Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

what is you best score and on what level and cam.

----------

great be good to see a golf game that is no ea shit.

I play it on Very poor/Legend Only get about 20-30ish haha, I like to challenge myself especially when this is the game i will be living on for 12+ hours a day when i get it

How about you ?

utterly off topic, but ti's a quiet morning so i'm gonna pseudo mod and allow it:

currently reading Time to Declare, Mark ("Tubby") Taylor's autobiography. What a top bloke he comes across as. Always liked him, and I like when he's commentating on TV, but he really comes across well in the book.

It was written just after he retired so some of the analysis of "current" issues in cricket is a touch dated, though a lot of it is actually timeless and surprisingly relevant (regarding media pressure, coach/player demarcation, "trouble" characters etc.)

anyone looking for a cricket book to read, read this.

Positively on topic compared to the thread of James Bond puns.

I always like reading cricket biographies. Very much looking forward to the current crop of England ones...

I honestly can't believe you don't find him to be biased. Especially seeing as though you're an Englishman.

His quality has decreased in recent years. He provides little insight whatsoever.

Might just be his voice - he has a great voice.

Pommie mbangwa.
Geoffrey Boycott.
Michael holding.

Those are great voices. I've never noticed anything special about Taylors voice other than an Aussie accent (and if you like aussie accents I'll start attaching some of my readings ;) ).

Last edited:
Pommie mbangwa.
Geoffrey Boycott.
Michael holding.

Those are great voices. I've never noticed anything special about Taylors voice other than an Aussie accent (and if you like aussie accents I'll start attaching some of my readings ;) ).

Holding is the best, agreed. I like Taylor, so bugger off, is the extent of the debate i am prepared to have ;)

Anyhoo, regardless of his merits a commentator, you should read his book. It's fantastic and he comes across brilliantly.

Users who are viewing this thread