Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Unless you're one of the 3,500 homes in Australia that is the source of the ratings data, I wouldn't worry about it.. watch what you want.. :p

Oh really? I had no idea. So how do they determine how many people watch the Ashes etc? I'm curious about this now.

I can agree with that...

Shame she no longer works on the A-League coverage. I would have seen more of her then. Her replacements just don't cut it in my opinion, plus Mel seemed to be really love football. I'll admit sometimes I've flicked over to BBL just in hope of seeing her... :spy

Shame she no longer works on the A-League coverage. I would have seen more of her then. Her replacements just don't cut it in my opinion, plus Mel seemed to be really love football. I'll admit sometimes I've flicked over to BBL just in hope of seeing her...

Thankyou for pointing out to me the line between interest and obsession, I can be sure I never cross it thanks to you. :thumbs

Oh really? I had no idea. So how do they determine how many people watch the Ashes etc? I'm curious about this now.

Shame she no longer works on the A-League coverage. I would have seen more of her then. Her replacements just don't cut it in my opinion, plus Mel seemed to be really love football. I'll admit sometimes I've flicked over to BBL just in hope of seeing her... :spy

They extrapolate the data from those 3,500 homes. They try to make the sample of 3,500 as representative of the population as possible.

She's something to look at, but as ethybubs said... that's kinda borderline obsession

They extrapolate the data from those 3,500 homes. They try to make the sample of 3,500 as representative of the population as possible.

So is that that why my new 7mate show "extreme smelling" is getting low views? because those 3,500 people aren't watching it but the rest of Australia is?

I have just read an article about Richie Benaud which contained a short summary of why he has been the best commentator and why the excitement and the emotion of the current commentators is pointless and diminishes tension rather than creating it.

"What I want most from being a television commentator is to be able to feel that, when I say something, I am talking to friends." Benaud's philosophy won him friends all over the world, and a reputation as one of the best sport commentators of all time. But the real key was the words not said. He's also the best non-commentator of all time, the greatest composer of silence since John Cage.

A Benaud silence can build tension or release it, give space for your own thoughts or time for Richie to formulate one of his. It's a capsule of atmosphere that draws you into the crowd for a moment, the way no admonishment to "get excited" ever can. The quiet can often lead up to a punchline or let one hang. Dry as the Nullarbor, Richie was the king but also the joker, Wide World of Sport's answer to Stephen Wright.

The silence went with the turn of phrase. "No point looking for that, let alone chasing it ... It's gone into the confectionery stall and back out again" was how he immortalized a Botham six. A streaker was a "break for athletics", a hit in the protector "struck amidships". He summed up being sledged like this: "in his conversation ... he was taking a few liberties towards my parents' attitudes towards a number of things in life." On a lucky day there would be some gentle innuendo, and then the silence would be extra long, until it would break with the faint, off-mic laughing of the other commentators.

the full article can be found here.

I have just read an article about Richie Benaud which contained a short summary of why he has been the best commentator and why the excitement and the emotion of the current commentators is pointless and diminishes tension rather than creating it.

the full article can be found here.

Thanks for that. Glorious.

Previous Cricket titles like Cricket07, AC09 when we simulate the innings wagon wheels of batsmen were empty, There is no specific info about their shots. So, when we simulate the innings or simulate in career mode in DBC14 till our turn Will wagon wheels be empty or not?

Users who are viewing this thread