Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

i don't think it has to be middled to go to the boundary?

Fair enough you don't have to middle it, but that shot off that part of the bat wouldn't have gone for four, I'm pretty sure it was explained as a bug from old build though.

That video is from one of the machines running the retail build (no day one patch though) - would note that it's on the easy difficulty setting, so it may just be more forgiveness in terms of how well you need to get a shot off for it to be a boundary.

That video is from one of the machines running the retail build (no day one patch though) - would note that it's on the easy difficulty setting, so it may just be more forgiveness in terms of how well you need to get a shot off for it to be a boundary.

I'm fairly confident the game would have changed a fair bit since the "retail build", especially in terms of gameplay tweaking. I'm not even talking about the ps3 they had with the dodgy old build with lots of bugs.

Last edited:
You should post some important Details about your League !deas here in this forum so Everyone can see it.
Is Big Ant officially involved in this project?

Nothing official; however, Ross has said that he will sort out a few prizes for winners of the competitions! :)

Last edited:
How do leagues normally work for cricket games? Are they 50 / 20 over matches with a points system or round robin knockout system?

How do leagues normally work for cricket games? Are they 50 / 20 over matches with a points system or round robin knockout system?

Well you got the Big Bash League, Australian State Cricket and International Cricket. Big Bash League will be the T20s. Australian State Cricket will be Ryobi (50 Over) and Sheffield (First Class/4 day). You can save online games, so with the longer formats such as 50 over and 4-day cricket, you can agree with your opponent to save and continue another time. Same goes with International Cricket.

International Cricket will be exciting because it will feature the T20i and ODI World Cups, you can challenge other nations to tours/test series, and there are rankings for all 3 formats. Oh, and don't forget the Ashes too ;).

----------

Oh and guys, you can try and win a copy here!

Don Bradman Cricket 14 | WIN A COPY - YouTube

^^^ I doubt we'll be able to forget the last ashes series until at least 2015!!

It's ok Ross, I was born in the 70s and I've seen far worse from England!!! Ill still be buying DB14!!

Couldn't bear the wait so went and bought a wired Xbox360 controller for PC (despite the fact I'll be buying the game on PS3 when it comes out).

Couple of points:

1) super impressed with the game so far although I'm rubbish at batting (as I was in IC10 on hard mode)

2) I feel BigAnt have missed a revenue opportunity by not marketing and selling an el-cheapo compatible controller (surely I' not the only one who went out and bought one)

3) Does anyone else notice that a lot of their drives go towards midwicket/wide mid on? Is it the way I'm pushing the joystick or my timing (i'm normally "late")?

4) On an unrelated note, looking at the BARS video showing hotspot again; does anyone else think that the picture is a bit too dark. In particular items like the background, player and the ball itself appear much more bright on TV. Also noticed that the ball doesn't have the white spot where it hits the pitch but that's probably an unnecasary detail at this point.

Keep up the good work Ross; can't wait to get my hands on the real deal!

3) Does anyone else notice that a lot of their drives go towards midwicket/wide mid on? Is it the way I'm pushing the joystick or my timing (i'm normally "late")?

I've noticed this as well. If I attempt a straight drive or an off drive, most times it would become an on drive (this is when I'm trying to hit the Santa/Pirate at midoff). If I put my RS to the 2 o'clock position, I hit a cover drive through extra cover.

Looking at the controller settings on the PC while moving the left analogue stick around I found I was pushing slightly 11 o'clock when I thought I was pushing dead straight (as per prior assumptions I was doing this from other gaming on the Playstation). After a lot of concentration I can get a pretty accurate perfectly straight push, but it is bloody hard. I'd check this if to make sure what you think you are doing on the controller is actually what you're doing.

Note - Looking at the controller as you're doing it is not the same as if you are looking at the PC/TV screen while doing it. You will always be able to correct any errors if you actually watch the controller as opposed to watching a game where you have no finite instant feedback on stick control.

Users who are viewing this thread