Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

What a game of cricket, England played so well.:p

Ok now for the breaking news story from jolly old england guys, are you ready, here goes.

The English team will be greeted by the queen when they arrive tomorrow sometime, she will have a large whip and a box of tissues( the tissues are for her) Cook will not be there as he has been sent to London finest Asylum, with fellow English supporters the Barmy army and few members from Plantecricket.:cheers:wave

What a game of cricket, England played so well.:p

Ok now for the breaking news story from jolly old england guys, are you ready, here goes.

The English team will be greeted by the queen when they arrive tomorrow sometime, she will have a large whip and a box of tissues( the tissues are for her) Cook will not be there as he has been sent to London finest Asylum, with fellow English supporters the Barmy army and few members from Plantecricket.:cheers:wave

:clap:clap:clap
I'm in stitches!

:clap:clap:clap
I'm in stitches!

Is that right Zombie, I must ask, what is happening at the asylum for this to happen. PS Is that how you got your name mate.:p PS All good, in truth I do hope England fight there way back to being well a team that can win sometimes.:noway

Now for us Aussies, we did lose one game, maybe next time it will be 13 zero.:clap

Anyone going to the ESPN Superbowl event at Fed Square in the morning? Mike and I will be there if you want to catch up for a drink.

Last edited:
You know what would cool me down on a long hot night with no air con.... DBC14 (PC version).

Speaking of last night's Twenty20, gee that Muirhead looked good - was turning the ball a mile and putting it in fairly good places when he wasn't trying to bowl flippers. Got a bit of drift as well. Star of the future by the looks.

Spent time working with the Broncos in the 90s so I'm on that horse :)

In Aus for 2 weeks and finally had a go at the nets as I have a Windows computer here. Wasn't the full experience as I didn't have the sound on (hockey on the radio) and was rather distracted (hockey on the radio) but it was very fun.

Footwork is paramount. Bradman does seem to move around the crease a lot which forces you to use the correct footwork. It's a good teaching technique :) If you step out to mid wicket to hit a cover drive, you'll struggle.

There are so many buttons to press, and the triggers have varying sensitivity (just fully pressing them for now) so it will definitely take time. I think I'll have to use a lot of the marker to practice specific shots.

Annoyingly there doesn't seem to be much bounce, e.g. for hook shots. Also spinners don't seem to spin much. The off spinner really was just slow, not a spinner. Maybe I am doing something wrong though.

Overall very fun though. If the bowling mechanics are fun too then we really are onto a winner!

Last edited:
OMG they were almost as bad as England and India*!

*two lots of fish, one barrel.

A game which is worth a WAIT !

Let me thank & congratulate BigAnt for a fantastic Cricket Game. It something which has made me wait each day to follow the developments, and finally write my first blog.

The Good

1. The ball Physics.

Its incredible to see how the ball actually behaves. Very close to the reality. I was actually impressed when i played a fine leg glance and got a nick down the legside. Something which no other cricket games might not have even thought about.

2. The Career mode

The whole idea about career mode itself brings goosebumps in somebody who has cherished to be an established cricketer. Hence, giving importance to one's own wicket and just not slogging will definetly bring in a change in the way cricket games are played. Liked the way Bradman raises his bat when we press Y on the controller in CA. Hope the same is done better in the full game.

The Bad

1. Batting

a. First, the footwork while a batsman leaves a ball seems to be quite embarrasing. It is better when the ball is short.
b. I have read this in the blog earlier, there is no need to hurry for the batsman to hurry back to crease after stepping down the track and hitting the ball.
c. Again the point was highlighted, to include a defensive shot after going down the track. But cant we play an aggresive ground shot after stepping out.

The Hope

1. It would be great if we get a chance to take gaurd. Animations can be brought in and umpire can assist you in setting up the gaurd. There can also be custom gaurd if somebody doesn;t feel comfortable with it. Taking gaurd, I guess will bring the career mode closer to reality.

2. The edges have been great with the new ball physics. But I doubt whether it is too much. I feel that more balls should get beaten by the batsman than edging them. This will allow Be a pro for a bowler to play for longer duration.*when compared with a batsman)

3. Sight screen can be made effective if the main camera view is the batsman view or Pro view.

4. The ball doesnt seem to turn a lot in CA. Maybe this may be due to zero pitch influence as the nets is in a synthetic track.

Sorry the post is quite long..looking forward for talking about the game a lot more..!

Congrats again to Ross & team !

Comments on the Facebook page can be seen via my mobile app but if I go through the actual Facebook website on my PC I can't see them? :spy

Anyone else notice this?

Users who are viewing this thread