Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I only suggested 3 release dates to Ross related to Sir Don Bradman. I don't think anything wrong with that.

Just now I told SnowyCasanova to think twice before saying anything rubbish about Sunil Gavaskar or give any proof (which he didn't had)

I do respect every member, but cannot tolerate false accusations.

Many people have gone through each moment of that Don Bradman timeline trying to find an "appropriate date" for the release. You chose the day of his passing. Do you really think that would be a good day to release the game? I just don't see why a certain date relating to Bradman would be good for the game. Sure, it would be nice but there are things that are more important.

Always roll my eyes at those aussie 'cheating' videos, hilarious stuff. OH NO! an Australian appealled for something that ended up getting called out which probably shouldn't have been called out, them dam cheating aussies :p.

Last edited:
Many people have gone through each moment of that Don Bradman timeline trying to find an "appropriate date" for the release. You chose the day of his passing. Do you really think that would be a good day to release the game?

If Ross thinks that the date is appropriate, he will accept it, otherwise not. That's all.

If you think you're actually influencing the decision, then you're more delusional than originally thought

If you think you're actually influencing the decision, then you're more delusional than originally thought

I am not trying to influence the decision (I cannot !!).. But I was trying to throw light on some important dates about Sir Don Bradman, which Ross might have missed. Isn't Don Bradman cricket 14, the title of the game ?

Getting back to something a little more...amicable(?), my favourite cricket games were Graham Gooch's cricket on the Amiga and SWC'99. SWC'99 wins out overall though. Even going back now and watching YT vids it still looks pretty good.

One thing that always impressed me about SWC compared to other cricket games is the sense of enormity of the stadiums and big hits. In some of the EA games it felt like you hit a six and it only travelled a short time in the air for 50 meters or so. In SWC it actually felt like you hit a massive shot that went a long way.

^ i did spend sometime playing alan border cricket,ya blc 99 had the best straight and on drives ,also hitting a six felt enormous ,unike ea cric07 where even the ball going out of stadium felt small at times, i personally think it was a mix of improper cam angles and also stadium size scaling.

I myself can't wait for the manual appealing in this game, recently plugged the SNES back in for a small game of super intentional cricket. Always made myself chuckle hitting that appeal button for nothing, and that umpire never got annoyed at you ever. Not out! Also throwing the ball around and taking the stumps out when the batsmen are clearly in just stupid dumb fun :p.

Wow just watched the final over of that Big Bash game and I must have heard the phrase ''bunnings warehouse replay'' about 15 times! Talk about brown nosing the sponsors...

They're most probably contractually obliged to as annoying as it is. What winds me up the most is when every time the sponsor is mentioned the companys "catchphrase" is quoted along side it. Your brain just gets hammered every couple of overs by constant advertising. I rarely watch T.V. these days because of this reason unless it's cricket or Southampton on the box.

Someone linked me to a a section of Gideon Haigh's blog where he looks at sections of Mark Boucher's blog, which ironically contains some stuff about Aussie cricket commentary...

In recent years, Indian commentators have taken the art of sycophancy to a new pitch of nausea. But to be fair, Australia has practised its own form of same for some time. Boucher recalls a conversation from the 2008-9 South African tour in which his countryman Tony Greig divulged the Channel 9 policy of uncompromising approbation where Australian players were concerned: ?Everything had to be positive. I asked him: ?How can you always be positive? What happens if Ricky Ponting plays a bad shot ? walks across his stumps and tries to work one through the leg side?? He said: ?There are easy ways to do it. You don?t always have to criticise. You can praise the bowler.? I listened to his commentary when Ponting was out ? he played across the lines and was lbw. Greigy was: ?Ah, great bowling! He knows Ponting moves across his stumps and that shot is his strength. On another day he would have whipped that through mid-wicket for four!? ? Owzat?

Users who are viewing this thread