Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Ross how about creating a Online Tournaments by big ant....Like there should be an xx$ for registration and who wins the tournament they get some xx$ amount(like Winers , runners , Top 4 teams etc) and rest for BigAnt.....Like paid matches option in DBC Future release or Patching DBC 14?

I hope there is some really good penalty for the quitters in the online matches than just decreasing their DNF%. I'm playing Grand Slam Tennis 2 for last one month and everyday 3 or 4 guys drive me bonkers by quitting the match whenever I'm playing good.
Lets just say that if a person quits a match more than 3 times a day, then he should be banned from online matches for that day.

I hope there is some really good penalty for the quitters in the online matches than just decreasing their DNF%. I'm playing Grand Slam Tennis 2 for last one month and everyday 3 or 4 guys drive me bonkers by quitting the match whenever I'm playing good.
Lets just say that if a person quits a match more than 3 times a day, then he should be banned from online matches for that day.

What happens if its network ,Power ,Connectivity issues.....???

Comments on the Facebook page can be seen via my mobile app but if I go through the actual Facebook website on my PC I can't see them? :spy

Anyone else notice this?

I have observed that in my iPhone, where usually contents deleted/privacy applied would reflect only when your phone's cache is cleared. You can try logging out & login back in the app to see if it works. :D

What happens if its network ,Power ,Connectivity issues.....???

That is why i said 3 disconnections. If you have a network issue, solve it after you got disconnected first time.

Get a better ISP...

Lol. Jkz.

It's going to be very hard to enforce what is being suggested, hence why the online save feature will be so good. Just save and then keep on playing as and when you can...

Save feature is only good as long as other participant is willing to come back to finish the game. If its a disconnection problem which is persisting for some reason then we can have some sort of option where a person who is getting disconnected sends a message to opponent and if he's convinced he will give his permission for " Play later" and thus it wont be counted as quitting. Although while giving permission of playing later he would get a option of specifying the time and if the opponent doesn't come back in the specified time, it would be considered as quitting.

Save feature is only good as long as other participant is willing to come back to finish the game. If its a disconnection problem which is persisting for some reason then we can have some sort of option where a person who is getting disconnected sends a message to opponent and if he's convinced he will give his permission for " Play later" and thus it wont be counted as quitting. Although while giving permission of playing later he would get a option of specifying the time and if the opponent doesn't come back in the specified time, it would be considered as quitting.

'Punishing' people won't happen and isn't a good idea in my opinion. What if someone's connection goes down unexpectedly and this happens a few times a day? Should they be punished for that? Of course not. Unless there is a way to tell whether someone has genuinely been disconnected or quit the game, but if there was then the 'loser' would just pull the plug on his connection and claim innocence.

Perhaps, as you a suggest, a time limit should be introduced, for example if the game isn't resumed within 30 days then the player will lose. Of course, they could just restart the game then immediately log out again, over and over again.

'Punishing' people won't happen and isn't a good idea in my opinion. What if someone's connection goes down unexpectedly and this happens a few times a day? Should they be punished for that? Of course not. Unless there is a way to tell whether someone has genuinely been disconnected or quit the game, but if there was then the 'loser' would just pull the plug on his connection and claim innocence.

Perhaps, as you a suggest, a time limit should be introduced, for example if the game isn't resumed within 30 days then the player will lose. Of course, they could just restart the game then immediately log out again, over and over again.

Yes as that's the only option. Else it will be a repeat of what happened in AC09 - as soon as someone's about to lose out went the connection. It was so bad that we were left to play the game with a few select folks. If Madden, FIFA etc. can penalize quitters, I'm sure it's possible and Big Ant can do the same.

If your internet connection is that bad that you get multiple disconnects a day then don't play online or accept the disconnects as losses. I don't see why opponents have to pay for a person's bad internet connection.

It's 5 days since we got a release "date", this forum should be buzzing but instead it's silent.

Bring back Fonz.

It's 5 days since we got a release "date", this forum should be buzzing but instead it's silent.

Bring back Fonz.

It's because there's hours of footage online and just about everything that's in the game is known....

It's because there's hours of footage online and just about everything that's in the game is known....

well yeah I have been trying to think of a good gameplay question to ask that isn't already answered...

not trolling (apart from the bring back fonz bit, obviously) but I am genuinely surprised and a bit disappointed there wasn't more buzz created by Friday. I know it maybe wasn't the exact announcement we all wanted (especially for PC users) but at the same time we got more certainty than we had before and a lot of us will be playing it in circa 7 weeks.

didn't expect the reaction to that to be "meh", really.

I think interest is starting to die down among select people perhaps. It has been about 14 months since the DBC14 thread was first created, so it makes sense. No doubt interest will rise again when the game is closer to release.

Users who are viewing this thread