Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

cheers is the most abused smiley here, hate it. and everyone who uses it. everyone.

I can't believe I forgot to mention it. Seriously, like sometimes it's okay. But I have seen guys here put sarcastic smiley when they're being completely unsarcastic or straightforward.

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

----------

Why do a lot of people here abuse the facepalm and sarcasm smilies?

:facepalm--ur so childish i think better than you huff huff
:cheers -- so long buddy, i wont buy you a round if i met you in person
:p--- i was just kidding you got that right RIGHT:eek:

@MattW i found you remain online 23 and 1/2 hours a day how do you manage this :-D

agent-smith.jpg

MATT Revolution

This isn't creepy.... At. All.

It's funny Biggs, just needs your art to change to Matt face.:cheers

----------

No. In all honest I think the name of the notification 'ideal' is a bit of a lie.. as late and early can be an 'ideal' timing for the shot you want to play. Maybe think of it like the length of a pitch.. can be short or can be full.. which may be 'good' if you're trying to get that kind of delivery, but ain't going to be in the green 'good' zone.

'Ideal' timing to a ball that is not playable with the shot you're performing should always produce a non hit or a badly played/placed hit. Co-ordinating footwork and appropriate shot placement will get the result, it's just being able to decide in that split second what the best footwork and shot selection is, and making sure your thumbs push the 'joysticks' in the right direction (enter total randomness factor here, joys of being human) as intended will get the desired results. Unfortunately it's cricket, and even the best of them play the wrong shot with the wrong footwork to the wrong ball.

-edit- didn't realise there was two more pages after yours.. but yeah, everyone has already said the above and I feel there is no issues. As per my long winded response in the other thread, taking out as many variables as possible, you can get the exact same connection with the bat and ball and the same result.. but that's just not cricket!

Thanks for the reply mate, I must say after a very tiring night at work I was happy to have something interesting to read when I got home.

I guess that Fonz just got to my head and I started to look for huge flaws in the nets. The nets rock as simple as that.:cheers

Blocker.:cheers Buddy.;)

Why do a lot of people here abuse the facepalm and sarcasm smilies?

The facepalm is ok for self deprecation but otherwise once used there is nowhere to go, no further escalation, it's your last word. So annoying :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread