Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Never heard of it.

1. speed(140+ slower than morkel)
2. Bounce(A short pitched ball in a 5 day game at 140+ kph is nothing like a 150 kph bouncer bowled in a timeless test to batsman with minimal protection and a ring of fielders waiting for him to hit one.)
3. the ability to land the ball off the pitch when out of form (which has been 75% of his career)
4. the ability to bowl the easier of the two forms of swing.

I think that has fixed it up.

I think one of the reasons why you never see a 150 kph bouncer is that it'd be a wide over the batsman's head (and possibly the keeper's too!)

For more info on EA Cricket 07 on PS2 and the century stick controls read the following review...

Cricket 07 Review for PlayStation 2: A very solid sports game, which any fan of cricket should still be able to enjoy more than 2 years on. - GameFAQs

Here's an excerpt...

Gameplay: How exactly does the game play? Without answering it to shortly, the controls have taken a turn since the last game-arguably providing a much cleaner experience. Instead of the use of the directional buttons to control the batsman, pressing the 'x' button to drive, the 'square' button to block and so forth, the analogue stick finally becomes the main control point from which the batsman plays shots. The left and right sticks work in conjunction with each other. The left stick is used to play a batsmans array of shots, (cuts, drives, pulls etc.) the player pulls down on the stick to play forward and drive it down the field, depending on the timing-or he may choose to appropriately flick it down to fine-leg. The choice is there, as the analogue stick completely controls how shots are played. The right stick is used to choose a back-foot or front-foot shot. This gives more freedom to the player, as the game has introduced a diffrent system of control-providing more shots and a new way to play. With a new camera angle introduced,(the 'behind-the-batsman' camera) the game becomes much more realistic, and to EA's credit-is relatively easy to pick up once you've had a solid session in the practice nets. It also has 5 difficulty levels, giving a large range of ways to challenge yourself and improve the timing of your batting. The controls respond well, though if shot played is to risky (repeatedly 'dancing' or 'slogging') or timed incorrectly, its back to the pavilion. The only criticism of the gameplay as a whole, is to see a wickets as the result of the control scheme. It can be fairly frustrating trying to drive the ball through the covers, only to play an arkward looking cut-shot. Overall however, little can be criticised in terms of the way the game plays, as most cricketing fans will lap this up, thoroughly providing a fun way to play and control the game

It's quite fashionable to bash EA but you have to give credit where it's due. EA introduced the batting controls way back in 2006-07 which DBC has mastered now. The game sucked because of the bowling & AI but its batting controls were the best I've seen especially with behind the wk camera on PS2. If you can somehow get your hands on the game on a PS2, have a go and I can say you won't be disappointed.

@blockerdave I'm sure you would have loved it.

Last edited:
^ ya i always thought technically their stuff was solid especially considering it was half a decade back when real time physics systems would not have been viable on most PC's not to mention Ps2, but what they lacked was getting the gameplay and feel right something modders here have been able to provide much better with the limited access they have to tweaking stuff, if they(EA) had indulged directly and did it , we could have had a much better game in our hands.

^ ya i always thought technically their stuff was solid especially considering it was half a decade back when real time physics systems would not have been viable on most PC's not to mention Ps2, but what they lacked was getting the gameplay and feel right something modders here have been able to provide much better with the limited access they have to tweaking stuff, if they(EA) had indulged directly and did it , we could have had a much netter game in our hands.

That's why I'm crediting EA for what they did. They were pioneers of the batting controls we saw in IC 2010 and now DBC and they did it nearly a decade back on PS2 :eek:

EA Cricket 07 sucked due to poor AI and repetitive bowling but they nailed the batting part on PS2 with that behind the wk camera. Now it's fashionable to take shots at EA but they did do a great job with EA Cricket 07 and were just an iteration or two away from nailing cricket as a sport in a video game. I would love for them to re-enter the cricket video gaming market as more competition can only be good for cricket video gaming and fans like us.

The game sucked because of the bowling & AI...

#EndOf

EA are about the worst thing in the world when it comes to games, next to Trickstar of course, who took that crown only a few months ago.

#EndOf

EA are about the worst thing in the world when it comes to games, next to Trickstar of course, who took that crown only a few months ago.

Not even close. None of the EA games I have played have even come close to the crapolla that was Ashes Cricket 13. Cricket 07's batting controls were the most innovative and took us away from button mashing (pressing Xs & Os). I wish I can say anything positive about AC13.

@Biggs do agree that EA are absolutely money minded,and would try to milk one gen game with various iterations doing minor updates but it also gives them the power to spend more on the game and after umpteen iterations they do seem to get better with the games they make like fifa, i wouldnt mind if they reentered cricket more the merrier.

^^^
EA are bound to have their fair share of detractors just as all organizations do when they become too big or successful but there's no denying the fact EA has and do come up with great games. I play Madden and it's awesome. If Cricket can even come close to Madden video game we would be set.

ya they do come up with great games, but most of the times especially in recent times they do mess up badly especially with the soul of the games, they mostly get their technical stuff well above others, but sometimes kill the essence of the game they are making like Harry potter Deathly hallow games i will never forgive them for making it a FPS.DA2 also they dumbed it down for masses, bioware were alright till they got purchased by EA.
Thats one area i would like to see EA improve and take steps to interact with the community they are catering to, get to know the essence of the material they are making, they can surely learn a thing or two from ross here.
If they do that their games will get much better.

You really are a funny guy.:noway

Don't say that Biggs head is already huge.:yes

Plus New Zealand are playing good cricket lately, that stand of 352 was amazing. Maybe they could face few overs against the Johnson machine.:noway

Users who are viewing this thread