Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

It maybe a joke to you, but I see it as an insult to the most prestigious player that cricket has ever seen.

So how do you feel about Keith Miller's suggestions that Bradman was an uptight and not entirely honourable stiff who dodged active service in WWII?

Sorry to have insulted the memory of the great man. I was going to suggest a naked Don but I thought he deserved to be clothed. :yes
No disrespect intended. It was a light hearted comment, meant to amuse.:yes

Well, what can I say, you're English and the ashes... never-mind.

----------

So how do you feel about Keith Miller's suggestions that Bradman was an uptight and not entirely honourable stiff who dodged active service in WWII?

This page explains a lot.

Israr I'm starting to think you might be hanging around in those same "coffee shops" as Dutch...

Pro-tip, they're not m&m's

What would you like in there?

I'd like ideas on simple things we could put in the Nets for a bonus or targets etc... has to be *really* simple.

How about a virtual run scoring system. The bowling machine will bowl 6 bowls of a particular bowler type (I.e random fast bowling, then 6 bowls of random spin etc) at a stretch (like an over) and we would need to play like a proper match. Every time we hit the ball on the net we get one run. Straight drives that reach the boundary of the indoor area behind the bowling machine will fetch 4 runs. If a ball hits the boundary without bouncing will fetch 6. Anytime you get an edge behind the wicket you are out, lbws and bowled is out.

Then you can add some challenges as well, like score 100 runs etc......maybe mimic real life scores from the matches played during the day, e.g if Kohli makes a century tomorrow, maybe you can add a challenge to score a century in similar number of balls or less etc.

Great job guys with well most of the ideas, maybe Zombie should take a cold shower with his take on the Don and his underwear.:p

I have nothing much to add, sure I thought of some of the same ideas like the ball colour and pitches/ Advancing and defending/ground shots/ Play as CA made players, if that can be done maybe also there gear like helmets and hats and different bats. Thanks and can't wait for next week.

PS Valentines day/ Aussie beat SA/ CA update and that million dollar lotto ticket I have stored away.:eek:

Great job guys with well most of the ideas, maybe Zombie should take a cold shower with his take on the Don and his underwear.:p

I have nothing much to add, sure I thought of some of the same ideas like the ball colour and pitches/ Advancing and defending/ground shots/ Play as CA made players, if that can be done maybe also there gear like helmets and hats and different bats. Thanks and can't wait for next week.

PS Valentines day/ Aussie beat SA/ CA update and that million dollar lotto ticket I have stored away.:eek:

No, the cold shower didn't help.:facepalm

On a serious note, lose the pirate or make him explode on contact with the ball. Arghhh!

No, the cold shower didn't help.:facepalm

On a serious note, lose the pirate or make him explode on contact with the ball. Arghhh!

It's ok Zombie I have said things on here that were, well not bright.:yes

PS Great idea, how about a set number of characters we can hit.

Santa/ Pirate/ Biggs/Dutch(Are they the same person ?)Ross so on, maybe a trickstar sign or a Fegan.

Now everytime you hit this character he goes a little redder till he explodes, never knowing how many hits it takes to explode.

It's ok Zombie I have said things on here that were, well not bright.:yes

PS Great idea, how about a set number of characters we can hit.

Santa/ Pirate/ Biggs/Dutch(Are they the same person ?)Ross so on, maybe a trickstar sign or a Fegan.

Now everytime you hit this character he goes a little redder till he explodes, never knowing how many hits it takes to explode.

Sorry. I've been celebrating a great win by the England rugby team over Scotland. A small crumb of comfort after the Ashes debacle.:yes

Sorry. I've been celebrating a great win by the England rugby team over Scotland. A small crumb of comfort after the Ashes debacle.:yes

Small wins, I don't understand as I only know huge ones like 12 wins and 1 loss.:p

PS Zombie, when the game get's released next month maybe try to win back the ashes with the same teams. Only on legend ok, good luck.:D

Small wins, I don't understand as I only know huge ones like 12 wins and 1 loss.:p

PS Zombie, when the game get's released next month maybe try to win back the ashes with the same teams. Only on legend ok, good luck.:D

It's a deal. I only play on legend because I am one.:eek:
A win is a win. A small crumb of comfort.

Israr I'm starting to think you might be hanging around in those same "coffee shops" as Dutch...

Pro-tip, they're not m&m's

The only problem with Dutch Coffee-shops is that they keep dipping Moroccan Finest Blended Marijuana in my feckin Cappuccino.....

You can actually order coffee in a Dutch coffee shop... never knew that.

Users who are viewing this thread