Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

A few questions off the top of my head:

Is it possible for a player to retire hurt from one blow to head, arm etc...?

Can the ball hit the umpire?

Can a player drop a catch but then another player catches it before it hits the ground?

Is it a possible to bowl a beamer to the chest/head/over the head?

Is it possible to hit the ball out of the ground?

Is it possible to knock more than one stump out of the ground?

@BigAntStudios - any chance of answers to the above please?!

Last edited:
well yeah I have been trying to think of a good gameplay question to ask that isn't already answered...

not trolling (apart from the bring back fonz bit, obviously) but I am genuinely surprised and a bit disappointed there wasn't more buzz created by Friday. I know it maybe wasn't the exact announcement we all wanted (especially for PC users) but at the same time we got more certainty than we had before and a lot of us will be playing it in circa 7 weeks.

didn't expect the reaction to that to be "meh", really.

Whether or not it has been intended, people have been expecting this game to be released since October 2013. It's also not as big a title as GTA to sustain interest despite long delays. I'm not saying that Bradman was ever really due in October but a lot of people had that impression.

Even South Park has been reduced to a bit "meh" after so many delays.

Whether or not it has been intended, people have been expecting this game to be released since October 2013. It's also not as big a title as GTA to sustain interest despite long delays. I'm not saying that Bradman was ever really due in October but a lot of people had that impression.

Even South Park has been reduced to a bit "meh" after so many delays.

I agree. I think too many people fooled themselves that the delay from 2013 to 2014 would mean a very early 2014 release, when that was never on the cards. Feb for the Aus v SA was always best case scenario, March for T20 perhaps most likely. so instead of people losing interest in Jan and reigniting it with the announcement thinking "only 7 weeks", it's more "bloody hell another 7 weeks"... plus I guess a lot of members would have been interested in getting it on PC so for them it's 15 more weeks...

just a pity really. hopefully pick up when the promotional events ramp up

Lucky less than 0.01% of the audience is on forums :)

Lucky less than 0.01% of the audience is on forums :)

Good point :)

Since the release is now being scheduled to tie in with a "major world cricket tournament", is the custom tour/tournament structure capable of recreating said "major world cricket tournament"?

From memory, it couldn't exactly replicate the other "major world cricket tournament", which is due to be held in Aus and NZ next year.

Yes, that was my point, lucky for me.

I'd guess half took their lead from MattW and had a bitch fit and the other half have gone away to hammer the nets for two months. Or four :D

Half the people here only ever talked about the lack of release date.

There's only so much game-related stuff left to talk about until more info is inevitably released

for you but that was not the point I was making, which was that it's disappointing (as a forum member) that the forum has gone so quiet.

I thought the forum would go quite blocker, I also think the release date information was for us not the other 99.2% of cricket fans/sport fans who will buy this game in either march/may.

Bigant do one month campaign so by the end of this month things should be going in overdrive. PS For now maybe a few tweaks to CA and watch the Aussies beat South Africa in SA.;) 3 zero guys.:clap

PS Ross are you still going to update the nets to include advancing and defending the ball. Thanks.

----------

I still won't see his posts....

Ross maybe he is a changed man and has been going to church lately.:p

I thought the forum would go quite blocker, I also think the release date information was for us not the other 99.2% of cricket fans/sport fans who will buy this game in either march/may.

Bigant do one month campaign so by the end of this month things should be going in overdrive. PS For now maybe a few tweaks to CA and watch the Aussies beat South Africa in SA.;) 3 zero guys.:clap

PS Ross are you still going to update the nets to include advancing and defending the ball. Thanks.

----------

Ross maybe he is a changed man and has been going to church lately.:p

In your dreams boy...in your dreams....

In your dreams boy...in your dreams....

No in reality dude:D, in my dreams I am playing DBC14 and beating everyone.:thumbs

----------

Pietersen has been sacked for good, Blocker will you put him in the all-time English team. PS maybe we should have a bad boys team for the world, Dean Jones/ Greg Mathews/Shane Warne and now Pietersen.:clap and others.

Users who are viewing this thread