, Kiwi or Saffa.

He is quite literally, the worst.

+1

We have to remember, unless you're on the pitch or fielding...cricket can be very boring...especially in a 5 day test match.

Don't think so. Test match cricket is like a wonderful symphony. Variations of tone and drama where the quieter moments can be just as interesting for their tension or calm as the excitement of the crash and boom and crescendo.

Don't think so. Test match cricket is like a wonderful symphony. Variations of tone and drama where the quieter moments can be just as interesting for their tension or calm as the excitement of the crash and boom and crescendo.

Dunno, there are times when cricket is boring. Usually when Alastair Cook is talking

Users who are viewing this thread