Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Big Ant usually have very minimal huds so this is unlikely in matches.

However it's a great idea for the nets as I sometimes have the same problem with that. Considering the nets is a practise mode I think it would be a good addition, with the option to disable it.

A wheel like in older cricket games, showing where we are trying to hit the ball.:thumbs Plus a Fonz mode where the ball hits the middle of the bat and goes in the same place over and over again, call in ashes super easy mode.:D

How about a ball physics tech demo? Which involves a cricket ball passing through an infinite number of chair legs. Wh all know the boys at big ant are proud of their ball physics this would give them a chance to showcase them to the world. (I'm sorry)

The guys today were bowling with rugby league balls, that was pretty funny :)

That sounds great! Was anyone able to get one straight and at the stumps? Let's go bigger put one of those chairs through the machine :p.

That sounds great! Was anyone able to get one straight and at the stumps? Let's go bigger put one of those chairs through the machine :p.

The bounce is very hard to judge, stumps flying everywhere but sixes very easy to hit :)

Would love to have timing feedback while batting. Somehow controlled amount of session to get percentage of timing and some how feedback of how batting session was.

P.S. Possibility to play with your own character would be perfect to get. I am dying to see created players in action.

Last edited:
Do you think ideal timing gets to many edges to be fare

No. In all honest I think the name of the notification 'ideal' is a bit of a lie.. as late and early can be an 'ideal' timing for the shot you want to play. Maybe think of it like the length of a pitch.. can be short or can be full.. which may be 'good' if you're trying to get that kind of delivery, but ain't going to be in the green 'good' zone.

'Ideal' timing to a ball that is not playable with the shot you're performing should always produce a non hit or a badly played/placed hit. Co-ordinating footwork and appropriate shot placement will get the result, it's just being able to decide in that split second what the best footwork and shot selection is, and making sure your thumbs push the 'joysticks' in the right direction (enter total randomness factor here, joys of being human) as intended will get the desired results. Unfortunately it's cricket, and even the best of them play the wrong shot with the wrong footwork to the wrong ball.

-edit- didn't realise there was two more pages after yours.. but yeah, everyone has already said the above and I feel there is no issues. As per my long winded response in the other thread, taking out as many variables as possible, you can get the exact same connection with the bat and ball and the same result.. but that's just not cricket!

Last edited:
just one thing to play with the players we had created and also inclusion of a non striker in nets:facepalm may be even replays/bobble heads

Last edited:
To be honest I don't want to see much included in the nets upgrade. I would rather discover the full game when it is released.

Can i have my driveway in the game?

Then you will be justified in buying the steering wheel and can drive in to the stadium on match days .. Surely this feature has to be there.

Users who are viewing this thread