Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Looking at the controller settings on the PC while moving the left analogue stick around I found I was pushing slightly 11 o'clock when I thought I was pushing dead straight (as per prior assumptions I was doing this from other gaming on the Playstation). After a lot of concentration I can get a pretty accurate perfectly straight push, but it is bloody hard. I'd check this if to make sure what you think you are doing on the controller is actually what you're doing.

Note - Looking at the controller as you're doing it is not the same as if you are looking at the PC/TV screen while doing it. You will always be able to correct any errors if you actually watch the controller as opposed to watching a game where you have no finite instant feedback on stick control.

Yeah I thought of this.

Also thought about recalibrating the controller so that 11o'clock was "straight". Decided against it as I didn't want to get into bad habits when i played the full game on the PS3. As far as I'm aware there's no way of recalibrating PS3 controllers.

3) Does anyone else notice that a lot of their drives go towards midwicket/wide mid on? Is it the way I'm pushing the joystick or my timing (i'm normally "late")?

I've noticed this as well. If I attempt a straight drive or an off drive, most times it would become an on drive (this is when I'm trying to hit the Santa/Pirate at midoff).

I had noticed this too. But as Frostyvegi pointed out, it was indeed a slightly angled LAS which was making the shot go towards mid on. The LAS angle wasn't a perfect 90 degrees in my case.

Also worth noting is that if you change the mentality (if that is the right word, I forgot what it said in CA) of the batsman to "Precise", you'll see a considerable difference in the way the ball goes towards intended direction.

I was in EB Games today and noticed that all the promo and pre-order gear for DBC14 had been removed. Curious.

Still haven't seen anything in EB Games NZ... Yet...

I was in EB Games today and noticed that all the promo and pre-order gear for DBC14 had been removed. Curious.

Interesting what's going on maybe mattw is right or maybe wrong in adelaide eb games did the same thing I asked the question I was told nothing new CURIOUS indeed

I thinks something big is happening has anyone else noticed that all pre order boxes and advertising of dbc14 have been removed from shelves I hope the game is still coming dont want a dilemma in big ant studios. Ross please confirm the best cricket game in the world is still in motion of heading onto our beloved tvs and pc monitors. Go big ant studios

I thinks something big is happening has anyone else noticed that all pre order boxes and advertising of dbc14 have been removed from shelves I hope the game is still coming dont want a dilemma in big ant studios. Ross please confirm the best cricket game in the world is still in motion of heading onto our beloved tvs and pc monitors. Go big ant studios

i'll put my neck on the line here and say "of course it's still coming, no way is it being cancelled now/delayed."

you'll know the release date in 9 days or less.

Users who are viewing this thread