Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Space shortage, only reason why I'm looking to buy a laptop.

Beside, i'd be doing gaming on PS3 when the full version comes out. Wouldn't mind having a go at the nets before that happens. can i run cricket academy at full settings on this laptop?...

What's the primary purpose of the laptop? Is it to only play the nets as you will use PS3 for the game? Do you want to use the laptop for playing other games? Is the laptop going to be used primarily for browsing, chatting and running lightweight apps or are you planning to use it as HTPC? Are you planning to use the laptop for graphics based applications?

I'm afraid you will need to answer these questions before you can decide on which laptop to purchase. But in case you don't intend to play any games on the laptop then whether the laptop can run DBC nets (CA Beta) should not be a factor in your decision making. You are going to get the game within a couple of months anyway so why worry about nets?

What's the primary purpose of the laptop? Is it to only play the nets as you will use PS3 for the game? Do you want to use the laptop for playing other games? Is the laptop going to be used primarily for browsing, chatting and running lightweight apps or are you planning to use it as HTPC? Are you planning to use the laptop for graphics based applications?

I'm afraid you will need to answer these questions before you can decide on which laptop to purchase. But in case you don't intend to play any games on the laptop then whether the laptop can run DBC nets (CA Beta) should not be a factor in your decision making. You are going to get the game within a couple of months anyway so why worry about nets?

I am not really into PC gaming so no (well other than cricket coach, maybe :D ). Main reason why I am looking to buy one is to use microsoft office and ofcourse the internet. Not really bothered about the specs so much, just thought its worth asking if the academy can be played on it which would be a bonus to me. That's all.

----------

I doubt it. I've used a machine with a similar AMD A4 CPU and while I haven't tried the nets on it, it has slowdown trying to play games like Peggle, let alone something more demanding.

Really not a good machine for games, and pretty much nothing at that pricepoint is, unless you're willing to look at refurbished machines.

The game comes out on consoles in a little over a month, so I wouldn't factor it into your purchase.

Thanks matt

Well I saw some guy on youtube playing NFS most wanted (2012) on the this laptop and that got my hopes up. Not a big deal if it don't run.

Edit: NFS most wanted was being played on a Toshiba. Sorry for the misinformation :facepalm

Last edited:
That is why we all love Alienware:yes:yes:yes

Who loves Alienware? Overpriced, and your paying an extra hundred or so just for the brand. Their smaller machines built for the living room are nice though. Even then though you can build something better and cheaper yourself.

Hey guys.. this may very well of been answered a long time ago.. but do we know if the stumps light up for T20 games???

Ross mentioned the distribution plan was pretty easy in Somalia... Just send a few boxes on a dinghy floating past the coastline, the state funded pick-up-and-delivery does the rest. Last I heard Mikey was gonna row...

Who loves Alienware? Overpriced, and your paying an extra hundred or so just for the brand. Their smaller machines built for the living room are nice though. Even then though you can build something better and cheaper yourself.

I agree about Alienware.

...any plans for a Mac version of the game? :P

Finally got saved up the rquired money to buy a PC !!!!
Can anyone please answer if this laptop is good enough for DBC nets or not
lenovo g505 - Google Search

In order to answer the actual question rather than stretch it out with the obvious..

Referring to this which I put together for this exact reason, comparing the benchmark figures for the laptop you are looking at I can assume you'd be able to play with a rough 30 frames per second on low settings. It wouldn't be very smooth or attractive, would be near unplayable depending on your patience with such things.

Alienware typically use many poor quality parts. E.g. with Memory they may say "16 gb memory", since that's the number that sells computers, but the actual quality of the ram won't be high.

Ross I have a new idea for the CA nets update on Friday, can you animate the nets in the nets, so it acts like a real net not a force field, if this is to hard I do understand.

PS Also fix all the faults that the Fonz has said ok, this will be easy mate just close your eyes and say be gone fonz 3 times and all will be fixed.:clap

I will continue to play the nets everyday for flaws/fun ross, if I may I think the edges down the legside needs a tweak, like small edges from a leg glance to the wicketkeeper or when you play a leg glance the edge does go to the other side higher not straight to the floor. I hope you understand what I am saying. Thanks for everything.:D

Ok after playing the nets and looking for flaws I want some of the members view on a couple of things, please Ross/Blocker/Biggs(Dutch:rolleyes/Zombie and anyone else who has CA Nets 99.94c. Do you think ideal timing gets to many edges to be fare, after you make a mistake in the nets the timing and momentum falls to nothing, now this is fine BUT this is ok for late or poor shots in the game and the wrong shots but this was to a cover drive from a good length/outside off and 3 edges in a row.

Just a thought I am not saying Fonz is right but there is always some truth in the sight of madness.

Only few days left so I will keep trying to see what needs a tweak, thanks.:spy

I imagine timing isn't everything as shot selection for the ball that is coming at you is just as vital...

Speaking of updates though and what we would like included. It might not be possible, but perhaps some kind of scoring system. Taking indoor cricket as inspiration. Hit the pirate (or whatever) and you get a certain amount of points. Hit the back wall equals 'x' amount of points. Then when you get bowled or an edge to the back wall, you lose points.

Not sure on how it could be implemented, but I don't want to do all the work for you guys at Big Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread